NEurope
Londragon

Switch eShop Thread

7 minutes ago, Josh64 said:

Hopefully I shall be more in the ball this week! 

rqah1darx8031.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

newreleasesandeshopdiscountsbannerweek45.620x0.webp

Nintendo eShop new releases (week 45)

The fourty-fifth week of releases. A selection of new titles are now available on the Nintendo Switch eShop.

Check the article for the full roundup.

- - - - -

Thanks to @Josh64 for the recently posted articles, which include...

See you next week, with the news that you seek. :peace:

• Like 1

Yeah, I did. It was a good, old-school RPG, albeit a bit linear with a bit of hand-holding at times. The time mechanic was fun enough but wasn't necessary for completing the majority of the battles and wasn't that well utilised when you boiled it down. Still a fun game with some great characters and visuals. I remember it had a lot of loading screens, which I hope they have fixed by now. 

It took me about 20 hours to complete. 

• Like 1

newreleasesandeshopdiscountsbannerweek46.620x0.webp

Nintendo eShop new releases (week 46)

The fourty-sixth week of releases. A selection of new titles are now available on the Nintendo Switch eShop.

- - - - -

Castlevania Anniversary Collection for just £1.59? At that price, it'll do just fine. It's only that price until the third of December, so download it now, while you remember. ;)

(and if you already have the collection, then that's just perfection, and I'm gonna insist, that you a raise a bro-fist) :peace:

• Like 1

Last week was a haze, so I posted in somewhat of a daze, but luckily for me there were releases abound, and the news trickled in so I could still sleep sound. 

As for Castlevania, I'm not really well versed in the series so I may pick it up at that price! I have a bad habit of doing that with games I'm not too sure about though, and then never playing them! We shall see lol. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Josh64 said:

As for Castlevania, I'm not really well versed in the series so I may pick it up at that price! I have a bad habit of doing that with games I'm not too sure about though, and then never playing them! We shall see lol. 

The eShop is wild for this—even for games you are sure about. I've recently been playing a pair of games I nabbed twelve months ago*, and slowly sifting through the current sale, I've spotted a good half dozen I wouldn't mind getting. Need to decide if it's buy to play or buy for a rainy day. Which with the Castlevania Anniversary Collection might be something you want to factor in because you never know, it could be 99p in January! Contra Anniversary Collection is down to the same price too...

*not even my oldest unplayed eShop purchases.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

The eShop is wild for this—even for games you are sure about. I've recently been playing a pair of games I nabbed twelve months ago*, and slowly sifting through the current sale, I've spotted a good half dozen I wouldn't mind getting. Need to decide if it's buy to play or buy for a rainy day. Which with the Castlevania Anniversary Collection might be something you want to factor in because you never know, it could be 99p in January! Contra Anniversary Collection is down to the same price too...

*not even my oldest unplayed eShop purchases.

Did you enjoy Toejam and Earl?

27 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Did you enjoy Toejam and Earl?

Haha, enjoy would be an understatement; it's great! Groovy of you to have nudged me into taking advantage of the sale price. I've got plenty of laughs out of it—like desperately opening an unidentified present, getting rocket skates and going careering down a couple of levels before I could get away from the edge. Classic. It's cool there are some unlockables so it doesn't have to be a one-and-done sort of game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

Haha, enjoy would be an understatement; it's great! Groovy of you to have nudged me into taking advantage of the sale price. I've got plenty of laughs out of it—like desperately opening an unidentified present, getting rocket skates and going careering down a couple of levels before I could get away from the edge. Classic. It's cool there are some unlockables so it doesn't have to be a one-and-done sort of game.

Good to hear. I also loved it. Thought it was a great update to a classic title.

Always shocks me just how far ahead of its time the original TJ&E was.  It’s basically a modern day roguelike that came out in 1991! And it has 2 player splitscreen co-op even! Something rarely seen even in modern titles!

Still good fun even till this day :D

• Like 1

As I mentioned it in my Gaming Diary update I feel like I should do the game a favour and mention it again here, as Storyteller is currently on sale on the eShop for £8.69 (down from £12.49). 

newreleasesandeshopdiscountsbannerweek47.620x0.webp

Nintendo eShop new releases (week 47)

The fourty-seventh week of releases. A selection of new titles are now available on the Nintendo Switch eShop.

- - - - -

Super Mario RPG is looking great, I might get to play it next year at this rate, the N64 news is welcome and Rare, more of their games should surely be shared. :peace:

• Like 1

• Like 1

On 04/12/2023 at 4:02 AM, S.C.G said:

Tons of new news this week, that PDP Pikmin controller is looking sleek. ;)

Not sure what's going on with that article but we are now at 4,300 hits :eek:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, darksnowman said:

The Suika Game is the current game trial. Trying it was a mistake—I'm going to be dreaming about it.

I gave it a whirl to earn some platinum coins and ended up really enjoying it. It's such a simple concept but very entertaining. 

2 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I gave it a whirl to earn some platinum coins and ended up really enjoying it. It's such a simple concept but very entertaining. 

Totally. Easy to understand, difficult to master. I'll count it as a win if I can make one suika before the trial period is up.

Got a watermelon (score of 2,700+) and did a few more rounds anyway. I suspect a few more will be had before the close of play on the 11th.

13 hours ago, S.C.G said:

New games from SEGA, with a hint of Lou Bega: 

A little bit of Hatcher in my life

A little bit of Gum Gum by my side 

A little Burnin' Rangers all I need

A little bit of MeeMee's all I see

A little bit of AIAI in the sun

A little Reala, all NiGHT long 

A little bit of Irving, here I am

A little Shenmue makes me your man 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, Josh64 said:

A little bit of Irving, here I am

Tales of Symphonia Skit Faces - Tales Wiki - Neoseeker

1 2 3 4 5
Temples to unseal so come on let's ride
Noishe and scrap across Sylvarant
The teach says check the ruins
But I really would rather
Demon Fang Desians and
Read some skits cos the skits are deep
We got Colette, Genis, Kratos and Raine
And as we continue, you know we getting Sheena

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

In my mind I was thinking of Vyse but I always get him confused with Lloyd Irving :laughing: I just realised Lloyd has nothing to do with SEGA but let's let that one slide. 

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Josh64 said:

In my mind I was thinking of Vyse but I always get him confused with Lloyd Irving :laughing: I just realised Lloyd has nothing to do with SEGA but let's let that one slide. 

Haha, no way. Thought there must be an Irving buddy in Sonic or something!

4x1_eShop_FestiveOffers2023_GBen.jpg

If you find yourself at a loose end over the festive period, there's 3,000+ games on sale on the eShop to weed through.