NEurope
Ronnie

Nintendo Spotlight: E3 2017

They're not going to talk about Pikmin 4 when they have another Pikmin game to promote.

Ditto Smash when they're focusing on Arms (and Splatoon 2, and later, Pokken)

Also, this was posted on Gaf the other day. Probably garbage but these things are always worth a read, just to see how right they really are once the time comes.

I really hope this isn't true and indicative of Nintendo's full E3 presence. :laughing:

But even if it was true, there's still the possibility of some surprise teasers in the Spotlight that don't get covered during the Treehouse or in the booth.

That amiibo stand...urgh.

I really hope this isn't true and indicative of Nintendo's full E3 presence.

I imagine @nekunando would love the Wave Race/Pilot Wings game to be true.

I sure don't :p

I want Metroid and F-Zero more than anything else. And after that more new IPs.

I sure don't :p

I want Metroid and F-Zero more than anything else. And after that more new IPs.

You had Federation Force just recently. You greedy Metroid fans always want more. :D

I don't really know what I want from Nintendo at the moment. I keep falling back on a new Animal Crossing game but other than that I dunno. Usually I would just say something new and original but as Nintendo's 2 latest new IPs haven't clicked with me that doesn't fill me with confidence either.

You had Federation Force just recently. You greedy Metroid fans always want more. :D

:blank:

giphy.gif

if not then the platoon ones could be there, pls the bazillion Zelda ones.

.....I am so sorry.

DB5rY7KW0AI6Zyf.jpg:large

Hell yeh :bouncy: If it's set on Wu-Hu with changing weather conditions and seasons, I'll be in heaven :love:

Also, I'd be delighted with a new Sin & Punishment so the rumours are in my favour so far :grin:

The Spotlight is Switch only.

Is that confirmed? Makes sense, and much needed.

Imagine a new waverace, but it was based on the jet ski resort game... federation force and amiibo festival all over again.

As for that leak, fascinating, that actually like a lot more new stuff than I think they'll announce, I'd be happy with that!!!

I suspect the rumours are nonsense but if these games are real then it's probably going to make me very happy :grin:

Considering that I'm not expecting much from Nintendo at E3, apart from the games we know about, so this would be about as great a result as I could hope for :smile:

More rumours.

So, GoNintendo claims they have an inside info from Gamestop. Supposedly, Super Mario Odyssey release date is November 17 and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 will be released in February 2018.

Is it too much to hope for a new Nintendo racing game that isn't Mario Kart? F-Zero, 1080, Wave Race, Excitebike, even Diddy Kong Racing. I'd be very happy if a single one of those was announced.

And a proper Pilotwings 64 sequel with the old crew back.

Predictions

• Nothing new from Nintendo at all.
  • Trailers for Arms, Splatoon 2, Super Mario Odyssey, Fire Emblem Warriors and Xenoblade 2.
  • Possible trailers from the Rabbids game and Skyrim as the Ubisoft and Bethesda conferences happen before Nintendo's.

Wildest Prediction

• Super Smash Bros for Nintendo Switch, a port of the Wii U version, being announced for release in December.

What I'd Like To See - But Probably Won't

• Continued support for Mario Kart 8 deluxe in the form of another 4 cups.

What I'd Like To See - But Definitely Won't

• A new main-series Metroid game. Hell I'm still waiting for Metroid Dread, the game which probably never even existed.

Edited by V. Amoleo

There were hot rumours about Diddy Kong Racing Wii U a few years back (which obviously never happened) but I do wonder if such a thing could happen on Switch. The appearance of a bunch of Mario characters but no Diddy in Mario Kart 8 seemed to go along with the theory, as well as his growing presence in games (Mario Party, Mario Sonic Olympics, two amiibo).

Grant Kirkhope has also been teasing for months about something he can't wait to show off at E3, though granted it was originally David Wise who did most of the DKR soundtrack.

This is just me being hopeful, but also thought I'd just throw in my two cents of probably the only thing that could restore my faith in Nintendo as Splatoon/ARMS don't interest me and everything else right now seems to be a Wii U rehash.

DB-VwfAXgAAFqJB?format=jpg&name=large

Is that AC amiibo book the same as the one that is already out? If they are giving those out, I wonder if AC will be featuring in some way at E3.

More rumours.

These sound realistic.

Is that AC amiibo book the same as the one that is already out? If they are giving those out, I wonder if AC will be featuring in some way at E3.

It looks like a Happy Homes Designer album. Could be a sequel or the mobile game. I think a lot of people would be upset if it's a new Happy Homes Designer game. :p

I know people seem to hate ports, but I really want a #FE port.

Edited by Ike

More rumours.

Woah, the same day as a Pokémon game?

Nintendo's pushing hard on all fronts, it seems, this Christmas.

It looks like a Happy Homes Designer album. Could be a sequel or the mobile game. I think a lot of people would be upset if it's a new Happy Homes Designer game. :p

I know people seem to hate ports, but I really was a #FE port.

I would also like a #FE port. I didn't get far in the Wii U version. I would have preferred to play the game in off TV mode, which wasn't available on this game. Having it on the Switch would solve this problem.

All I really hope is to get a whiff of what Retro has been up to.

If they are responsible for either the new Sin&Punishment or the WaveRace/Pilotwings which were in the rumour then I don't know what to think of that.

Do I really want them handling an on-rails shooter or a series with casual appeal....Better be some god damn amazing explorable Wuhu Island with interlinked online functionalities.

I am not sure how much talent dripped out of Retro after Tropical Freeze, but I would love to see them either house a new IP or re-imagine some other classic franchise from Nintendo that isn't Metroid. Maybe give Wario a new funky game or get something crazy out of Duck-Hunt or the Game&Watch series, hahaha.

Maybe they could do something awesome with F-Zero too.

DB-VwfAXgAAFqJB?format=jpg&name=large

I'm finding the scheduled 15 minutes of Mario play highly intriguing and reflective of a more understanding Nintendo.

15 minutes is pretty short for a game, but for one that will be much more easier to just pick up and play (when compared to a first time BOTW demo, for example) it makes total sense. Makes even more sense considering just how long the lines were last year for the BOTW stations, so this is smart on Nintendo's part: give as many people as possible the chance to play Super Mario Odyssey, not just because it's fair to fans at the event - and makes even more sense considering 15000 attendees this year will be fans and not media - but also because it shows an awareness of the social norms, and perhaps even-more-so the power of word-of-mouth advertising.

Many Switch and BOTW owners have had such word-of-mouth experiences by now, and it can only help build anticipation and excitement for the console and the new game at this point.

Smart move, Nintendo. Smart move.

Please have some just-as-smart-if-not-smarter moves to show off during your Spotlight on Wednesday, though.

Just give me Smash Bros this year. That's all I want. ITS ALL I NEEEEEEED

Looking at how well the Switch is doing so far and the rest of this year's lineup, I would be surprised if it came out this year.

Then again, I may be trying to lower my expectations. Because I need it too.

I so agree with this.

It makes a lot of sense to get the big multiplayer games out early - they're good for the entire console's lifespan and provide great ways of having games around for people to fill in the gaps in the release schedule.

I can't see Smash Bros being released this year for a few reasons.

1. Nintendo will already have a bunch of multiplayer titles out for this year and two of them are fighters.

2. Nintendo will want a big online title to launch their paid online service in 2018.

3. The Switch is very hard to buy at the moment and possibly will be for a good part of the year. Smash is a system seller so it would probably be best to hold it until ample units are available.

I'd be happy to be proven wrong about this but I just can't see it.