NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Online Thread

OK, I'm done for tonight.

@S.C.G I notice you have an over reliance on Specials. You really do favour them over any other move. But it leaves you well open at times and I feel that if you mixed it up a bit, you'd be harder to land a hit on. You'd also get more KO's because most characters strongest attack is an A one.

I'm gonna give you the same advice I gave a few of the kids. Set up a match with a low level CPU some time. Choose a map with no pits. (Wii Fit Studio is a good shout) and try to beat them without ever pressing the B button.

Normal attacks are the way most characters rack up damage and it's important to understand the general gist of how to hit others with aerial attacks and so on.

It's definitely worth practicing it.

Anyway, thanks for the games!

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the games everyone! :D

And cheers for the advice @Glen-i I do feel like I'm playing Smash wrong at times as I do like using those special moves... a lot. :p

But I could definitely learn to pratice a bit more on my basic attacks in single player, I think my trouble is I haven't played single player since late last year.

I should get back on that.

8 minutes ago, S.C.G said:

Thanks for the games everyone! :D

And cheers for the advice @Glen-i I do feel like I'm playing Smash wrong at times as I do like using those special moves... a lot. :p

But I could definitely learn to pratice a bit more on my basic attacks in single player, I think my trouble is I haven't played single player since late last year.

I should get back on that.

Of course, the character choice is an important factor. Like, if you're playing as Samus, you'll probably want to use a lot of B moves when you have some distance, but if you're playing as someone like Mario, then you'll need to utilise A moves more often than not.

But yeah, the hectic action of 4-player online matches, while hilarious, is not the best place to practice that stuff. So try and find some time to beat up some CPU's in a one-on-one now and again and try to focus on the A button until you're ready to start mixing the two buttons.

And don't neglect those aerial attacks. They're some of the most important moves. (As you saw with that Corrin Combo finisher I pulled off)

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 1

Just a quick heads up, I'm thinking about putting together a podcast/videocast that would require people to play Smash whilst reviewing games. Head over to the Podcast thread in General gaming to see more - people needed.

I should be able to partake in post MK Smash tonight at 9:15pm.

Not a guarantee I'll be ready in time, so it might be a bit later.

Stamina was last week, so it'll be time this week.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LazyBoy said:

@Glen-i may I be so rude to request that you download the custom stage RKPYG1X4? You'll see why.

Done, shall I wait until 4 people are in the room before choosing it?

Not sure what the plan was for the test run of the podcast thing, but I’m only going to be online until around 10:30. ::shrug:

Wow! What an amazing match! @S.C.G That couldn't be any closer.

It was so amazing it broke the game!

Edited by Glen-i
  • Haha 1

Cheers for the games. :)

We might not have the audio sorted yet but we'll get there. :D

It was fun anyway. :peace:

That was an epic battle on the Tri-Force stage just now, what a finale! :o I was seriously on the edge of my seat watching that. :hehe: 

Man, I love this game. :) 

Someone needs to change their choice from Sick Air, Bro. Plenty of other stages.

• Thanks 1

Ok that’s it for me, nothing is going to top what just happened, going out with a bang. :laughing: 

Cheers for the games! 

:peace:

• Thanks 1

That's it for me, room was jam packed tonight! Was great fun, even if fighting @Sprout gives me proper anxiety.

I wish I could edge guard half as good as he does.

• Thanks 1

Fun games last night. Shame I couldn’t stick around a bit longer. But sounds like you had more turn up. 

I spent about 2 minutes on Sick Air, Bro just floating between portals as I didn't realise that once you use your UP+B, that's you done :laughing:

What a bizarre stage...