NEurope
Hero-of-Time

My Nintendo ( Club Nintendo Successor )

Don't worry. Nintendo's marketing team will make everything clearer.

You're confused now, you're confused now, you're confused, you're confused, you're confuuused now.

Is anyone suggesting here that the Nintendo Account won't be it?

I'd presume your 'NNID' is just becoming your 'Nintendo Account'. What's the confusion around this?

Yeah. That's why I think. But some people and maybe even Nintendo think of them as separate things entirely. Which would be so so clumsy.

Looks like the Nintendo Account has launched in Japan. Seems like the bonus works very much like the premium offer during the first year of the Wii U.

Some news about has come from the investor meeting. This should keep us going until the whole thing has been translated into english.

1_zpsmydid5ce.png

2_zpsoyisktt9.png

4_zpssxftcb9y.png

3_zpsmlzcyihj.png

Everything is sounding great!

News from NoE.

3rd February 2016 – Nintendo’s first app made exclusively for smart devices, Miitomo, will launch* in the UK and Ireland in March for both iOS and Android phones and tablets. Today, Nintendo outlined the steps that fans can take to be among the first to get in on the social fun.

Starting 17th February 2016, people in the UK and Ireland will be able to preregister for Miitomo by creating a Nintendo Account using their Nintendo Network ID, social network accounts or email address. People who preregister for Miitomo will be among the first to be notified about the availability of Miitomo when it launches in March.

Miitomo is a social experience that uses Nintendo’s Mii characters to engage friends in a lighthearted, playful and welcoming social setting. Mii characters first debuted on the Wii console and to date, more than 200 million Mii characters have been created around the world. Using Mii characters users will be able to interact with their friends in an entirely new way to spark fun and interesting conversations by answering questions such as, “What song has been stuck in your head lately?”, “Do you believe in aliens?”, or even, “If you saw a nose hair sticking out of your friend’s nose, what would you do?” By answering questions in Miitomo, users will be able to discover surprising information and secrets about their friends, as well as share their experiences with others easily by taking and sharing photos featuring their Mii using the Miifoto feature.

Nintendo’s new My Nintendo** rewards program will launch alongside Miitomo in March 2016, and will be able to connect with Miitomo. A special Miitomo bonus will be offered to anyone in the UK and Ireland that creates a Nintendo Account between 17th February and the launch of Miitomo in March. My Nintendo aims to become much more than a traditional rewards program. It is a more comprehensive service that rewards users for interacting with Nintendo products and services in a variety of ways. Miitomo users with a Nintendo Account will be able to take advantage of My Nintendo to enhance their experience.

Including Miitomo, Nintendo plans to release approximately five smart device applications by the end of March 2017.

More information about Miitomo, Nintendo Account and My Nintendo will be available on https://miitomo.com/ in the coming weeks.

*Miitomo will launch in the following countries in March: the UK, Ireland, France, Belgium, Germany, Austria, Luxembourg, Spain, Italy, the Netherlands, Russia, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, U.S., Canada. Preregistration is only available in these countries.

Miitomo at launch will support the following languages: English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Dutch, Russian and Japanese.

**My Nintendo will be available from March in the following countries: the UK, Ireland, France, Belgium, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Poland, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, the Czech Republic, Luxembourg, Spain, Portugal, Italy, the Netherlands, Denmark, Norway, Finland, Malta, Greece, Sweden, Estonia, Hungary, Slovenia, Slovakia, Romania, Lithuania, Latvia, Russia, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, U.S., Canada, Mexico, Brazil.

Wonder if this will inadvertently give us NX news/clues. Can see Once this is released they started preparing for NX news, so say April for an NX introduction!!

This all sounds positive.

If you can redownload games onto other devices they are surely going to find a way to make that more disappointing than it initially sounds.

I am thinking of something that will make you still have to use an arcane method or will stop you actually using it.

Perhaps:

* You can't do it for some games.

* You can't transfer saves games at the same time, or you can but the system is completely separate.

* You have to deregister one device (and delete everything) before you can connect a second with the same account.

* Only works on the New 3DS (*)

(* Not really serious, but it is fun to speculate how they might appear to be finally getting there and fail at the last hurdle.)

The financial results briefing and slides are now up in English here.

My Nintendo at the formal launch will start as a points-based rewards program, which can be used both on dedicated game systems and smart devices.

My Nintendo will be a brand new and unique service from Nintendo, which has been deploying its business on dedicated game systems and will now expand its business to include apps for smart devices. My Nintendo will serve as a bridge between Nintendo experiences on both dedicated systems and smart devices.

For the new rewards program, we are preparing two types of points.

We will offer Platinum Points when consumers play smart device apps, when they log onto Nintendo eShop or when they meet certain conditions. We will offer Gold Points for digital purchases of Wii U and Nintendo 3DS games.

In the case of the previous Club Nintendo, we offered points, or “coins,” as a result of our members' purchasing and registering our products. For My Nintendo, the points are gained by members not only as the result of their digital purchases but also as the result of their activities, such as playing games and apps, and interacting with information from Nintendo.

You can exchange your Platinum Points for a range of digital content which will be considered valuable by consumers.* As for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS, you will not receive points as a result of playing the digital games, but you can earn them by logging onto Nintendo eShop.

Gold Points can be exchanged for discount coupons to purchase digital software for Wii U or Nintendo 3DS. By offering the two different types of points, Platinum and Gold, we will provide our consumers with two forms of value, “fun” and “good deals.”*

45l.jpg

46l.jpg

47l.jpg

I wonder if this...

We will offer Gold Points for digital purchases of Wii U and Nintendo 3DS games.

...counts for Virtual Console games as well? I've been holding out on buying a bunch of them recently for this very reason.

I wonder if this...

...counts for Virtual Console games as well? I've been holding out on buying a bunch of them recently for this very reason.

Well, that premium point system they had at the start of the WiiU's life gave you points for VC purchases.

So it's not impossible.

The Gold Points basically sound like a replacement for the Nintendo Network Premium programme...

... which is just fine by me! That thing was great! :D

Do hope that it's not long before they start offering physical items for Platinum Points though...

It all sounds pretty incredible. Managing Cloud data, excellent. Also Friend relationships - awesome. I wonder if this has simple click buttons to allow direct messaging, voice communications, just online play etc.

No MyNintendo for my country. Will I be able to register Germany as I did with the e-shop?

Looks like there's a six month expiration date on platinum points according to the miitomo registration.

Thank you for preregistering! Please wait for release.

You will receive the My Nintendo points automatically through your Nintendo Account after the release of Miitomo. Please note that the points are valid for six months after they are received

That doesn't seem very long.

I think that's good though... before people were hoarding points. That doesn't seem a problem perhaps but when it happens either

low stocked items are either:

priced ridiculously high

disappear ridiculously quickly.

Sometimes both. With a 6 month expiry, so long as there are REASONABLE rewards available all the time, it's a bit more casual I guess. It also means you have to interact a little more often to get the most out of the program, and hopefully people will be a bit less snobbish about the things they spend points on (Talking about myself too here!)

I do by far prefer physical unique goodies to digital ones, the wallpapers etc. Just seemed a bit cheap really.. I don't have my coasters here just at the moment, but really I think they are much better, even from Nintendo's point of view, having those coasters is a bit of a talking point/makes me think about Nintendo which has to be good for them, right?

The registration process was simple, so that's a positive step, however I am now confused about the way this is all setup and what is what.. someone (can't remember who now) was really confused when they first announced all this.. and I didn't see why.. well, who ever you are, I now understand(or maybe don't understand either :P)

But yeah, good stuff. Hoping they announce a direct tomorrow or something though, it feels like they need one to me. plus I'm on holiday and feeling a tad bored!

fH17zzK.jpg

The "delete" screen shows information on your account. The "Mission Status" sounds interesting.

Slightly worrying it says saves of 'apps' linked to your account and not apps and games....

Slightly worrying it says saves of 'apps' linked to your account and not apps and games....

Games are possibly linked to the NNID? Just thinking the Nintendo account is linked to fb/nnid etc. Deleting your Nintendo account won't delete your fb account either, so possibly that gives an insight to the relationship between the Nintendo Account and NNID?

Above that it says 'digital content' that you have purchased which would surely cover games and apps and VC content etc.

Above that it says 'digital content' that you have purchased which would surely cover games and apps and VC content etc.

Sorry, I meant the save files of the games. As in cloud saves.

Games are possibly linked to the NNID? Just thinking the Nintendo account is linked to fb/nnid etc. Deleting your Nintendo account won't delete your fb account either, so possibly that gives an insight to the relationship between the Nintendo Account and NNID?

Still think they need to get rid of NNID as soon as possible, why can't Nintendo Account be the same thing. I presume it's just their way of transitioning over, but the sooner they get rid of the NNID the better.

They'll keep the NNID for the WiiU and 3DS but I feel the NX will take on the Nintendo Account in its place.

That we linked them will be for transferring the data over during the transition between systems I'd guess.

Having it linked will also help transfer software tied to your NNID to the Nintendo Account (Virtual Console/eShop, save files etc).

That's what I imagine it to be.

Sorry, I meant the save files of the games. As in cloud saves.

I'm not sure they'd promote cloud saves until they're ready with updated firmware for consoles?

The service is now live in Japan.

Here's what is on offer at the moment.

Miitomo

Mario Suit – 250 Platinum Points

1 game ticket – 85 Platinum Points

5 game tickets – 420 Platinum Points

10 game tickets – 250 Platinum Points

Discounts

20% off Mario Kart 8 (Wii U) – 950 Platinum Points

20% off Dr. Luigi (Wii U) – 230 Platinum Points

20% off New Super Mario Bros. 2 (3DS) – 750 Platinum Points

20% off Brain Age: Concentration Training (3DS) – 600 Platinum Points

40% off Zelda: Majora’s Mask 3D (3DS) – 130 Gold Points

40% off Ultimate NES Remix (3DS) – 105 Gold Points

50% off Mario and Donkey Kong: Minis on the Move (3DS) – 50 Gold Points

40% off New Super Mario Bros. U (Wii U) – 160 Gold Points

50% off Metroid: Other M (Wii U) – 90 Gold Points

50% off Super Mario Galaxy (Wii U) – 90 Gold Points

Games

My Nintendo Picross – The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (3DS) – 1,000 Platinum Points

Super Mario 64 (Wii U) – 120 Gold Points

New Super Luigi U (Wii U) – 240 Gold Points

Pikmin 3 DLC (Wii U) – 30 Gold Points

WarioWare: Touched! (3DS) – 1,000 Platinum Points

Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins (3DS) – 50 Gold Points

Donkey Kong Country Returns (Wii U) – 320 Gold Points

Metroid: Fusion (Wii U) – 85 Gold Points

Super Punch-Out!! (Wii U) – 100 Gold Points

3DS Themes

My Nintendo Theme 1: Mario – 200 Platinum Points

My Nintendo Theme 2: Donkey Kong – 200 Platinum Points

There are also tasks/achievements to do to help you earn more coins.

MjQjiCi.png

Gold coin conversion rate seems the same as the Nintendo Network Premium Programme...

But the games seem to cost more than they otherwise would if you could just exchange your coins for cash, so it's not quite as good as it used to be sadly...

Really? They released Wario Ware Touched as a DSi game for this? That's really weird, especially when the game is already out on the Wii U VC, why not just offer that version?

What a shame that it's confined to your 3DS' internal memory. There's basically no space there at all.

Edited by Dcubed

What a shame that it's confined to your 3DS' internal memory. There's basically no space there at all.

Think that may be why it's just a reward and not for sale. It got retooled as DSiWare, but many games won't fit there.