NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Switch - Happy Switchmas Everyone!

Don't get me wrong, there's enough bluster around her as anyone else; but I still give her more a benefit of a doubt than most other folks due to her previous track record. I'm not sure she's been quite as on point in the last few years as I stopped following or paying attention; but it seems that she's certainly got a somewhat unique perspective on some aspects of the industry especially with a Nintendo focus. I don't know much about Laura Kate Dale but with the two corroborating each other so far they do seem somewhat credible sources for things.

Laura Kate Dale has nailed it with the switch leaks. Don't think anyone else has been as accurate.

If the first 12 months gives us 3D Mario + Zelda + Pokemon + Mario Kart + Splatoon + New IP + Retro Studios game + Pikmin 4 minimum then this device will be something else. Add in smaller titles and third party games and jeez that's one amazing first year of software.

Really would show they learnt from the droughts on previous hardware releases.

Can't wait to see the OS now and the account system.

Edited by liger05

I need a change of underwear.

(Pokémon?! What could that be...A 3D remake of Gen 1, maybe?)

Anything but that. I would happily let it be a port of Sun/Moon and eat all the crow in the world, let it be anything but that.

And it's going to be a spin-off, come on, man.

Wasn't the NBA game 2k sports and not EA.

The EA NBA game sucks and the switch doesn't need that at all.

That's a relief, I just assumed that all sport games were EA.

Anything but that. I would happily let it be a port of Sun/Moon and eat all the crow in the world, let it be anything but that.

One could argue anything since the first generation has been a spin off as they pale in comparison.

I would have thought it would be a console version of GO. Surely they want to tap into that userbase. I don't know the numbers but hasn't GO been downloaded 200 million times or something crazy like that. They only need 1% of them to buy a Switch to make it more than worthwhile.

I would have thought it would be a console version of GO. Surely they want to tap into that userbase. I don't know the numbers but hasn't GO been downloaded 200 million times or something crazy like that. They only need 1% of them to buy a Switch to make it more than worthwhile.

They could have it like GO but with gym battles like Pokken.

One could argue anything since the first generation has been a spin off as they pale in comparison.

Oooh careful, wouldn't want you to cut yourself on all that edge now, would we?

They could have it like GO but with gym battles like Pokken.

Or a better idea, take that suggestion, remove anything to do with GO, and release that instead.

Nah, they're already doing a follow-up to GO. It's called Pokemon Sun/Moon and I know it's a follow up because it said so on the bus advert.

Still feels utterly gross.

GO relies on mobile network data. The switch isn't going to have sim card support.

Go does just fine on mobile and I don't think Nintendo need to blur the lines having a title like that on its hardware when they instead can release proper Pokémon games which are far more profitable to Nintendo:

http://gematsu.com/2016/11/pokemon-sun-moon-worldwide-initial-shipments-top-10-million

Worldwide initial shipments for Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon have topped 10 million copies, Nintendo announced.

The number is the highest ever recorded for 3DS software.

Emily just tweeted Eurogamer will have more switch news tomorrow.

Edited by liger05

FUCKING YES!!!

[tweet]799376414029987841[/tweet]

Please happen!

Now before you go too mental, it could be just a copyright protection maneuver.

Temper your expectations, people!

Temper your expectations, people!

No.. we won't! This is a franchise I want to return as much as, if not more so than, any other..

Believe the dream :love:

Edited by nekunando

A copyright maneuver for a franchise that came out about 15 years ago? Nah - fully on-board the hype train! choo choo muhfuckers!! :santa:

Laura Kate Dale posted earlier that Eurogamer will be posting a Switch leak on Friday, while she herself has a report on a Ubisoft project for Switch that she'll post soon.

FUCKING YES!!!

Please happen!

Been waiting for so long.

Right, OK. Well, don't say I didn't warn you.

I hope your hype is well placed.

Hmmm will there be any surprises left by January? I hope the Eurogamer leak tomorrow isn't a big one.

Can't really get excited for Wave Race as I didn't have an N64 at that time and only ever played Mario 64 and F-Zero X at a friend's. ::shrug:

Still, if this turns out to be a new installment of a series that is loved by many apparently, it's definitely a good thing :)

Hmmm will there be any surprises left by January? I hope the Eurogamer leak tomorrow isn't a big one.

Nah bring on all the leaks now. Nintendo was never gonna be able to keep things under wraps for so long.

FUCKING YES!!!

Please happen!

Ah, a brand new Mario Kart race track, eh?

You heard it here first, folks! :heh:

It's clearly going to be a Mii game using the Wii Remotes to see which of two teams can complete a Mexican wave first.

According to the leaks, Ubisoft are developing a Mario RPG / Rabbids crossover. The game is currently planned for launch.

http://letsplayvideogames.com/2016/11/report-ubisoft-developing-rabbids-mario-crossover-rpg-for-switch-launch-day/

Some key quotes:

"According to both of our sources at Ubisoft and Nintendo, on the day the Switch launches, it’ll launch alongside a new Ubisoft-developed turn based RPG, with the name suggesting it will be a crossover of the Raving Rabbids and Mario series.

The game, whose formal title has not yet been confirmed but is currently under the working title “Mario RPG: Invasion of the Rabbids”, is being developed under the watchful monitoring of Nintendo, ensuring that it both hits launch day and that it conforms to Nintendo’s own internal specifications for how Mario characters and iconography should be presented."

"The title is going to be one of the cornerstone trailers shown when Nintendo details the system further in January. Nintendo intends to pitch the project to consumers as a Mario RPG project in collaboration with Ubisoft, in spite of Ubisoft doing most of the work on development"