N-Europe

American law students do a Good Thing

Haver

Eh?

The American government has been essentially 'spying' domestically even BEFORE 9/11, which is a brutal infringement of the liberties of American citizens. It is against the law.

These kids had balls. They gave a big Fuck You to the goddamn Attorney General.

Just shut up, please?

Thats very brave! I am infact proud of them :awesome:

Yeah, but if you disagree with someone, doing something childish like this isn't the way to go about getting your opinion heard. Very disrespectful if you ask me. I'm sure he would have been pleased to answer any questions after the speech.

Yeah, but if you disagree with someone, doing something childish like this isn't the way to go about getting your opinion heard. Very disrespectful if you ask me. I'm sure he would have been pleased to answer any questions after the speech.

Childish? Your a moron dude, answering questions at the end of a speech is not the way to argue, if you see something you dont agree with, you dont wait. You act.

Childish? Your a moron dude, answering questions at the end of a speech is not the way to argue, if you see something you dont agree with, you dont wait. You act.

George Bush did not agree with Saddam Hussein, so he acted. So, by your reckoning, the war was justified?

Actually, I'm not surprised you agree with such action when the best you can do in a debate is call someone a 'moron'.

George Bush did not agree with Saddam Hussein, so he acted. So, by your reckoning, the war was justified?

Actually, I'm not surprised you agree with such action when the best you can do in a debate is call someone a 'moron'.

Your comment was moronic because you totally skipped the point of action and its power on people. They made they're opinon known, so what they wanted to do was achieved. No failure, not childish what so ever.

Personally, I agree with George bush. Saddam was indeed a threat and what he was doing to the people of Iraq was not right. The only factors that made this war awful was the US soldiers involved, they thought they were out on a killing spree. Of course most of them didnt, but others did. Thats why people did not agree with George bush, although he only commanded the army to go to war, not to kill every fucking iraqi that was in their eyesight.

The only way the war became unjustified was the amount of lies feeding through to England. The only person i can officialy argue against the war is Mr.Blair, for his reason to join the war was weapons of mass destruction, which none was found.

The war was justified by capturing saddam. Thats a big threat gone, and you and so should every one else agree the war was worth it. But not many people should of been killed.

Im still sticking with my moron comment, so either prove your not or get lost.

I take your point, but the guy was there for a lecture/discussion, so why not listen to what he had to say then have a debate with him? I'm sorry but the whole turning backs, holding banners etc. just seems a bit unnecessary, and a cry for attention more than anything.

I take your point, but the guy was there for a lecture/discussion, so why not listen to what he had to say then have a debate with him? I'm sorry but the whole turning backs, holding banners etc. just seems a bit unnecessary, and a cry for attention more than anything.

Ah i can see what you mean, but i think they had listened to him for a while before it was too much to listen to. And thats the point of this, you get attention. Would you argue against Fathers 4 Justice for attention seeking? Thats what they need, the more attention you get the more your point will get noticed. May seem immature, but its the only way to do these things.

What chu talkin about!

This thread would be nothing if it weren't for these two, let them have their say, as long as it doesn't get too out of hand!

I know, it's strange how the mods are trying to stop people discussing the topic of the thread. I thought that was the whole point of a forum.

Well talk about the thread then instead of throwing insults about..

It was only one insult, which I was responsible for.

And we were talking about the thread, I didnt agree with what he said so we were expressing our views to each other, so therefore that is a discussion about the current thread.

When it comes to the US government, i put nothing past them. Its been argued that they themselves orchestrated 9/11 or at least knowingly allowed it to occur, to justify expanding government and military power (including spying). I wont say its true or untrue but it certainly adds up to where we are today.

If domestic spying was uncovered before 9/11, the president would have been impeached, but now its 'justified'

Those law students werent joking or trying to cause trouble, they were making a very bold statement

Personally, I agree with George bush. Saddam was indeed a threat and what he was doing to the people of Iraq was not right.

To the hundreds of Iraqi civilians, women, and children that were injured or killed during US airstrikes and gunfire, George Bush is more of a threat to them than Saddam was

I wouldn't call the student response here childish. From the way the story is reported the AG was probably spouting a rather familiar load of rhetoric that would get students, especially law students very riled. I think their actions are far more powerful than a disgussion. Arguements can easily get swept aside, whereas action (peaceful please!) is a very solid and unified way of displaying a great unrest about an issue.