Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Banjo Kazooie

Sarka

I've got the key and all the eggs. Nothing interesting about them, really. Just stuff they "removed" from the game (but still left the items there).

Not exactly true. They had a function back then, or more accurately, they were supposed to have a function. You were supposed to connect Banjo Tooie & Kazooie together, so you could access those items, and you would get extra things in Banjo Tooie. This is known as the infamous stop 'n swop. I believe you actually had to swap cassettes with the power on, so you could use the memory of the other game (to exchange data). But they didn't go through with this feature. It was a major disappointment for many fans :D. (when you've completed Kazooie 100 %, you know exactly what I mean).

Anyway, Kazooie en Tooie remain my favourite platformers of all time I think, allthough, like I've already said in the Banjo 360 thread, I haven't played many pure platformers recently (I should buy Sonic Rush or something). I remember exactly when I decided to buy it.. Before my vacation, I couldn't decide between Goemon and Banjo, I needed something epic at least! :D. Than during my vacation, I actually played some Banjo in a toystore there. When I got back, a friend bought Goemon, and returned it after just 1 day, because he had finished it. That's when I made my decision :D!. I obviously don't regret it. Click Clock Woods is my favourite platform level of all time! That level is just magical, it has such an enchanting forest atmosphere.. I really loved that level. Seeing all the changes thoughout the seasons..

And Rusty Bucket Bay is definitely the hardest. The placement of some of the items.. That's just sadistic :D. Also note where the ship is based, it says "Twycross" at the back.

I love Banjo-Kazooie so much i re-bought an N64 for it. It's just so brilliant to play, even now, and i did it 100%, too which was a plus. My best bit is sliding down the slope of Freezeezy Peak, then finding yourself under this colossal snowman, the music can make it feel like christmas in summer! I found Banjo-Tooie was great, but the levels were too big. Trying to find 10 jiggys in levels that are 3 times the size of those in Banjo-kazzoie just wasn't practical, so you could wander round for ages doing nothing.

Let's hope they put the magic of the original into the 360 version. Though judging by the changes they've made to their appearence, that's not looking likley.

Not exactly true. They had a function back then, or more accurately, they were supposed to have a function. You were supposed to connect Banjo Tooie & Kazooie together, so you could access those items, and you would get extra things in Banjo Tooie. This is known as the infamous stop 'n swop. I believe you actually had to swap cassettes with the power on, so you could use the memory of the other game (to exchange data). But they didn't go through with this feature. It was a major disappointment for many fans :D. (when you've completed Kazooie 100 %, you know exactly what I mean).

Anyway, Kazooie en Tooie remain my favourite platformers of all time I think, allthough, like I've already said in the Banjo 360 thread, I haven't played many pure platformers recently (I should buy Sonic Rush or something). I remember exactly when I decided to buy it.. Before my vacation, I couldn't decide between Goemon and Banjo, I needed something epic at least! :D. Than during my vacation, I actually played some Banjo in a toystore there. When I got back, a friend bought Goemon, and returned it after just 1 day, because he had finished it. That's when I made my decision :D!. I obviously don't regret it. Click Clock Woods is my favourite platform level of all time! That level is just magical, it has such an enchanting forest atmosphere.. I really loved that level. Seeing all the changes thoughout the seasons..

And Rusty Bucket Bay is definitely the hardest. The placement of some of the items.. That's just sadistic :D. Also note where the ship is based, it says "Twycross" at the back.

Banjo Kazooie had the superior levels but Banjo Tooie was a better game. Ye have to love the snow levels and fact that it takes over 100 hours to complete both games properly. Gruntilda was a dirty scum but her quiz proved light relief. Ye shud have a blast on Grunty's Revenge the prequel to Banjo Kazooie. Worth a look for you die hard types.

I love Banjo-Kazooie so much i re-bought an N64 for it. It's just so brilliant to play, even now, and i did it 100%, too which was a plus. My best bit is sliding down the slope of Freezeezy Peak, then finding yourself under this colossal snowman, the music can make it feel like christmas in summer! I found Banjo-Tooie was great, but the levels were too big. Trying to find 10 jiggys in levels that are 3 times the size of those in Banjo-kazzoie just wasn't practical, so you could wander round for ages doing nothing.

Let's hope they put the magic of the original into the 360 version. Though judging by the changes they've made to their appearence, that's not looking likley.

microsoft will muck it up. a geezer i know showed me some footage of it and the new banjo game looks slightly wick. bring back the 98 version and i might add the same year that the l'equipe de france won the world cup. Zidane, i thank you.

Banjo Kazooie is one of my all-time top 20 games, and certainly top 10 platformers. And also, much, much better than Mario 64 -it just had so much more colour and personality. Plus, Mad Monster Mansion was gorgeous to look at!

Banjo-Kazooie is probably the best platformer I have ever played. I recently went back and played it all again and it is just a pure masterpiece. The Rare-Nintendo alliance just meant that 100% pure quality games were being released every 6 months or so on the N64. I never understood why everyone really liked click clock wood though. I found that level to be a good idea, but not as much fun to play as the other ones. My fav level probably has to be the the one with the giant ship (rusty bucket bay?). def the hardest! Also really enjoyed the final battle against Gruntilda.

Banjo-Kazooie was one of my favourite N64 games, it escaped my 20 game or so trade-in when I got my GC because I knew some day I'd want to play it all the way through again.

It was funny all the way through aswell as fun to play. I rarely complete games 100% because I get bored of collecting everything but I didn't tire of the fantastic levels of Banjo-kazooie, the layout was really good.

I'm a banjo kazooie veteran, I've spent too much of my life playing that game.

Rusty Bucket Bay is still a bitch. Mad Monster Mansion and Freezeezy Peak are amazing.

Finding those eggs and the key was immense. Finding there was nothing you could do with them was not.

The Wishywashybanjo cheat was hilarious.

Ah I'm feeling so nostalgic tonight.

Finding those eggs and the key was immense. Finding there was nothing you could do with them was not.

Ran out of development time probably or just simply forgot about it. There was supposed to be a device that utilised the findings of these things to unlock additional content or something like that. It'd be documented somewhere on the internet.

If there was no Mario 64, there would be no BK, simple as. Banjo copied the basic formula of doing objectives to get the Jiggies, but just added other things on top of it. The whole Banjo and Kazooie linking up was awesome. They were so many moves the two could do together, not to mention they how they could split up in BT, making it even more awesome.

Props to Kazooie by the way. I'm still stumped as to how in the hell she managed to carry around that lard arse Banjo at times. Classic.

Ran out of development time probably or just simply forgot about it. There was supposed to be a device that utilised the findings of these things to unlock additional content or something like that. It'd be documented somewhere on the internet.

They had planned that once you got the item on BK, you used it (or something) then took out the cartridge while the '64 was still on, it was able to keep some of the data and when you put in Tooie it would realise that you had the item on BK. Nintendo said no - as it was dangerous to yank out a game while the hardware was still on, so they scraped it.

Also, imo - Banjo > Mario.