NEurope
Beast

Weight Loss and Fitness 2016

Tell him I said 'fuck off'.

I did Deadlifts for the first time in about three months. Managed to do three sets of five, working my way up to 130kg. Nothing remarkable really, but I wasn't using straps which I've always had to do before. Seems like all these chin-ups are working.

I've also slipped into German Volume Training. Yesterday I did 10 sets of 10 reps on bench, starting at 70kg and dropping to 65 on the last few sets. And then I did OHP, 10 sets of a dainty 30kg (10 reps as well) but I super-setted them with chin-ups in an L-sit position.

So that was fucking sadistic.

And I loved it.

Edited by Daft

If its aching in your lower back and not so much mid back (as well as legs shoulders neck) you're doing it right. If its really hitting your mid back you aren't bracing your core enough or you are rounding your back (which is very naughty lol).

I love deadlifts, they are only a close second favourite against clean&jerks.

I had a day off from weights and running. Still kept under my calorie allowance though :)

My leg DOMS were so bad that someone gave up their seat for me on the bus as they probably thought I had some kind of disability.

I also have it in my chest still from Saturday.

Also in the back too!

Shoulders day tomorrow though! I will also go on a dinner time run even if I have to limp around!

I cycled at the gym for an hour on Monday and then tried rowing but after about 12 minutes my ankle was throbbing... I feel like it's going to be an age before I can start doing anything on it again... I'm really missing playing football especially!

I'm still plugging away. There's a noticeable difference in my stomach/ab area and my clothes are starting to feel baggy. :D

David Lloyd have this awesome new machine in the gym called Boditrax. It gives a complete overview of your body composition and tracks it all on a website. I've used it twice now, this time last week and just now.

Ytybllt.png

6R4Tylb.png

Machines like this are obviously never going to be 100% reliable but my thinking is that if I use it at the same time each week it should give me a decent picture of my progress even if the numbers aren't 100% accurate.

Thought i'd do a progress post. :D

So I started my fitness journey on 4 January 2016 with the intention of losing the flab and putting on a bit of muscle aswell. I have slowly been losing weight. Today I got weighed and lost a further 3lbs! I've now lost 1 st and 11lbs in total. Anyway some pics (for those that don't follow me on insta) of my progress over the last few months...

rjYe8o.jpg

SnQvxQ.jpg

YUJqhI.jpg

C7yBus.jpg

BHohVd.jpg

W8tx2D.jpg

RsaCxC.jpg

Amazing progress. Keep it up.

Imagine what your progress will be by the end of the year!

Thought i'd do a progress post. :D

So I started my fitness journey on 4 January 2016 with the intention of losing the flab and putting on a bit of muscle aswell. I have slowly been losing weight. Today I got weighed and lost a further 3lbs! I've now lost 1 st and 11lbs in total. Anyway some pics (for those that don't follow me on insta) of my progress over the last few months...

rjYe8o.jpg

SnQvxQ.jpg

YUJqhI.jpg

C7yBus.jpg

BHohVd.jpg

W8tx2D.jpg

RsaCxC.jpg

Dude, you look amazing!!! Keep it up! I need to look like you!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Holy shit, man. That's impressive and you look good. Can't wait to see more progress from you and @Animal

Keep it up. : peace:

Yeah it's great losing weight vicariously through other people. I feel great!

Looking sexy as fuck, @Blade. Massive improvement. Your stomach looks so much better. (well done for being brave in posting your naked self)

Arse pics, pls.

Please respond.

Looking sexy as fuck, @Blade. Massive improvement. Your stomach looks so much better. (well done for being brave in posting your naked self)

Arse pics, pls.

Please respond.

Yup, butt pics plox.

We need to make sure you haven't been neglecting leg day!

Whether my mates were being generous or not is unknown but I did these weights in the gym and they said it was really good, especially my 125kg deadlift. I worked on my technique and I'm doing it correctly for sure. I also got my friends to check it and they said I did it very well too.

If doing 3x6 125kg deadlifts is good, I REALLY wished that bloke was there so I could just shut him up, haha.

Edited by Animal

I have lost 14kg in 6 weeks...!

I ran around ikea today (pushing the heavy trolley too) leaving everyone in my dust, when normally its the opposite!

Getting into the depths of fasting, switches on something inside my body that just makes me feel like magic. Last time I was like this I was training hard and hitting some crazy PBs. I'm not training at the moment but I will be sooooon.

Made some great progress at the gym over the last few weeks.

I bulked up for about 12 months using Stronglift (the app is amazing!) but I've been trying to cut down on my body fat over the past few months before I go on holiday in July.

I decided to go onto a ketogenic diet and it's made a huge difference as not only has my body fat gone down a fair bit but I'm also lifting more than ever. I'm looking much broader at the moment and it's great to see some progress.

The only hard part is planning my meals..getting 30% of my daily calories from protein and 60% from fat sounds delicious but it's sometimes difficult to plan. Worth it though.

So I don't know if people are trying to make me feel good so I'm going to ask you lot if this is true.

Weighed myself today and it says I'm the same weight but it also says I was 27.8% body fat and I've gone down to 25.9%.

I've been told since starting weights that I need to focus more on body fat percentage and apparently this is a great result.

It didn't make sense because I'm now fitting in shirts and trousers that were tight 2 weeks ago...

Also, muscle is more dense than fat so I could still lose fat but gain muscle.

Are they telling the truth? Should I be happy with the result?

4c6dbec5dc963cc8d66e0b4185fcfc72.jpg

OLD WEIGHT 2 WEEKS AGO

86c16d5f288b1e90477214d2e34d77cf.jpg

NEW WEIGHT AS OF AN HOUR AGO

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

The most impressive stat from those results is that you've got taller.

Yeah its good news mate! its essentially what we call "recomp" where you are developing muscles while losing a bit of fat weight. Its very very good. You don't lose weight but your body reshapes.

Muscles are VERY VERY good, they increase your caloric requirement which means you can eat more in a day! My muscle days were the best, I ate like a pig and the only weight i gained was dem muscle gainz. I was working VERY VERY hard at the gym though. I think I was eating 3000 cals a day easily and not gaining fat!

Oh oh OH I also lost another 1.3kg this week

started at 136.5, now 121.1 (-15.4kg) in 8 weeks!

Edited by Raining_again

@Animal - Yes, bodyfat is far more important than weight. Muscle weighs more than fat so you can find that even though your body looks better you could weigh more.

^^^ Yes

I used to sit around the top end of 18 stone, maybe 19 when i lifted. Was very close to being in a size 20. I'm about that weight at the moment and would be a 24 (with no muscles).

My body felt better. My boobs were more supported with muscles behind them and looked miles better. My legs used to be amazing, for being quite heavy i had next to no fat on my lower legs, and my upper legs weren't far from it. (i am a very big build though)

My local crossfit gym had an offer, I couldn't refuse (membership for two months for just under a pound), so I'm back in the crossfit world once again - I've missed it! Hopefully I can now get back into the shape I was in a couple of years ago.

I'm slacking big time, just can't be arsed. I've not been to the gym at all this week and I don't plan on going... I'm feeling so lazy!