NEurope
Beast

Weight Loss and Fitness 2016

I'm at that stage on my cut where I feel weak and puny. I think I've lost a bit of weight due to work stress...it's been a really long and tiring year.

What kind of deficit are you at? Have you lost any strength?

I think this is the first cut I've been on where I've not lost strength. I've even managed to increase my rep ranges.

Was having a chinwag with my mum yesterday when we took my old oven to the tip. I was like yknow most women couldn't do what we just did (we carried a massive integrated oven to the dump) and my mum said to me that she has always been told shes strong, shes a strong swimmer, has powerful grip etc. So between that and my powerhouse father its any little wonder i became as strong as an ox. There's definitely a lot to be said about genetics in strength.

I really miss lifting but at the moment i just have too much to dedicate to other energy requiring jobs to be planning workouts

Was having a chinwag with my mum yesterday when we took my old oven to the tip. I was like yknow most women couldn't do what we just did (we carried a massive integrated oven to the dump) and my mum said to me that she has always been told shes strong, shes a strong swimmer, has powerful grip etc. So between that and my powerhouse father its any little wonder i became as strong as an ox. There's definitely a lot to be said about genetics in strength.

I really miss lifting but at the moment i just have too much to dedicate to other energy requiring jobs to be planning workouts

I think this is the first cut I've been on where I've not lost strength. I've even managed to increase my rep ranges.

I was aiming for about 300 or so calories under maintenance, but then had a really nasty chest infection which has thrown things into disarray. I've changed my rep range to 3 sets of 8, so naturally I'm using less weight than before. I think having to restart due to chest infection, tiredness and stress from work has made me more mentally tired than anything. I'm at 75kg now. We'll see how it goes.

I was aiming for about 300 or so calories under maintenance, but then had a really nasty chest infection which has thrown things into disarray. I've changed my rep range to 3 sets of 8, so naturally I'm using less weight than before. I think having to restart due to chest infection, tiredness and stress from work has made me more mentally tired than anything. I'm at 75kg now. We'll see how it goes.

3e8a55c9dbb9b5a40ee050da1806240f.jpg

Lost 2lb. I'm 0.3% away from having average body weight and 2lb away from being the slimmest I've been since I was 13!!! Exciteeeeddddd!!!!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

3e8a55c9dbb9b5a40ee050da1806240f.jpg

Lost 2lb. I'm 0.3% away from having average body weight and 2lb away from being the slimmest I've been since I was 13!!! Exciteeeeddddd!!!!

Where are people getting their Body Fat % measured?

I've lost just over a stone in a couple of months and have another couple of months before I'm off to America, want to get in as good a shape as possible for the beach but am only basing things purely on weight at the moment.

I've lost just over a stone in a couple of months and have another couple of months before I'm off to America, want to get in as good a shape as possible for the beach but am only basing things purely on weight at the moment.

Loading up FitBit and finding that I'd got home with this beautiful step count made walking around for half the day worth it :heh:

Screenshot_20160711-160013.png

@Blade / @Animal / @AnyOneElseWhoHasPostedABodyFatPrintOut

Loading up FitBit and finding that I'd got home with this beautiful step count made walking around for half the day worth it :heh:

Screenshot_20160711-160013.png

@Blade / @Animal / @AnyOneElseWhoHasPostedABodyFatPrintOut

Mine was in Anytime Fitness until it broke as it said I weighed 19st two weeks ago so I go to Boots now. To double-check, I weighed on some other scales and it was accurate.

Boots is the way to go

Mine was in Anytime Fitness until it broke as it said I weighed 19st two weeks ago so I go to Boots now. To double-check, I weighed on some other scales and it was accurate.

Boots is the way to go

@Eddage

They're not accurate at all. Good to give an idea but not accurate. I use the one at my gym - Pure Gym.

Trained back this morning before work. Deadlifts will be the end of me.

@Eddage

They're not accurate at all. Good to give an idea but not accurate. I use the one at my gym - Pure Gym.

Trained back this morning before work. Deadlifts will be the end of me.

My gym has a machine that does it. I've had a print out identical to Animal's one before and I think that my gym's is more reliable as it gives you far more figures and has the electrical pads for feet and hands. It's called BodiTrax.

They aren't 100% accurate but as long as you use the same machine each time you'll see a trend.

I got calipered 2 weeks ago by my friend who's training in it and the reading came out 1.5% higher than the machine. He admits himself he needs more practice in it so I'm going to say the machine isn't too far out.

My gym has a machine that does it. I've had a print out identical to Animal's one before and I think that my gym's is more reliable as it gives you far more figures and has the electrical pads for feet and hands. It's called BodiTrax.

They aren't 100% accurate but as long as you use the same machine each time you'll see a trend.

I got calipered 2 weeks ago by my friend who's training in it and the reading came out 1.5% higher than the machine. He admits himself he needs more practice in it so I'm going to say the machine isn't too far out.

I've lost another pound :)

I have been maintaining the past month but my lifts have been improving greatly. My focus is now less on the weight loss (although I have still got a lot of the fat to lose) but more on what i'm lifting.

Went for a jog just now. Not the best idea .

It's 30°C and after 30 minutes (4.3km) I had to stop. I ate enough food and I drank enough water today but my body still couldn't cope...

I've not had a great week/fortnight for fitness. My right shoulder has been a pain and I've had a few issues with the wrist on the same hand. Boooooh. We've got a holiday booked in Spain coming up and that should give me some time off to rest and recover, plus the start of the new term after that.

I've not had a great week/fortnight for fitness. My right shoulder has been a pain and I've had a few issues with the wrist on the same hand. Boooooh. We've got a holiday booked in Spain coming up and that should give me some time off to rest and recover, plus the start of the new term after that.

I had throat surgery for Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease 2 weeks ago and it's killed my workout regime. In addition to eating a liquid diet for the past week, i'm now on a "soft diet" for the next 6 weeks. No working out for at least 6 weeks until wounds have healed :(

On the plus side, down the line hopefully I can eat like a normal person again!