NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
flameboy

I now own a Wii U

In what may seem the stupidest late time to pay a new Wii U. I did...Basically I had a bunch of points for a drug store (like Boots etc..) that sells games consoles a lot of their stores seem to be scaling back that kind of thing so by time NX comes around they may not sell consoles. So thought I'd plump on a Wii U. So far I own;

Mario Maker

Mario Kart (once I'm more familar with the game I may join the league)

Mario 3D World

Wind Waker

All the Humble Bundle games previously sold

Was wondering to save me a major job is people would kindly add me as a friend! flameboy84 is my name! Also any suggestions for games I may have completely not even put on my radar would be greatly appreciated.

Nice, out of nowhere Wii U ownership, I like it. :D

Also, in a rare turn of events my Wii U is still on following taking part in the MK League so I have added you good sir! : peace:

Don't forget to buy FAST Racing NEO plus the newly released DLC, it's only £15 or so all in (probably $28) and it's worth every penny/cent! ;)

You've made a great choice, there's loads of brilliant games to choose from and a lot are cheaper these days.

Nice, out of nowhere Wii U ownership, I like it. :D

Also, in a rare turn of events my Wii U is still on following taking part in the MK League so I have added you good sir! : peace:

Don't forget to buy FAST Racing NEO plus the newly released DLC, it's only £15 or so all in (probably $28) and it's worth every penny/cent! ;)

I know I keep forgetting to add that one to my wish list (a feature I love cos the Xbox One doesn't have it!)

If you're into 100+ hour RPG's then Xenoblade Chronicles X would be a good one to pick up

Also if you can find Bayonetta 2 around you should for sure pick it up sometime. You can also sometimes find it packaged with a copy of Bayonetta 1

I would get Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze. Great platformer with some great level ideas and to top it all off they even brought back David Wise to compose the music and he delivers a fantastic original OST.

Also Splatoon is a great game. It still has plenty of people playing it online although I think that may start to die down as the NX comes out, but it's the best new IP Nintendo has come up with for ages.

As someone said, Xenoblade X is probably the most in-depth game on the Wii U and easily the longest (I still haven't finished it yet), probably the closest you are going to get to Zelda until Breath of the Wild comes out. However, I think the original is a better game and if you've never played the original Xenoblade I highly recommend you download it off the eShop.

Also any suggestions for games I may have completely not even put on my radar would be greatly appreciated.

Captain Toad

Hyrule Warriors

Kirby and the Rainbow Paintbrush

The Wonderful 101

Pikmin 3

New Super Mario Bros U

New Super Luigi Bros U

Sonic Lost World

Yoshi's Woolly World

NES Remix 1+2

NintendoLand

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

Splatoon

Five posts recommending games and still no mention of the best game of all time? Let's fix that:

i558502-x1200-y1200-q100-a1-r1-h65751228469749787

Five posts recommending games and still no mention of the best game of all time? Let's fix that:

Probably because its a very niche game.

Probably because its a very niche game.

Well, that's true, it's probably the most niche game in the entire Wii U library.

Which makes it all the more important to recommend, of course.

Hero''s list is pretty good!! I'd put Pikmin 3 to the front of the list though. Incredible incredible game!!!!

There are LOADS of eshop games - but don't want to overwhelm you, there's a lot here already!

OH, and splatoon, that and Pikmin 3, I wouldn't wait, get them in!!

Agreed with @FireMeowth, you can't recommend Xenoblade X and then not mention Tokyo Mirage Sessions. TMS dances all over Xenoblade as far as WiiU RPG's go.

If you have a new 3DS and you're thinking of getting Hyrule Warriors on WiiU, I would advise against that. Hyrule Warriors Legends is way better value for money!

Game & Wario isn't a bad wee game, especially if you get some friends together to enjoy some multiplayer 'Artwork' :grin:

Game & Wario isn't a bad wee game, especially if you get some friends together to enjoy some multiplayer 'Artwork' :grin:

That game has some of the best title cards I've ever seen!

Gamer.jpg

KungFu.jpg

640px-TaxiGameWariotitlescreen.png

Bowling.jpg

Ashley.jpg

And my personal favourite...

SketchGameWariotitlescreen.png

Because no-one really thought ripped Orbulon could be a thing until now!

That game has some of the best title cards I've ever seen!

Gamer.jpg

KungFu.jpg

640px-TaxiGameWariotitlescreen.png

Bowling.jpg

Ashley.jpg

And my personal favourite...

SketchGameWariotitlescreen.png

Because no-one really thought ripped Orbulon could be a thing until now!

Okay, I was gonna pass on adding Game & Wario to my collection but those title cards are freaking superb.

The game is now back on my to-buy list.

If you're into 100+ hour RPG's then Xenoblade Chronicles X would be a good one to pick up

Also if you can find Bayonetta 2 around you should for sure pick it up sometime. You can also sometimes find it packaged with a copy of Bayonetta 1

Yeah been on the hunt for this one. So far not been able to track down the bundled version

I cannot find cheap anywhere still $75 everywhere that stocks it.

Thanks for all the tips so far guys, keep them coming. Will definitely be getting Xenoblade at some point!

Because virtually nobody else here will mention it, and that's just bloody tragic...

11095320-9974343849524416.jpg

May or not be actual in-game screenshot, it's hard to tell

If you like FUN!

rainbowcurse1.jpg

Ok, this is definitely an in-game screenshot... I think

and HAPPY!

hqdefault.jpg

Nah, this one aint in-game, I'm an expert on the subject. His arms are sticking out here, ya see.

and loved Kirby Power Paintbrush on the DS, then you're right at home! This is a fantastic sequel to the DS classic and is vintage scribbly platformer fun.

If you've never played Power Paintbrush before (and if not, shame on you! Though the game is available on the Wii U Virtual Console right now, so you should go ahead and reacquaint yourself with it now that you have a Wii U ;) ), the basic premise is that it's a traditional styled Kirby platformer where you can't jump! In fact, you have no direct control over Kirby at all! :o

Instead, Kirby moves sort of independently from you, while you guide him by drawing guiding lines on the Gamepad with your stylus!

1132126884061453414.gif

I'm pulling some tutorialception here, don't mind me.

You tap him to dash him forward and draw around him to guide him throughout the stages. Sounds simple and it is! But along the way you'll find all manners of crazy ideas and gimmicks that keep things interesting...

tumblr_njiujdVgq71s8ouhxo1_500.gif

Oh, did I mention that this game features 5 player multiplayer? Well, now I have!

tank.gif

Oh yeah, you get to be a tank as well, just your every day Kirby outing

... and of course while Kirby games are generally approachable and easy, that's not to say that this one won't challenge you to do better...

tumblr_ni6ca2GIXs1s8ouhxo1_500.gif

No, no, no, no, NOOO FUUUCCCCCC... Good thing I wasn't playing in 5 player... It would be 5 times harder!

It's tons of fun to plough through at high speed! It's a fairly short game, but very fun and replayable! The music is also superb as you'd expect from Kirby. Here's a couple of non-spoilery snippets for your earlobes to enjoy!

And, well... yeah! It's a fantastic game that goes sadly ignored by most people and it's definitely in my top 5 Wii U games for sure!

Really, you can't go wrong with most of Nintendo's output for it really (save for Mario Tennis Ultra Smash and Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival), but I'd just like to highlight this tragically forgotten gem! : peace:

Edited by Dcubed

Hey! I mentioned it! :mad: I love that game.

I did say "virtually nobody else"..., you're cool though :hug:

Let's be honest though. Virtually nobody mentions it online. It's easily the most underrated Wii U game. There's something to be said for games like Star Fox Zero or Mario Party 10, where they are seen as controversial, or games like Project Zero: Maiden of Black Water and Tokyo Mirage Illusions, where they serve specific niches, but Rainbow Curse is just... forgotten... and that's just sad.

Edited by Dcubed

I did say "virtually nobody else"..., you're cool though :hug:

Let's be honest though. Virtually nobody mentions it online. It's easily the most underrated Wii U game. There's something to be said for games like Star Fox Zero or Mario Party 10, where they are seen as controversial, or games like Project Zero: Maiden of Black Water and Tokyo Mirage Illusions, where they serve specific niches, but Rainbow Curse is just... forgotten... and that's just sad.

I've now bought this based on your glowing recommendation and will hopefully get to around to playing it this side of Christmas!

On a side note, shopping in Euro at the moment is insanely cheap, €25 for a new copy to be delivered from 365Games.

Yeah, Tokyo Mirage Sessions is a must if you're into RPG's. I haven't been able to stick with an RPG for years but I'm 65 hours in now and still enjoying the hell out of it, it's definitely my favourite game of the year and possibly my favourite Wii U game ever (but that's partly because it's just really up my alley as far as themes and characters go)

As far as Kirby is concerned, I loved the game and the graphics are freakin' amazing but I was just so annoyed that I had to view it through the gamepad the whole time :( It looks so nice in HD! I wish they'd have released a premium Wii U gamepad that displays in HD.

Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze is an absolute must. In a generation where I grew woefully tired of 2D platform games this was a breath of fresh air and reminded me why the genre is so great in the first place. Some absolutely amazing levels and as has already been stated, a wonderful musical score by David Wise. Not to mention that it's the first DK game in a very long time that actually feels like DK canon and not a 'new take' on the series like Jungle Beat or Returns.

Because virtually nobody else here will mention it, and that's just bloody tragic...

11095320-9974343849524416.jpg

May or not be actual in-game screenshot, it's hard to tell

If you like FUN!

rainbowcurse1.jpg

Ok, this is definitely an in-game screenshot... I think

and HAPPY!

hqdefault.jpg

Nah, this one aint in-game, I'm an expert on the subject. His arms are sticking out here, ya see.

and loved Kirby Power Paintbrush on the DS, then you're right at home! This is a fantastic sequel to the DS classic and is vintage scribbly platformer fun.

If you've never played Power Paintbrush before (and if not, shame on you! Though the game is available on the Wii U Virtual Console right now, so you should go ahead and reacquaint yourself with it now that you have a Wii U ;) ), the basic premise is that it's a traditional styled Kirby platformer where you can't jump! In fact, you have no direct control over Kirby at all! :o

Instead, Kirby moves sort of independently from you, while you guide him by drawing guiding lines on the Gamepad with your stylus!

1132126884061453414.gif

I'm pulling some tutorialception here, don't mind me.

You tap him to dash him forward and draw around him to guide him throughout the stages. Sounds simple and it is! But along the way you'll find all manners of crazy ideas and gimmicks that keep things interesting...

tumblr_njiujdVgq71s8ouhxo1_500.gif

Oh, did I mention that this game features 5 player multiplayer? Well, now I have!

tank.gif

Oh yeah, you get to be a tank as well, just your every day Kirby outing

... and of course while Kirby games are generally approachable and easy, that's not to say that this one won't challenge you to do better...

tumblr_ni6ca2GIXs1s8ouhxo1_500.gif

No, no, no, no, NOOO FUUUCCCCCC... Good thing I wasn't playing in 5 player... It would be 5 times harder!

It's tons of fun to plough through at high speed! It's a fairly short game, but very fun and replayable! The music is also superb as you'd expect from Kirby. Here's a couple of non-spoilery snippets for your earlobes to enjoy!

And, well... yeah! It's a fantastic game that goes sadly ignored by most people and it's definitely in my top 5 Wii U games for sure!

Really, you can't go wrong with most of Nintendo's output for it really (save for Mario Tennis Ultra Smash and Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival), but I'd just like to highlight this tragically forgotten gem! : peace:

Yeah, Tokyo Mirage Sessions is a must if you're into RPG's. I haven't been able to stick with an RPG for years but I'm 65 hours in now and still enjoying the hell out of it, it's definitely my favourite game of the year and possibly my favourite Wii U game ever (but that's partly because it's just really up my alley as far as themes and characters go)

As far as Kirby is concerned, I loved the game and the graphics are freakin' amazing but I was just so annoyed that I had to view it through the gamepad the whole time :( It looks so nice in HD! I wish they'd have released a premium Wii U gamepad that displays in HD.

Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze is an absolute must. In a generation where I grew woefully tired of 2D platform games this was a breath of fresh air and reminded me why the genre is so great in the first place. Some absolutely amazing levels and as has already been stated, a wonderful musical score by David Wise. Not to mention that it's the first DK game in a very long time that actually feels like DK canon and not a 'new take' on the series like Jungle Beat or Returns.

See having to view Kirby through the gamepad is one of the reasons it's not on my list at all.... Seems so counter intuitive.

Josh your comments about Donkey Kong interest me, what makes it feel different to Donkey Kong Country Returns? I did not get on with that game at all however I did play it on 3DS and not Wii.

My collection is growing people, currently stands at;

Mario Maker

Mario Kart (once I'm more familar with the game I may join the league)

Mario 3D World

Wind Waker

All the Humble Bundle games previously sold

NES Remix Pack 1

F-Zero Maximum Velocity (GBA)

Xenoblade Chronicles X

Sign in to follow this