NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Switch - Happy Switchmas Everyone!

Just me or is this slightly arousing...:blush:

Not just you.

Haven't heard of this tech until now...but I keep touching myself to that gif can't stop looking at this gif.

It would be incredible if it was though, could even be used for puzzles. A boss being able to remove your attack button - metal gear or eternal darkness would have a field day with that :)

Why do you think it's so expensive? They have a case which does it only cost 99dollars, and that tech is over a year old.

One plus is this actually looks premium and not cheap like the game pad. Something like this would get interest in the wider tech media.

NintendoLife's source is claiming that these pictures aren't legitimate :(

hQzxs43.gif

NintendoLife's source is claiming that these pictures aren't legitimate :(

Their source is the same guy that's already been posted in here. The guy who said his friend works at Nintendo Europe. The same who guy who said star fox was getting delayed. The same guy who said there was metroid Wii u.

What if this is legit just not the finished article but will be something like this?

No face buttons just seems crazy.

Their source is the same guy that's already been posted in here. The guy who said his friend works at Nintendo Europe. The same who guy who said star fox was getting delayed. The same guy who said there was metroid Wii u.

To be fair, he never said StarFox was getting delayed. He said it was in discussion. Let's not attribute false claims to him.

What I don't understand is why Nintendo would want to release another controller where you are looking at a screen when you can just use the TV.

This whole 2nd screen thing didn't work and not convinced about another version no matter if it's a slicker device.

Handheld is one thing but a home console repeating a 2nd screen concept which failed miserably the first time.

What I don't understand is why Nintendo would want to release another controller where you are looking at a screen when you can just use the TV.

This whole 2nd screen thing didn't work and not convinced about another version no matter if it's a slicker device.

Handheld is one thing but a home console repeating a 2nd screen concept which failed miserably the first time.

The concept of a second screen wasn't the issue with the Wii U, and they eventually made games that properly used it.

After two years they figured out how to take advantage of the USP of the console they made.

Sounds problematic to me.

After two years they figured out how to take advantage of the USP of the console they made.

Sounds problematic to me.

Don't forget that the main idea behind it was Off-TV Play before the other stuff.

The concept of a second screen wasn't the issue with the Wii U, and they eventually made games that properly used it.

I disagree.

I just don't think anything that asks you to take you eyes off the TV to look at a different screen and vice versa doesn't work.

Don't forget that the main idea behind it was Off-TV Play before the other stuff.

How often did they band around "asynchronous gameplay" during the build up to launch?

Sure Off-TV may have been a big part, but let's not pretend like that didn't design it to offer something unique and then kind of gave up for a while.

Which was ridiculous in an age when TVs are in every room

more images

YsGkiV7.jpg

if this gets the clip on grips it might be comfortable enough

I'm sorry, but if THAT's the NX controller, that's a bad design. I know it's SDK-related, but surely Nintendo can do better... The patents don't even do it for me, either.

Back to the drawing board, Nintendo!

:zzz:

Such an ugly controller for any console. No matter how expensive, or how "innovative" they're trying to be with this...

Which was ridiculous in an age when TVs are in every room

Yeah. Though every now and then its nice and convenient to curl up on the sofa and break away from the TV to the gamepad, I still didn't 'get' what the big, "people are going to go crazy for this!", idea was... People do that with their handheld devices. And if it was about having the whole family in one room where everyone is able to watch/play together, then I think that projection is fairly unrealistic.

When you buy a home console, you want the full scale; big screen, big speakers etc. If togetherness is so important for Nintendo, they need to focus on online.

That it's got a screen in the controller and is designed the way it is, is why I think it's a hybrid (it'll clip into grips for comfort when gaming from home)... as much as they hinted toward it not being. It's not like they'd come out and say "Yes. You're right, it's a hybrid".

That's if it's real (which I tend to believe it is).

The only time I enjoyed using the GamePad was with ZombiU. Every other game I felt it was just used for a map, or some gimmick I'd rather not have bothered with.

Off-TV play wasn't something I needed as I don't have children, have my own TV, and am old enough to do what the hell I want.

If this is not fake, there must be a good way to play it. They've must have tested it.... How big would the screen be (the main one) if this is a handheld?

They will have to do like they did with the Wii where you had a lot of places where their staff explained how it's used.

Edited by Kounan

My following comments only apply if this turns out to be real, obviously...

I think this is some kind of tragic joke, if this turns out to be their only/main controller. Like, really fucking silly.

- Creating an alternative to traditional buttons, likely an even more expensive thing than buttons, that don't work as well with games...is ridiculous. Like, meddling with stuff that doesn't need to be meddled with. We all know that buttons feel better than touch buttons, even with things like vibration enabled. Even if they use that strange new tech somebody posted where the buttons pop out, they still look like the kind of clicky buttons you see on the side of domestic appliances rather than proper gaming buttons.

- The shape of this thing looks totally unergonomic. No curved prongs to hold on to. This couldn't be more different from the most comfy ever controller, the gamecube's. The thing looks flat - while the edges are curved from one perspective, the thing is still a flat structure.

- Screen on the controller. Why..?

- Nubs. Freaking nubs. The bane of 3D games, particularly FPS games. No reason to have these over full size, large analogue sticks.

Some other thoughts -

- If there are more controllers (perhaps optional) to make up for the shortcomings of this one, then you have the same problems as they had with the Wii U, where there were several different controllers and the whole thing was a bit of a non-uniform mess. Not everyone had every controller and developers were left in a bit of a fix.

- If you need to buy attachable pieces to slot onto the controller, or even faff about doing that, you can see that putting off third party devs e.g. EA seeing as this as another quirky and niche device.

All in all I very much hope this is not true, or there is an alternative bundled in with the system.

Edited by Sheikah

The lack of a D-pad is what makes me suspicious of this. It's the iconic Nintendo design, I don't know why they'd get rid of it now.