NEurope
Hero-of-Time

My Nintendo ( Club Nintendo Successor )

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Search/Search-299117.html?q=&faf=GAME

Games > All Games on the navigation. Then you can filter by features, console, Virtual Console and so forth.

Then simply click the game and you can buy it there. You don't need to know what you're looking for, the search seems very in depth

I get that it's not like a Virtual Console hub page, but with the Virtual Console filter in the search, it's pretty similar.

It's awful, how can you say otherwise, and yes it does stop impulse buying, why wouldn't it tell you what's been reduced. It doesn't even have prices next to the item when you search, it's just so so painfully bad. I mean, it's good it's there, but it's an atrocious atrocious shop. Hopefully they'll fix it, but by god I expected so much more, especially after visit my nintendo first...

Agreed. It's crap. Nintendo's website is so hilariously ill suited towards making purchases.

If they were going to integrate it into something existing, why not the actual Nintendo UK Store!?

It's awful, how can you say otherwise, and yes it does stop impulse buying, why wouldn't it tell you what's been reduced. It doesn't even have prices next to the item when you search, it's just so so painfully bad. I mean, it's good it's there, but it's an atrocious atrocious shop. Hopefully they'll fix it, but by god I expected so much more, especially after visit my nintendo first...

Because it's not a shop. It's the official site...

If this was an actual shop, then I'd agree, but it's functionality to allow for purchasing on the official site, just like Japan has had since December. It was always to be like this.

Plus EU law about pricings which is why Nintendo goes on about retailers setting prices, remember?

If this was an actual shop, then I'd agree, but it's functionality to allow for purchasing on the official site, just like Japan has had since December. It was always to be like this.

Plus EU law about pricings which is why Nintendo goes on about retailers setting prices, remember?

Please point me in the direction of the EU law that says you can't have a price on this page:

1zd57yv.jpg

But when you click the link you're taken through to this page that does have it:

o549wk.jpg

Is there a law about pricing not being allowed on search results?

And while we're at it, the listing of games is itself ugly. The text is one of two sizes, it just reads badly, there's no contextual links (would be nice if clicking 'Game Boy Advance' then let me see all GBA games) and nothing stands out.

Furthermore your suggestion to narrow by VC is one way of doing things, yes. But go into a title then hit back and what happens? Search criteria has cleared.

----

Also...you need to spend points on a box to store VIRTUAL POINTS?!!

Really? Or am I getting the box for having enough points? The verb "redeem" could mean either.

Edited by Ashley

Please point me in the direction of the EU law that says you can't have a price on this page:

1zd57yv.jpg

But when you click the link you're taken through to this page that does have it:

o549wk.jpg

Is there a law about pricing not being allowed on search results?

And while we're at it, the listing of games is itself ugly. The text is one of two sizes, it just reads badly, there's no contextual links (would be nice if clicking 'Game Boy Advance' then let me see all GBA games) and nothing stands out.

Furthermore your suggestion to narrow by VC is one way of doing things, yes. But go into a title then hit back and what happens? Search criteria has cleared.

----

Also...you need to spend points on a box to store VIRTUAL POINTS?!!

Really? Or am I getting the box for having enough points? The verb "redeem" could mean either.

I meant in the display. As it's the official site, and not a shop, if they were to show the price when searching for games it could easily be interpreted as the RRP, which Nintendo is heavily reluctant in showing since the EU sued them.

I meant in the display. As it's the official site, and not a shop, if they were to show the price when searching for games it could easily be interpreted as the RRP, which Nintendo is heavily reluctant in showing since the EU sued them.

Those are literally two pages on the same site. The site you linked to. The Nintendo site. The second one is not the store, it is the same site.

And what's to stop them putting "eShop price: £x". That's clearly not RRP in the same way the price on Amazon isn't RRP.

Those are literally two pages on the same site. The site you linked to. The Nintendo site. The second one is not the store, it is the same site.

And what's to stop them putting "eShop price: £x". That's clearly not RRP in the same way the price on Amazon isn't RRP.

Ask the EU :p Nintendo have been very reluctant to state RRPs here and if it could be interpreted as such, I think they'd err on the side of caution

Edited by Serebii

Still not addressed where in that rule it states the price can be on one page of a website but not another page of the same website...

Yeah, I guess I wanted a shop, and hop nintendo eventually do a proper shop. It's great it's there and the speed and ease is fantastic, but it's just clumsy.

Also, when will they finally let us buy a few items at a time? Will help with the new gold coin rewards system!!

Agreed. It's crap. Nintendo's website is so hilariously ill suited towards making purchases.

If they were going to integrate it into something existing, why not the actual Nintendo UK Store!?

Has anyone confirmed that? They could still have the automatic download feature. Amazon Japan have had the feature for ages.

Also, when will they finally let us buy a few items at a time? Will help with the new gold coin rewards system!!

I think you just answered your own question :p

Has anyone confirmed that? They could still have the automatic download feature. Amazon Japan have had the feature for ages.

??? The automatic download feature is indeed there when you purchase things off of Nintendo.co.uk, used it with Flipnote 3D. Worked perfectly - 3DS automagically did it by itself.

Not sure what you're looking to have confirmed here :blank:

Edit: BTW, something that will be sure to please a fair few of you...

DOWNLOAD CODES DO COUNT FOR GOLD POINTS!!!

Yup! Just like with the Nintendo Network Premium programme, you DO get Gold Points when you redeem a download code (just tried it now - got the requisite amount of points), so you don't have to purchase directly off of the eShop for the purchase to count on My Nintendo.

So you can buy discounted download codes from GAME and you'll get the full amount of Gold Points :D (buying Pokken Tournament for £39.99 from GAME will get you £49.99's worth of Gold Points for example)

Edited by Dcubed
Automerged Doublepost

??? The automatic download feature is indeed there when you purchase things off of Nintendo.co.uk, used it with Flipnote 3D. Worked perfectly - 3DS automagically did it by itself.

Not sure what you're looking to have confirmed here :blank:

If store.nintendo.co.uk has the same feature.

Shame can't set an already owned product to download to device. Has to be a new purchase as far as I can see.

If store.nintendo.co.uk has the same feature.

Oh I see...

You'd hope that they'd update the store to support the new feature...

I'm not the only one who gets an exorbitant amount of pleasure from clicking my Mii's icon over and over again to hear that stupid sound am I? :D

Has anyone got any "Just for you" offers in Nintendo Account? I have none.

You have to buy them using Gold Points. You earn those after making purchases in Nintendo eShop.

They'll probably give out some on special occasions via email as well I'd imagine.

It also includes special deals on things like discounts if you buy a certain game etc.

Japan also, as it had this first, does special deals here and there only for Nintendo Account users.

Edited by Serebii

So now that my account is all linked up to My Nintendo I understand that Platinum points can be gained by accessing the shop amongst other things.

Does this mean it's just for the web-based shop or do I now get points from just checking the Nintendo eShop on the consoles as well?

I'm just trying to work out how I can get some points without the help of Miitomo which I won't be getting as I don't have the time, technology, or inclination for it currently. ::shrug:

Also the fact that there is a numbered amount of downloads for the My Nintendo Picross games is beyond ludicrous... I quite liked the idea of The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess Picross but not when so many barriers are put in place to reduce the chances of you obtaining it. :blank:

While I approve of Nintendo moving things forward with regards to accounts, things need streamlining a bit further yet it would seem.

Also the fact that there is a numbered amount of downloads for the My Nintendo Picross games is beyond ludicrous... I quite liked the idea of The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess Picross but not when so many barriers are put in place to reduce the chances of you obtaining it. :blank:

Wait, hang on, are you thinking there's only a limited amount of the downloads?

Because if you are, you might want to look at the My Nintendo Picross thread.

You don't want to go through that song and dance again.

Does this mean it's just for the web-based shop or do I now get points from just checking the Nintendo eShop on the consoles as well?

There is a mission that rewards you points for booting up the eShop once a week.

There's also one for booting up Miiverse once a week.

That's 60 points a week.

But without Miitomo, you'll be waiting a while to get to 1000, along with me.

We're a special club of 2! (So far)

Edited by Glen-i
Automerged Doublepost

Wait, hang on, are you thinking there's only a limited amount of the downloads?

Because if you are, you might want to look at the My Nintendo Picross thread.

You don't want to go through that song and dance again.

There is a mission that rewards you points for booting up the eShop once a week.

There's also one for booting up Miiverse once a week.

That's 60 points a week.

But without Miitomo, you'll be waiting a while to get to 1000, along with me.

We're a special club of 2! (So far)

Ah so that was just a misconception? That's OK then, but my other points still stand.

I'm all for Nintendo branching out into mobile ventures but not at the expense of their existing fanbase who don't really want to buy a smartphone purely to take "advantage" of a few apps in order to get a game which people would most likely not minded paying a few pounds for anyway.

So the long road for us both saving up 1000 Platinum points starts here then... ;)

Ah so that was just a misconception? That's OK then, but my other points still stand.

I'm all for Nintendo branching out into mobile ventures but not at the expense of their existing fanbase who don't really want to buy a smartphone purely to take "advantage" of a few apps in order to get a game which people would most likely not minded paying a few pounds for anyway.

So the long road for us both saving up 1000 Platinum points starts here then... ;)

I understand where you're coming from, I can't help but feel I'm being somehow punished for owning a Windows Phone.

I can only hope that the point earning will feature in some future games and not just mobile apps.

So now that my account is all linked up to My Nintendo I understand that Platinum points can be gained by accessing the shop amongst other things.

I'm just trying to work out how I can get some points without the help of Miitomo which I won't be getting as I don't have the time, technology, or inclination for it currently. ::shrug:

While I approve of Nintendo moving things forward with regards to accounts, things need streamlining a bit further yet it would seem.

I went into the eshop on my wii u and got a miiverse message telling me to get points from my nintendo...

each week you get freebie points for interacting with Nintendo. It will be quicker with miitomo though...

Yeah I may be the source of the limited amount idea.. I misread it pretty badly ><)

I think next week I may be able to get the picross game.. unless a better offer is available by then!

It is I think limited till October.. but maybe that again is just my oldest points? either way that date is redundant!

Windows phone, no smartphone?! Yep, nintendo should not pursue new avenues and mediums because 0.000001% of their fans don't realise it's 2016 :)