Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2016/17

Phube

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Incredible finish from Kane. Why did this game only get interesting late on?!

2-2 is a fair result for both teams.

Probably because we had to actually try and salvage something.

I feel we had the wrong mentality going into this game. We seemed to be happy to sit back and pass around, instead of playing with passion and having a right go. No offence to Scotland, but had we played like this against a more aggressive team then we would have been stuffed.

Probably because we had to actually try and salvage something.

I feel we had the wrong mentality going into this game. We seemed to be happy to sit back and pass around, instead of playing with passion and having a right go. No offence to Scotland, but had we played like this against a more aggressive team then we would have been stuffed.

Yeah, have to agree with all of that. A team like Germany or Spain would have tanked us in this game.

We need to dictate games a lot more. Sometimes it's better to unlock a defence with 3 or 4 incisive passes than it is to have 5 minutes of the ball with 40 passes and go nowhere. I much prefer quicker, attacking football. Even if it leaves you a bit more vulnerable sometimes defensively, you'll create more.

So who's watching the Confederations Cup? Russia opened the tournament yesterday with a comfortable 2-0 win over New Zealand.

Portugal v Mexico on right now and the tournament is using the VAR (Video Assistant Referee) which has already seen some use ruling out a Pepe goal for offside in the build up.

So who's watching the Confederations Cup? Russia opened the torunament yesterday with a comfortable 2-0 win over New Zealand.

Portugal v Mexico on right now and the tournament is using the VAR (Video Assistant Referee) which has already seen some use ruling out a Pepe goal for offside in the build up.

Didn't realise it was on. Will have it on in the background whilst I do some work at home.

Edit: Ronaldo just set up the opener. 1-0 Portugal. :D

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!