NEurope
drahkon

Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Trilogy (PS4)

They've nailed the look of the game. Can't wait. :yay:

I was worried that they'd fuck it up but hot damn it is perfect. I want this now. Crash Bandicoot 3 was my first PlayStation game and I hold it very dear to my heart.

30574389514_ca5631a4e3_o.png

Time trials in all three games. YES!

More information on the PlayStation Blog.

So excited.

Edit: Can't find a gameplay video without commentary so I'll post this. Just ignore that guy talking...

It looks absolutely amazing.

Edited by drahkon
Automerged Doublepost

Hopefully the graphics are WIP. It looks extremely washed-out and bland, needs a lot more colour and contrast. And what's with the boulder? It looks like a large ball and not a huge rock.

Here's the footage without commentary.

Looks and sounds absolutely beautiful. :yay: Hope the release isn't too far off.

Hopefully the graphics are WIP. It looks extremely washed-out and bland, needs a lot more colour and contrast. And what's with the boulder? It looks like a large ball and not a huge rock.

Haven't watched the footage but from that screenshot the graphics look pretty great to me. I'm glad the colours aren't oversaturated.

Edited by Sheikah

I really like the visual style of the remake, they've brought it up to date well.

However, the game/gameplay itself just looks so horrendously outdated. I couldn't see myself having any fun playing it.

About bloody time! Have they changed the physics?

Doesn't look like they have, thankfully.

There's an interview with the developer of the remaster above (at 1:27:50) which is interesting if you happen to be a Crash nerd.

Looks really cool! What was the name of that mask character? When he came onto the screen he made this funny jungle tribe sound. I need to soundbite for reasons.

Looks really cool! What was the name of that mask character? When he came onto the screen he made this funny jungle tribe sound. I need to soundbite for reasons.

Aku Aku.

Search for "freak sounds" app which has/had the sound effect. As well as other quality noises.

:bouncy:

I'm guessing we'll see some Warped footage at E3.

I'm guessing we'll see some Warped footage at E3.

I feel like you'd be better off waiting for the release. You know what you're getting, so at least leave room for some surprise.

I feel like you'd be better off waiting for the release. You know what you're getting, so at least leave room for some surprise.

Nah, I'll definitely watch a trailer.

Would have been tempted by this if it included CTR, since that game still hasn't been outdone in its genre, but I can get these games for about £3 each off PSN if I want my nostalgia boner stoked. The mainline Crash games are old hat.

They've added time trials to the first two games though, and that was one of the best features of Warped.

I like to whip out CTR now and then too. And Crash Bash for that matter, fucking great games.

And Crash Bash for that matter

YES.

A mate and I played through the co-op two times now (200%, of course). And we've made it more difficult for us each time.

First playthrough: Choose a character you like and the strongest enemy characters (i.e. Koala Kong and Rilla Roo) and play the game on a PS1 or PS2. The game runs at its "normal" speed.

Second playthrough: Choose the most useless characters, i.e. Crash and Cortex, and the strongest enemy characters. Why are Crash and Cortex useless? Because they suck at Tank Wars and and Polar Push. This was our self-proclaimed "hard mode" because Koala Kong and Rilla Roo are so fucking tough to beat in the two game modes...on a PS1 or PS2.

This year - time for the final playthrough: Same as second playthrough but on an original PS3. "Ultra hard mode". Why? Because the game runs faster from time to time. N. Ballism on PS3...holy hell.

Edited by drahkon

Masochist. I think a friend and I gave up on the 200% run with two sets of characters. Final warp room was too much.

Weird, I never had a PS1 so only knew about the stuff on the N64. Didnt know this was so liked.

Oh hell yes. I cannot wait to expose my girlfriend to the funny, wacky world that is Crash Bandicoot. I hope the boss fights all stay the same and they don't dumb them down for new players even more then they already are.