NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Dcubed

Shenmue 1&2 HD (PC/PS4/Xbox One)

So there are still more details to come, I wonder if the save function which carries data between the first and second games will be present?

This feature was present on the Dreamcast originals but obviously not on the Xbox origginal re-release, so it would be nice to see it reinstated.

What would be even nicer is if there is some kind of data carried over between these remasters and Shenmue III as well, now that really would be something.

There were some conflicting reports going around regarding the time skip feature being present in both Shenmue I and Shenmue II in the HD collection (it was present in the original version of the latter, but not the former), but VG247 have now cleared this up; in a brief statement, a SEGA spokesperson revealed to them that they’ve “tried to stay as close to the original feature sets in each game as possible, so Shenmue I will not have the time skip feature”.

Shenmue II will retain this feature in the HD collection.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Julius Caesar said:

There were some conflicting reports going around regarding the time skip feature being present in both Shenmue I and Shenmue II in the HD collection (it was present in the original version of the latter, but not the former), but VG247 have now cleared this up; in a brief statement, a SEGA spokesperson revealed to them that they’ve “tried to stay as close to the original feature sets in each game as possible, so Shenmue I will not have the time skip feature”.

Shenmue II will retain this feature in the HD collection.

I'm a little disappointed by that to be honest. I appreciate that they want these games to feel as close to how they felt back in 1999/2002 but little things like being able to skip time in Shenmue 2 was a nice QoL feature that really should have been in Shenmue 1. I'm surprised it isn't an option they would allow you to turn on or off in the settings or something. Look's like we really will have to wait around a whole day for our plane ticket again.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Helmsly said:

I'm a little disappointed by that to be honest. I appreciate that they want these games to feel as close to how they felt back in 1999/2002 but little things like being able to skip time in Shenmue 2 was a nice QoL feature that really should have been in Shenmue 1. I'm surprised it isn't an option they would allow you to turn on or off in the settings or something. Look's like we really will have to wait around a whole day for our plane ticket again.

Lol, when I saw you’d linked to something to do with the plane ticket I just knew it’d be the GB endurance run and Vinny’s anger.

• Like 2

Had this come out for the Switch, it would've been a day one purchase.

I might get the Steam version if there'll be an active modding community.

• Like 1

Adam Koralik has revealed a few more tidbits about Shenmue I & II:

• there will not be a collector’s edition of the game.

• if you purchase a physical copy of either the PS4 or XBO version of the game in North America or Europe (and potentially in Australia), the game will come bundled with a poster.

• interestingly (but also somewhat unsurprisingly), Japan is only getting the PS4 release of the game. 

He also revealed that he knows what the planned release date for the collection is, but, for obvious reasons, cannot share that information at this time.

Edited by Julius Caesar
  • Thanks 2

The console versions of Shenmue I & II are now up for pre-order on Amazon, at £29.99. 

A bunch of screenshots from the remasters have also been released, which I think look great:

Shenmue I

shenmue01.jpg

shenmue02.jpg

shenmue03.jpg

shenmue04.jpg

shenmue05.jpg

shenmue06.jpg

shenmue07.jpg

Shenmue II

shenmue201.jpg

shenmue202.jpg

shenmue203.jpg

shenmue204.jpg

shenmue205.jpg

shenmue206-1.jpg

shenmue207.jpg

Edited by Julius Caesar
  • Like 2

shenmue02.jpg

He's got quite a range of motion in his hips, but a very flat butt.

That's my review of Shenmue I.

My local CEX has both of the originals on Dreamcast for sale and I can't remember the exact price but I think it would cost you about £85 to get them.  Think I'll just get it on PS4 instead.

• Haha 2

Looks fantastic, glad to see Ryo's flat butt is intact in the remaster. It's been a long time since I played the first one, can't wait to get back to Dobuita and fall in love with Nozomi all over again.

The Australian Microsoft store might have just let it slip that Shenmue I & II is releasing on the 20th of August...

3408929-supoosed+leak+of+shenmue+i+and+i 

• Like 1

Has anyone had an email from “Fangamer” (Fangamer Mailroom) for the backer survey?

12 minutes ago, Kav said:

Has anyone had an email from “Fangamer” (Fangamer Mailroom) for the backer survey?

I assume you mean for Shenmue 3 and not 1&2 HD.

I had the email confirming that they were starting to send them out but have yet to have my backer survey.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Kav said:

I got mine a few days ago. I think they're slowly releasing them.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

I assume you mean for Shenmue 3 and not 1&2 HD.

I had the email confirming that they were starting to send them out but have yet to have my backer survey.

Oh shit, how’d I not notice this was the wrong thread! Haha

Thanks guys.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Julius Caesar said:

The Australian Microsoft store might have just let it slip that Shenmue I & II is releasing on the 20th of August...

3408929-supoosed+leak+of+shenmue+i+and+i 

They were out by a day, Sega just confirmed on their Facebook page that it's the 21st.

Edited by Goafer
  • Thanks 1

Man, that means we will have Shenmue I & II, Yakuza Kiwami 2, Dragon Quest XI and Spider-Man all in the space of a couple of weeks. :eek:

Yeah gonna be a busy time. I might get the first game finished before Kiwami 2 comes out but after that Yakuza and Spider-Man take priority.

Only a few weeks away, I think I know how my late August/early September is going to be spent.

I thought I'd be all over this but I think it would take a Switch version to lure me back to Dobuita!

1 hour ago, Happenstance said:

God I'm really in the mood to play Shenmue again at the moment.

I haven't played Shenmue since it's release back in 2000. I can't wait to see how its aged. It's just a shame it releases the same week as Yakuza Kiwami 2. I'll be picking up and playing that first and then after that is done it will be time for Shenmue. Doing it this way will give me some insight on just how good the remaster/port is.

One of my mates brothers absolutely loves the games and didn't even realise that this was coming out. Needless to say he was ecstatic to find out that they are here very soon and he'll be there day 1.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this