NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Resident Evil 4, 5, 6 (PS4/One)

vlcsnap-2016-02-25-102zl7v.png

In March 1996, the world was introduced to the first Resident Evil game, which helped shape survival horror as we know it and has since brought you some of the most loved games of all time. You’ve been able to play through the origins stories that started everything with the recent releases of Resident Evil and Resident Evil 0, and we’ve confirmed that a remake of Resident Evil 2 is on the way. Since then, the series and story have evolved to amp up the action and introduce new epic gaming moments with Resident Evil 4, 5 and 6. If you haven’t had a chance to play these yet or if you’ve been wanting to play them on your current consoles, we’ve got good news for you. Starting with Resident Evil 6 on March 29, all three games will be available for PS4 and Xbox One for an MSRP of only $19.99 / €19.99 / £15.99 each.

Resident 4, 5, and 6 will all be available digitally for MSRP $19.99 / €19.99 / £15.99 each starting with Resident Evil 6 on March 29, Resident Evil 5 in summer 2016 and Resident Evil 4 in fall 2016. Physical disc versions will also be available in the Americas.

Son of a bitch. I just bought Resident Evil 5 for the PS3 ( only played the 360 version ) after talking about it in the PS4 thread the other day.

Still, happy they are heading to the PS4. I will no doubt pick up the retail version once it arrives.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

This is cool, I've still not played RE6 so will definitely picked that up. Last time i played RE5 was back in 09 when i just got my 360, played the heck out of it with my flatmate at uni. Good times!

I will no doubt pick up the retail version once it arrives.

Same here, if given the choice i always go retail. I would of preferred it if they were bundled and released together though.

Edited by Nintendo Fan
spelling

This is great for me, I'm hoping to get a PS4 at some point this year and have yet to play Resi 5 & 6 so definite purchase for me when I have a PS4.

EXTREMELY pleased about this.

Cannot wait to play 5 again and with a whole fresh set of achievements to get. Yassssss.

Played part way through 4 and obviously being previously a nintendo only gamer I have never played 5 or 6.

I'll get them.

I've still not got REmake or 0 yet though. I'm looking out for them on retail.

Are HD remakes of Resident Evil 2 & 3 on the way aswell? They're the only 2 that aren't available or coming out on PS4/Xbox One right? Or is Code Veronica not coming out for them either?

Are HD remakes of Resident Evil 2 & 3 on the way aswell? They're the only 2 that aren't available or coming out on PS4/Xbox One right? Or is Code Veronica not coming out for them either?

2 is getting a full remake, so I doubt they would port the original. I doubt 3 would get a port either, given how rough it would probably look. I'm surprised CV isn't part of this collection, seeing as it was already ported to the PS3.

Who asked for Resident Evil 6? Anyone?

Didn't think so.

Is it shit?

Is it shit?

I didn't mind it but many despised it. The game had many development issues and different teams made different sections/scenarios, which made the game feel somewhat disjointed. Still, it's a great co-op game. Not as good as 5 in co-op but still fun.

Is it shit?

It's pretty shit tbh. As a lover of Resi 4 and 5, it's such a letdown.

Aren't 4, 5 and 6 all available on PC anyway?

You're right. Ive no idea why I put that in the title. Any mod/admin feel free to correct it.

Yeah, they're all available, though I do hope they take the opportunity to sort out RE5 on Steam. Some time ago, they made the excellent decision to remove Games for Windows Live from RE5, and add the DLC that was available to the console versions.. Bought the DLC, and clocked in another 70 hours or so, on top of the 20-30 I already had.. Even finished professional, something I never bothered with with RE4 (I probably should some day).

Then, for some reason, they "patched" it, and broke the game.. It seems they brought some form of GFWL back in. There's an unofficial 3rd party patch, but I prefer something official.

I really had fun with RE5. RE6 on the other hand..

Oh cool, a trilogy chronicling a series descent into madness. Great, good and......hmmm

Why are they releasing it backwards? Also shouldn't it be in some kind of bundle?

Yeah it's truly baffling why they're releasing them backwards. I guess they're hoping more people will buy them this way... because by the time 6 would roll around in Autumn, no one will be interested in it again. At least this way, you're looking forward to what's considered the best one, and building up to it in purchases.

Also shouldn't it be in some kind of bundle?

I imagine they are spacing them out due it being the anniversary of the series. They mentioned a while back that they want the whole year to be a celebration of the franchise.

The backwards thing is a bit baffling, though.

Never played 6 so might pick that up.

Did anyone else think the motion blur of Resi 4 looks awful?

Resi 5 was good, but you had to have a friend to play it with. I remember the AI for you partner being terrible to the point of being more of a hindrance.

Any excuse to play through 4 again though! An all time classic.

The only Resident Evil games I've played are Resident Evil 4 - which is, obviously, one of the best games I've ever played - and Resident Evil Revelations on the 3DS, which I enjoyed quite a lot. I'm looking to play through all the other Resident Evil games, but I'm a bit torn. Should I wait until I have a PS4 and play through Resident Evil Origins, the forthcoming Resi 2 remake and the titles mentioned in this thread, or should I buy the original versions of 1, 2 and 3 and play through them on the Playstation?

Do the originals still hold up well or would I have a better time playing through the remasters?

We really have no idea when the Resi 2 remake will be out, so if you're wanting to make that a part of it, you could be waiting a good year or two.

It makes sense to play REmake over the original, it's the ultimate version and arguably the best Resident Evil, so it's really whether you go for the Gamecube version or wait and play the PS4 version. I'd then base your other decisions around that i.e. play 0, REmake, 2, 3, CV, 4 on Gamecube/Wii and 5, 6 on PS3.

Or 0, Remake HD PS4 followed by all the others downloaded from PSN.

I'm going to play through the whole lot on PS4 when they're eventually all there. I like the idea of having all of the games in one series on one platform. I should've done it during the GameCube era but I missed the boat.

I wonder what's going to happen to 3 and CV/CV:X. Will we get ports of those like we've seen for PS2 games?

Do the originals still hold up well or would I have a better time playing through the remasters?

If you've never played the originals then you may have little tolerance for the now rough looking graphics and the hammy voice acting. I played through Resident Evil 3 this year on the Vita and enjoyed it to bits BUT i'm already a big fan of the older games and I played it back in the day, so I can easily put up with the issues I mentioned.

It would probably help to play the games on a smaller screen ( like a Vita or a PSOne LCD screen ) as any games from that era can look rough on a big LCD/LED/Plasma screen.