Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Trilogy (PS4)

drahkon

I can't remember anything about Croc other than the fact I was obsessed with him at the time. I haven't played it again since I was really young, so I fear that it might be rubbish now :p

As for this, I'll be picking it up. I remember really enjoying one of the PS1 games, either 2 or 3, but struggling with the first. Hopefully it will be a lot easier with the PS4 pads and analogue though.

Trivial I know but the name for the trilogy is pissing me off. Dr. N.Gin was a cyborg character from the originals who had a missile lodged in his nut, and even though his name was a weak pun on 'engine', there was a basis for it. Compare to N.Sane, for which there is no character to base the pun on, and which doesn't even work phonetically. Who pronounces insane with an 'e'?

Basically, the name can fuck off.

• 2 weeks later...

I uhhhh...well, I don't think Crash is a particularly good game. Even back when it was new. Honestly it makes me think of the "Runner" games that were big on phones for a while. Short linear levels with platforming that feels a bit odd/off. Just not as tight as I expected. 

Its perfectly playable all the same and a decent game. I guess I just expected something a little more substantial as a 3D playformer post Mario 64. Maybe it just hasn't quit clicked. 

This is the biggest exclusive platform launch of 2017 so far.

Bigger than Horizon!

It's sold more in the UK in its first week than any 3D Mario has done.

For an incredibly mediocre game that's really good going!

(it's always been average at best, :p)

Edited by Kav
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...