Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

N-Europe Video Game Club

drahkon

33 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Just checked.  Yup.  Ghost Trick is up on the iOS store.

From what I recall, the port is generally pretty solid overall.

I mean, it can't be that easy to mess up. It's designed for touch screens!

With that in mind, I'm making Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective my nomination.

Being that Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective is available on Nintendo DS and the IOS store, which should make it easier for others to obtain, I'll put in a nomination for it.

Especially as I have the game, and it's one of the titles I genuinely did plan on playing, despite not playing many games recently.

(The original DS game is admitedly not cheap for a boxed copy... £50 - £60+)

Kirby Power Paintbrush is an excellent option as well though, the Wii U port is very good from what I remember, plus you can play it on the big screen.

(The original DS game is also not cheap for a a boxed copy... £25 - £30+ though import versions can be cheaper)

Are we doing nominations? I'm undecided between Elite Beat Agents (officially the best DS game, it's a proven N-E fact) and Spirit Tracks (a game I feel like replaying)...

Wait, what are the nominations for, exactly? Anticipated votes?

11 hours ago, Jonnas said:

Are we doing nominations? I'm undecided between Elite Beat Agents (officially the best DS game, it's a proven N-E fact) and Spirit Tracks (a game I feel like replaying)...

Wait, what are the nominations for, exactly? Anticipated votes?

I suppose once we have a nomination from every interested person, we could then all vote (you wouldn't be allowed to vote for your own nomination) and see if we get a majority?

I did a similar thing in the Music Thread.

Yeah, my plan was to just ask some input here and get about 5 titles and make it a poll. So I'll wait a day or so for a bit more input and I'll open up a poll tomorrow. So shout here if you want to put a DS touch-heavy game on the shortlist! 

Ghost Trick  wasn't originally my suggestion, I was just offering some input on the games which were suggested, it does seem like a good pick though.

If we were going to be going for a shortlist of five titles, then at the moment, that would seem to be...

Elite Beat Agents
Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective
Kirby: Power Paintbrush
Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword
The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass/Spirit Tracks

This is going from the input of everyone who has suggested a game so far, these seem to be the standout titles, but if anyone wants to add more, or go for a completely different list, no worries... and yes, I put both Zelda games down because if it turns out that either of those is picked, then it doesn't really matter which, as both have their good/bad points.

Anyway, whichever game is picked, I hope that it's enjoyed, if it turns out that a game is picked that I haven't played before, then I'll potentially participate, but if it's one which I've played before, I might give it a replay, though that's less likely to happen.

Edited by S.C.G
  • Thanks 1

DS + touchscreen is Etrian Odyssey. :cool: 

If anyone ever wants to have a yarn about that series I'm available.
...is that tumbleweed in my PMs? :cry: 

1 hour ago, S.C.G said:

The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass/Spirit Tracks

Would be cool to see some reflections on these games this year. 👍