NEurope
Hero-of-Time

My Nintendo ( Club Nintendo Successor )

Think that may be why it's just a reward and not for sale. It got retooled as DSiWare, but many games won't fit there.

Yeah, I can understand why, given that DSiWare games were only ever designed to run off internal memory and not SD Card. I know that Advance Wars Days of Ruin took up more or less the entire internal memory on its own when it was released in Japan! (That was really cool though; seen as how it never got a release there originally, despite actually having a full Japanese script locked away in the US/EU versions).

I was a bit concerned about Miitomo points being separate, but they can indeed be used with the Platinum Points, and things like Twilight Princess Picross can be purchased with a combination of both.

I tried to register my children's Nintendo Network IDs and found that you have to be at least 13 to have an account and you need parental permission to have an account from 13 to 18. (I was hoping to get them Flipnote 3D for their 3DS's.)

13 seems sensible for Miitomo because that is the age for social media generally - but does this point to an interesting wrinkle in for possible cross buy/accounts linked to machines in the future?

If children can't have a mynintendo account then presumably they will need to keep the Nintendo Network ID around permanently. If they do that will they continue with arcane account systems into the NX?

I was a bit concerned about Miitomo points being separate, but they can indeed be used with the Platinum Points, and things like Twilight Princess Picross can be purchased with a combination of both.

I think the miitomo points ARE platinum points, they're just Miitomo branded ones as opposed to the generic ones that are also available.

https://my.nintendo.com/about_point

This is great. :)

Click on the SMB block in the bottom right corner of the web page, then go click on your Mii a few times!

:hehe:

Loving the sound effects on this. :love:

This is great. :)

Click on the SMB block in the bottom right corner of the web page, then go click on your Mii a few times!

:hehe:

Loving the sound effects on this. :love:

Typical Nintendo! Love it

My bad :p

Full integration in the Nintendo UK site is pretty sweet

BFFB6D36-B6EE-4B85-8806-97F1F79D2B66_zpsszipf5fd.png

First impressions. The website is AWESOME!! Lots of love clearly went into it!

Discounts seem very nice as well. 40% off the likes of Splatoon and Yoshi's Wooly World is very nice! (Sham I already own those digitally...)

Awesome that the discounts apply in the UK Nintendo Store as well! :)

I'll take 50% off Metroid Other M though! Ta very much! :D

Love the site! It's cute, colourful and quirky. Standard Nintendo.

I've been holding off buying off the eShop for weeks now. Time to put that eShop credit to some use and complete some missions and earn some rewards!

on the purchase rewards... I wonder if redeeming a code for a game on the e-shop would count as having purchased it??

Just 75 coins until Zelda Picross!

on the purchase rewards... I wonder if redeeming a code for a game on the e-shop would count as having purchased it??

From what I hear, it does.

Edited by Serebii

Thought I'd mention it here but is there a proper Digital Store? Just being able to search games and download them is fine and such, but surely they'll ape the 3DS/WII U shops and have sale items, promote new stuff etc? SURELY!?!?!!

Thought I'd mention it here but is there a proper Digital Store? Just being able to search games and download them is fine and such, but surely they'll ape the 3DS/WII U shops and have sale items, promote new stuff etc? SURELY!?!?!!

Erm, why would it have "sale items"?

The digital store is the official website. From each game's page on the official website, you can just purchase the games and they'll automatically download to your system. That's the web "store"

Sorry, don't have time to check it now, but do we now get reward points for purchasing things on the eshop? Thx

Erm, why would it have "sale items"?

The digital store is the official website. From each game's page on the official website, you can just purchase the games and they'll automatically download to your system. That's the web "store"

Because their games go on sale, they have no releases? Like pretty much any online store, they replicate the store of the devices, and it's convenient. Why the hell wouldn't nintendo do this? These oversights are terrifying, nintendo still make baffling decisions even when they seem to have changed...

Like today, I want to download all the Fire Emblem games... I can't go on a sales tab or whatever, I have to search for each game... Mental.

On the other hand I went to the playstation web store and i can see perfectly what games are on sale and such...

Nintendo's website is painfully clumsy.

Just gone back and bought them, it's very quick on the buying front which is great. But it is shockingly bad, really hope they sort it out. It's actually incredibly difficult to even find it and know it's there; and when you are it's awfully implemented. Even so much that when you search fire emblem the games don't show up for pages and pages, you have to "fire emblem".... what are they thinking...?

It's so bad I'm thinking Im just be doing it wrong...

Yeah, I was very disappointed with this as well. I kept searching for a dedicated section for VC games ( was after FE and Star Fox 64 ) and eventually figured you had to just know what you were looking for and then search for it. Not a great way to do things and it also hinders any kind of impulse buying. I was honestly expecting a proper web based eShop.

as was I... I am hoping that they will fix the issues soon, I guess time will tell.

Yeah, I was very disappointed with this as well. I kept searching for a dedicated section for VC games ( was after FE and Star Fox 64 ) and eventually figured you had to just know what you were looking for and then search for it. Not a great way to do things and it also hinders any kind of impulse buying. I was honestly expecting a proper web based eShop.

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Search/Search-299117.html?q=&faf=GAME

Games > All Games on the navigation. Then you can filter by features, console, Virtual Console and so forth.

Then simply click the game and you can buy it there. You don't need to know what you're looking for, the search seems very in depth

I get that it's not like a Virtual Console hub page, but with the Virtual Console filter in the search, it's pretty similar.

Edited by Serebii

as was I... I am hoping that they will fix the issues soon, I guess time will tell.

Yeah, hopefully. As it stands it's a bit of a mess to navigate.