NEurope
Beast

Weight Loss and Fitness 2016

I've pulled a muscle in my back. In so much pain...

Bearing in mind I slipped my lower 4 discs, and have significant arthritis in one of my discs in my neck.... yet the pain in this is 10x worse. I think its just because its where it is, right in the middle of my back and every fecking movement seems to need those muscles....ugh

Also I got a "slimmers belt" from argos, my mum had one years ago and its a great back support, just a very big wide elasticated belt. Like a less extreme version of a deadlift/squat belt. Would be good for training when im better...

Still working on the weight loss. Its very slow at the moment. Still sticking to wheat free eating. Doing alright.

Edited by Raining_again
Automerged Doublepost

Ouch! That sounds pretty painful :hmm: I hope you manage to feel a bit better soon Hannah. :hug:

I decided to weigh myself the other day after not really bothering for ages and it seems I'm now even closer to 8 stone... so much for me trying to put on a bit of weight, I'm going to try eating more and keeping a close eye on it. :red:

I'm feeling really frustrated at the minute. I somehow pulled my right shoulder doing incline chest press at the gym last Wednesday. I went again to the gym on Friday but was in pain.

I've decided to rest and not go but it feels like all of my hard work is slipping away. I have no idea when the shoulder will heal.

I'm feeling really frustrated at the minute. I somehow pulled my right shoulder doing incline chest press at the gym last Wednesday. I went again to the gym on Friday but was in pain.

I've decided to rest and not go but it feels like all of my hard work is slipping away. I have no idea when the shoulder will heal.

Has it improved at all since Wednesday?

Remember you can always focus on other things. Maybe legs, or even flexibility/mobility.

I wouldn't worry too much about losing progress. These things happen and there are ways of dealing that can actually be productive in the long run.

Edited by Daft
A word

Has it improved at all since Wednesday?

Remember you can always focus on other things. Maybe legs, or even flexibility/mobility.

I wouldn't worry too much about losing progress. These things happen and there are ways of dealing that can actually productive in the long run.

@Daft is right. I still lost weight through diet with a bad back and when it started getting a bit better, I just focused on my arms.

It'll get better soon, mate, but the best thing to do is not push it or it'll get worse. Stay strong, bud!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

After a bit of a break because I was away on holiday I got back to the gym on Sunday. Seem to have lost all of my fitness and my back/neck is getting sore again.

My plan is to do Stronglifts 5x5. I've never done it before (I previously used Starting Strength which is remarkably similar) and it'll be nice to get into a proper regime again. I did my first workout yesterday and dropped my lifts a bit as I've never done 5 sets before.

I'm continuing with spin, completed my third class since Sunday this morning and feeling that I'm starting to get back into it. I also swam today in the absence of weights as it's really good for your body overall and when I swam a lot last year I noticed a difference in my back.

I know Stronglifts says not to do cardio but I enjoy it too much and like being fit as well as strong.

Honestly, there's no reason you shouldn't also do cardio if you want. Just make sure you make up the calorie deficit it creates (if you need to).

Edited by Daft

I still have biceps... somewhere....lol

Haven't lifted in too long. Haven't got the space or the ability at the moment. Back still sore but getting there.

I've started lifting again. Squats.

My arse hurts.

Same bro.

Arghh.

My arse hurts.

Yup. Same here.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

4254caab390b9d93d838b6bb2500314b.jpg

My arse hurts.

Same here. Last week was worse but my cycle today was a bit of a struggle.

Same here. Last week was worse but my cycle today was a bit of a struggle.

Spin classes kill me. Why are bike seats so uncomfortable?

All the successful cyclists only have one testicle.

Get some padded cycling shorts. Makes all the difference.

Guess it kinda fits in here.. been doing the vendanges over here... my back, shoulders, feet, knees all hurt.

Weighed myself before going to work and when I got back.. seems I lose about 3kg at work. Presume 99% of it at least is water, but I drink about as much as is possible :|

Using my wii fit pedometer it estimates I walked 24km today. Kinda happy with that, I haven't made the time to walk for some time.

All the successful cyclists only have one testicle.

That's the side effect of steroids.

After injuring my shoulder over 2 weeks ago I decided to have a light weight session yesterday. I trained chest. My shoulder now aches so much. I've got a deep heat pad on it at the moment. Having the day off from the gym today and will go tomorrow with the aim to train back.

If your shoulder is in pain you should leave the gym and go to the doctor for a proper diagnosis. Shoulders aren't something you want to mess around with.

Unfortunately shoulder joints are used for every major upper body movement so even doing your back could aggravate it.

The gym is going well for me and I'm becoming a little suspicious that I'm neglecting something (other than cardio).

I went swimming yesterday evening with a new swimming club. It was nice but it's a bit too far, I spend more time cycling there and back than actually swimming! Also I hit my hand with the ladder, I have a massive bruise on my hand now :hmm:

I got a drive-by compliment in the gym changing room just now. Both parts flattering and creepy.

More importantly, I started doing weighted chin-ups (20kg) and wide-grip pull-ups (15kg). Why have I not bothered to do these before? They're amazing and super fun. I feel like they're going to be a bit of a revelation.

Looking for some advice here... my left leg has been having some pain for awhile. It doesn't hurt when walking but if I bend it too far forward - your leg is at 90 degrees when sitting, bend them further so you're at 45 degrees and the top of my calf hurts, just below the knee. Its been like this for almost a month now and I haven't done any leg exercises at the gym because of this. I've barely been to the gym at all recently.

I'm at a loss as I haven't injured it or strained it or anything...