Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Nintendo Switch - Happy Switchmas Everyone!

Serebii

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5-8 hours battery would be insane, and sounds a bit unlikely, I was genuinely hoping for 4. I guess it'll depend if you're playing a game like Zelda or Box Boy

re: the Pro controller, Gamexplain did an interview with one of the actors from the tv ad, he's a big gamer and said that the Pro controller was easily the most comfortable he's ever played on, of any console.

Pretty crazy that we'll all be playing Switch in just three months time. Given the hugely positive reception it's gotten and all the buzz since it looks like Nintendo were smart to go with a short reveal to release window.

I'd have still loved an E3 blowout on the machine itself. They could have then released trailers for games as we got closer to release to keep the hype going.

...I'm not saying they were wrong in what they did of course. January will stir hype to crazy levels with the full reveal!

I'd have still loved an E3 blowout on the machine itself. They could have then released trailers for games as we got closer to release to keep the hype going.

...I'm not saying they were wrong in what they did of course. January will stir hype to crazy levels with the full reveal!

Yeah, it's funny to think there's a machine they never showed at E3 before launch.

I'm loving what I see more and more though - powerful hardware, impressive graphics, traditional controls, 3D Mario, Zelda, GC Virtual Console and (probably) analogue triggers. This has everything going for it.

I think we'll get a better view of how popular it could be after the January reveal. At the moment you ask most of the general public what the Nintendo Switch was they would of course have no idea.

It is nice though to see the gaming community able to get excited for a Nintendo console again. The games may not be drawing me in personally but I still like the look of the device (plus the GC games could be enough of a draw for me to get one at launch).

An E3 reveal where they're competing with the other two console makers for mindshare, and all the other games announced? In my opinion, far better to have their own day and get everybody talking about it and nothing else (and a few people talking about Red Dead). I think it was a very smart thing to do. Non core gaming consumers could easily have forgotten about it after a nine month wait, the shorter reveal > release means the buzz is amplified.

Great to see Nintendo actually demo this thing genuinely running some software on a TV show and getting the word out to people who might not necessarily be avid gamers that the information is coming next month.

Although I'm still critical on their choice to be so silent for such a long time, at least they're doing the key marketing to a decent standard.

An E3 reveal where they're competing with the other two console makers for mindshare, and all the other games announced? In my opinion, far better to have their own day and get everybody talking about it and nothing else (and a few people talking about Red Dead). I think it was a very smart thing to do. Non core gaming consumers could easily have forgotten about it after a nine month wait, the shorter reveal > release means the buzz is amplified.

Iirc the Treehouse event at E3 was the final major event to take place, so it competing for mindshare wouldn't be too much of an issue when you're the last flavour being tasted before a restaurant closes for the night.

Though I agree, they've played the long game thus far and it's worked, I'm just hoping they know how to ramp it into high gear when the time comes. For example, they spent $5 million on a Super Bowl ad for Pokémon last year; it wasn't even for a game, just to say it was the 20th Anniversary. Actually, Super Bowl could be a prime candidate for some ads this time around too.