NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Switch - Happy Switchmas Everyone!

These pictures have me pretty terrified. For the past few years, I've had problems with my fingers where I can't use my iPhone with my fingertips for more than a minute or so without them aching. Because of this, I'm stuck with using a stylus to use my phone for browsing / gaming (I'm using it to type this right now!) If the NX controller has touch screen buttons rather than something physical, I literally don't think I'll be able to play it without hurting myself. At this point, I can only pray it's a very good fake, or the console is well supported with a 'classic' controller. :(

If it's the Tactus technology then I'd be worried about the longevity of the controller. Seems like there'd be a lot that could go wrong if buttons keep appearing and disappearing, don't see how we'd get the usual robust device that we're used to Nintendo making.

I asked on Gaf and the poster who suggested it was Massimo replied

so he literally checked Ubisoft dev's first and got a close match

Man if its correct that is hilarious, now the Nintendo ninja's only need scale the walls and execute

Ubisoft were where all of the Wii U leaks came from. Wouldn't surprise me if they were responsible once again (the only thing that would surprise me is that Nintendo would be stupid enough to let them do it again :p )

I'm intrigued with the technology as Nintendo must believe they nailed it however PS4 sales show people are more than happy with a regular controller.

If you could clip on traditional buttons then it'd be okay I guess. Looks sleek but painful. And also, very unfriendly for children, which is fine by me but perhaps not great for Nintendo.

If there is one company that can pull off weird shit like this though, it's Nintendo

If there is one company that can pull off weird shit like this though, it's Nintendo

You would think so.

I've got a Macbook with a 'taptic' trackpad and it feels exactly the same as a normal one, I'm just not sure how that technology would work with more than one input on a surface.

My mac touchpad works great with more than one input on the surface... most of the time.

Yeah because Nintendo, or someone connected to them, would confirm it.

Yeah because Nintendo, or someone connected to them, would confirm it.

Not as an official confirmation you pill :p

I have an iPhone with 3D Touch, it's great for its use but in no way does it feel like a physic button, I just vibrates. . The trackpad on the Mac is slightly more impressive m, but it's replicating something so simple. Just don't see it being close to a reasonable alternative to buttons.

Worrying. Unless it's the handheld. And the main console comes with a controller.

Not as an official confirmation you pill :p

Do you really think someone would risk their job even in an unofficial capacity?

I've just seen the tweet you're referring to. It's very 'my uncle who works for Nintendo'.

Yep. I think their track record should allay some fears: the D-pad, shoulder buttons, analog sticks, the rumble pack, analog shoulder buttons, the Wii remote, Gamepad streaming (their own proprietary no-lag technology)...

I'm very intrigued, it could be very cool, and having adaptive interfaces for each game opens up a lot of doors.

My uncle who works at Nintendo confirmed to me it's real and said we should all bail while we can on Nintendo and jump ship to a company that knows what the fuck they're doing like Retro VGS

Do you really think someone would risk their job even in an unofficial capacity?

I've just seen the tweet you're referring to. It's very 'my uncle who works for Nintendo'.

From personal experience? Yes

That Tactus Company?

Could this mean something?

nice images

US08723832-20140513-D00002.png

3024742-poster-p-1-thiskeyboardiphone.gif

also Corey from the nintendo Treehouse team retweeted the neogaf thread, what could it all mean?

I'm loving the speculation

From personal experience? Yes

From this very same person who is currently refuting it?

You're forgetting that we're halfway through a generation. The core gamers already have their main console of choice. If this were the start of a console cycle then I'd absolutely agree with you.

I don't get this train of thought - People buy new things everyday. If a product is appealing people will buy it. Exclusive games - I only bought a PS1 for FF7, amidst my N64 and Dreamcast.

From this very same person who is currently refuting it?

You asked if someone would risk their job. In my experience, yes they do.

You asked if someone would risk their job. In my experience, yes they do.

Well yes I suppose if we're going to talk in very literal terms, someone would. Within the context of this conversation it should have been implied that it was specific to the details surrounding the release of a brand new console when supposed leaks are already in the air (meaning Nintendo is likely to crack down further on NDAs).

There's a difference between some Pokémon leaks and a brand new console.

While I'm still quite apprehensive about the whole thing, I'm strangely excited :yay:

I can't wait to tuck into the speculation and inevitable meltdowns in the coming days :grin:

Well yes I suppose if we're going to talk in very literal terms, someone would. Within the context of this conversation it should have been implied that it was specific to the details surrounding the release of a brand new console when supposed leaks are already in the air (meaning Nintendo is likely to crack down further on NDAs).

There's a difference between some Pokémon leaks and a brand new console.

You're right, there is a difference.

Pokémon games actually sell :p