NEurope
Phube

Football Season 2016/17

Haha, talking to the wrong man. I DID disagree with AVBs sacking and thought he was given a bad deal. Our best players were sold in both transfer windows he was with us.

So, your point doesn't quite land.

And I don't agree with Claudio's sacking! But it doesn't mean you can't see the reasons, like us I bet a good portion of Spurs' fans agreed.

One thing though in a nice way, he won't be the Manager who won the League and got us relegated! His CV is clean!

And I don't agree with Claudio's sacking! But it doesn't mean you can't see the reasons, like us I bet a good portion of Spurs' fans agreed.

One thing though in a nice way, he won't be the Manager who won the League and got us relegated! His CV is clean!

I can see the reasons. And under an other circumstance I'd agree completely. I just can't shift the achievement of last season from my decision making process. He some how elevated the club to its greatest ever achievement, think he deserved a bit more loyalty and respect from the owners. Who probably now think you're one of the big boys.

This does raise an interesting point about managers getting the flack. Just like Ranieri didn't single-handedly win them the title, he also didn't get them into their current predicament by himself either. Why are the players allowed to carry on picking up their wages and keep their livelihoods when they are the ones who step over that white line and underperform?

Players aren't machines that are programmed by managers to do their bidding. They think for themselves and they should take the blame, too. I remember when Chelsea sacked Mourinho (apparently engineered through player power by people like Costa and Fabregas) and won their next game 3-1. Players are quick to turn it on and off when they feel like it.

This does raise an interesting point about managers getting the flack. Just like Ranieri didn't single-handedly win them the title, he also didn't get them into their current predicament by himself either. Why are the players allowed to carry on picking up their wages and keep their livelihoods when they are the ones who step over that white line and underperform?

Players aren't machines that are programmed by managers to do their bidding. They think for themselves and they should take the blame, too. I remember when Chelsea sacked Mourinho (apparently engineered through player power by people like Costa and Fabregas) and won their next game 3-1. Players are quick to turn it on and off when they feel like it.

This has always been a pet peeve of mine. Sure, the manager should take a lot of the blame if tactics aren't right or subs aren't used correctly but when prima donna players decide they aren't happy and refuse to play well, then they should be punished accordingly.

2-0 up against Southampton and now it's 2-2. The more I watch Pogba, the more I'm convinced that he actually does very little. He picks up the ball, moves it a couple of metres to the side and then just passes it to somebody close by. His work off the ball (in a defensive capacity) is absolutely dreadful, too. He and Martial have been awful today.

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

Southampton have certainly looked the better and more passionate of the two teams. A few of the Man U players just seem to be walking around as if to just make up the numbers.

It's been a great game for the neutral, so far.

Zlatan is just unreal. Can't believe the final score and it's awesome that the first trophy in the Mourinho era has arrived. However, the better team definitely lost today and Southampton were really unlucky not to win it. They had great chances and the ball just didn't find its way into the net. As the match grew on, I thought that they waned and allowed United to have that one crucial chance that we needed to win it.

So many players didn't turn up today. As I said earlier, I thought Martial and Pogba were poor. Saints were all over us and pressured the team into making stupid mistakes.

Zlatan is just unreal. Can't believe the final score and it's awesome that the first trophy in the Mourinho era has arrived.

Don't let Jose hear you say that! He has and does count the Community Shirld as a 'real' trophy, incidentally Zlatan won you that as well!

Southampton deserved extra time at least, these big decisions that keep getting wrongly called, Gabbiadini should have had the first ever League cup final hat trick had it not been for the linesman, he can't even see Gabbiadini, how on earth can that be offside?

Zlatan proving his doubters wrong, without him Southampton would have had their second ever trophy.

I didn't see the match but I heard about the offside goal. I bet Mourinho wasn't moaning about the ref like he does every single game his team doesn't win.

Well that's a turn up for the books!!

And shows that the players were out to get Ranieri sacked. Where have performances like that been this season? Its totally unacceptable, how can you look at this team and be proud of them?

I didn't see the match but I heard about the offside goal. I bet Mourinho wasn't moaning about the ref like he does every single game his team doesn't win.

As if you didn't worship him when he was your manager! ;)

Nice of Leicester to turn up tonight. Just goes to show that the criticism for the modern day footballer is fully justified. It's also pathetic how the players have gone running to the press with stories about how they weren't to blame for Ranieri's sacking and that there was no coup.

And shows that the players were out to get Ranieri sacked. Where have performances like that been this season? Its totally unacceptable, how can you look at this team and be proud of them?

Sadly this is a non-Leicester fan's reaction to today (a lot of it about), fans who haven't watched us this year.

The real difference is how the team was set up to play. If you listen carefully to Vardy and Drinkwater's post match comments, whilst they are being respectful to Ranieri, they briefly mentioned they were told to "play higher" and "more Pressing".

Ranieri actively told them to sit deep, defend, be solid (to hit on the counter-attack). this left Vardy exposed and alone, leaving us hoofing up to him pointlessly. We were crap at it, not comfortable on the ball enough.

This (tonight's game) is the result of playing as we did last year, every one chasing and harrying the opposition, forcing mistakes, finding the quick, decisive passes to Vardy, not long floaty hoofs.

You could tell this as we were winning so many second balls, 50/50's because we were pressing higher. Also we dropped off dramatically around 70mins (when Liverpool scored) because we were knackered having not been used to pressing like this for months.

This is the reason Ranieri was sacked, not the results per say (i.e. Pearson 2015), but the lack of any type of performance since Stoke in December.

I feel like I've lost interest this season and haven't really watched any football for a couple of weeks.

The Liverpool score was greeted with an acceptance of its inevitability.. and a little swearing :blank:

Nice of Leicester to turn up tonight. Just goes to show that the criticism for the modern day footballer is fully justified. It's also pathetic how the players have gone running to the press with stories about how they weren't to blame for Ranieri's sacking and that there was no coup.

My mate text me the exact same thing during the game last night. They honestly looked like a completely different team, all players looking hungry for the victory.

I expected us to get beat. I even said to my mate at work it would happen. A lot of the time when a manger gets sacked, especially if it's something to do with the players, the next game they perform well to make a statement. Saying that, we were absolute garbage and have been for the best part of this year. I actually knocked it off at half time and just went to bed. :D

...Peter Moore has left EA to become Liverpool's chief executive.

I thought you were joking but have just read the news. Baffling.

Right i'm now starting to become excited about the possibility of being promoted after 6 long undeserved seasons in League 1.

We are currently sitting top of the table and 7 points clear. The whole team have been brilliant this year, in particular Billy Sharp. I'm

Right i'm now starting to become excited about the possibility of being promoted after 6 long undeserved seasons in League 1.

We are currently sitting top of the table and 7 points clear. The whole team have been brilliant this year, in particular Billy Sharp. I'm

Not just the Blades having a good season, what about Wednesday? :awesome: I kid of course! It looks as if we're going to make the playoffs this season after nearly 15 years of utter chaos at our club. Yes, I'm talking about Leeds and our win over the Owls last week was a big part of that. Garry Monk has been a breath of fresh air at Leeds, even if our chairman is still an absolute nut case. Managed to get to a couple of games this year and this is easily the best side we've had since we went down in 2004.

I hope the Blades get promoted, and if we don't manage it this season then I'd be happy to see either Huddersfield or Wednesday go up to the Premier League. It's been too long since Yorkshire had decent representation at the top level and Hull don't count, because Hull.

Just sat and watched the Brighton vs Newcastle match. Good game of football. Brighton had a very soft pen given and they looked the better team. With 10 mins to go Diame scored a hilarious goal ( he knew nothing about it at all ) and then the Toon nabbed the winner with a couple of mins left to play.

Toon toon!

Great result, over the moon with that. Glad how it came about as well, nice to come from behind and win for once.

Now onto Huddersfield and Reading away. Win those (or win and draw at least) and I'll be feeling pretty confident about promotion.

I hope Brighton do manage to come up with us though, I like Chris Hughton.

Edited by ipaul

Toon toon!

Great result, over the moon with that. Glad how it came about as well, nice to come from behind and win for once.

Now onto Huddersfield and Reading away. Win those (or win and draw at least) and I'll be feeling pretty confident about promotion.

I hope Brighton do manage to come up with us though, I like Chris Hughton.

That first Newcastle goal though. Grade A banter.

Starting to lose patience with Pogba. He doesn't do enough for me, regardless of price tag. Looks flashy on the ball, but doesn't do that much with it and is useless off it. Herrera is more important to United than Pogba.

Well done to Bournemouth for getting a point from that game. That's much needed. But, disappointed that United couldn't get another goal with a man advantage.