NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Switch - Happy Switchmas Everyone!

I just logged into Experian and checked your credibility rating = 0

I will be shamelessly "borrowing" this :laughing:

:( was told things by separate people who I trust and haven't steered me wrong which all matched up, then got told something different by another who I also trust so now I don't know what to believe

Then just tell us how it is, like that ^, don't speak in riddles and act like a smug know-it-all.

Then just tell us how it is, like that ^, don't speak in riddles and act like a smug know-it-all.

Serebii has been wrong multiple times in the past, but he's also been right on things and to be honest, given his involvement in the Pokemon community, he's at least bound to hear some shit from someone who knows what they're talking about.

This kind of attitude doesn't foster good conversation. I'd rather Serebii come out with his guess that he's heard on the grapevine and we all have a giggle (or sensible chuckle, your choice) when it's wrong. Like come on, what have we got to lose? We aren't hearing shit from any one right now and it's just a little bit of entertainment to keep us occupied from the fact we have no fucking idea what's going on at Nintendo.

Edited by Rummy

A little banter when Serebii is wrong is fine...

...Serebii has been wrong multiple times in the past, but he's also been right on things and to be honest, given his involvement in the Pokemon community, he's at least bound to hear some shit from someone who knows what they're talking about.

This kind of attitude doesn't foster good conversation. I'd rather Serebii come out with his guess that he's heard on the grapevine and we all have a giggle (or sensible chuckle, your choice) when it's wrong. Like come on, what have we got to lose? We aren't hearing shit from any one right now and it's just a little bit of entertainment to keep us occupied from the fact we have no fucking idea what's going on at Nintendo.

Calling Ronnie that is pretty harsh, TBH.

I think the way Serebii handled the situation was in bad form. It was the equivalent of a child in a school yard shouting "Nyah nyah nyah nyah nyah. I know something you don't know." Had he simply come on here and said "Guys, I have people/sources that have said this week could be the week." then I think it could have caused some excitement. Instead what we have is forum members who probably feel they've just been teased needlessly, which is the last thing you want when people are so hungry for NX news.

I agree with your other statement. I said the very same thing to another forum member earlier today. Given Serebii's position and website there is no doubt he hears rumblings from other outlets, whether people like this or not. It's just the nature of the business he is in. It's no different than someone like Emily Rogers posting bits and bobs.

In summary, Serebii no doubt has people/sources telling him things but I think in the future it would be best to either remain silent or act with a little more thought and dignity about how best to present the information. : peace:

Edited by Rummy

To be fair, I wasn't trying to do the nyah nyah, I was trying to build hype because something may finally be happening :/

I guess I went about it the wrong way.

To be fair, I wasn't trying to do the nyah nyah, I was trying to build hype because something may finally be happening :/

I feel that's all it was.

I appreciate, as I'm sure others do, any rumours that you may hear but I think being open or upfront about them is better than teasing. If sources need to be protected then it's probably best to not mention anything at all. : peace:

Still, let's hope that the people who said this week would have something NX related are right. If not then no biggie. We've waited this long and we will continue to wait until Nintendo decide to drop the news.

Guys, I heard that we might be getting some news this week.

This kind of attitude doesn't foster good conversation.

Resorting to name calling like that does nothing to help it either, but I can't deal with this too much right now. Next time get in touch with a mod etc if you've got an issue. I've edited the posts which is about as much as I can do right now, points made and seen.

Now let's carry on and keep it civil please.

For you, I'll say that you'd do well to learn your lesson and not let it happen again; you can't behave like that then just cry 'oh noes im sorry' every time you get called out. I'm sure some would agree that this isn't exactly new behaviour. Besides which it wasn't even just one post - you repeatedly did it in the face of other people's posts. You've either got to be seriously clueless, or seriously arrogant - take your pick.

---------------------------------

Hell, you haven't even made it the whole bloody week either, and now because everyone's made it so serious and you've already backpeddalled I don't even get the joy of telling you how wrong you might be too. Fun totally ruined.

If anything does come this week and you dare to smug about it after, I'm personally letting the (civil) fury of the thread have you like a piece of meat to the (relatively civil) sharks. Think maybe Nemo/Dory level of Sharks. Those are the kind of sharks I would like the rest of you to try and be.

Edited by Rummy

Guys, I heard that we might be getting some news this week.

But I heard that we might not be getting some news this week...

But I heard that we might not be getting some news this week...

Damn it, at first I hadn't seen the 'not' in your posts and I was going to say that I also heard it at GAME...

< [MOD EDIT by Rummy] : I edited the language out of the original post for a reason, but well done in ignoring that and repeating yourself in this post. Infraction issued for it. Whilst I don't wish to dismiss the point of this post and will leave it here, the point could have been made without using the same language again. >

Calling Ronnie that is pretty harsh, TBH.

I think the way Serebii handled the situation was in bad form. It was the equivalent of a child in a school yard shouting "Nyah nyah nyah nyah nyah. I know something you don't know." Had he simply come on here and said "Guys, I have people/sources that have said this week could be the week." then I think it could have caused some excitement. Instead what we have is forum members who probably feel they've just been teased needlessly, which is the last thing you want when people are so hungry for NX news.

I agree with your other statement. I said the very same thing to another forum member earlier today. Given Serebii's position and website there is no doubt he hears rumblings from other outlets, whether people like this or not. It's just the nature of the business he is in. It's no different than someone like Emily Rogers posting bits and bobs.

In summary, Serebii no doubt has people/sources telling him things but I think in the future it would be best to either remain silent or act with a little more thought and dignity about how best to present the information. : peace:

Resorting to name calling like that does nothing to help it either, but I can't deal with this too much right now. Next time get in touch with a mod etc if you've got an issue. I've edited the posts which is about as much as I can do right now, points made and seen.

Now let's carry on and keep it civil please.

I get where you guys are coming from, I really do, that's why I tried to go with the angle of "acting like a c***" instead of straight up calling him a c***. Guess it didn't have the desired effect.

My apologies, I'm just at the end of my fucking rag of coming in this thread and seeing Ronnie act the way he does and the bitch and moan about how negative the place is. Admittedly there is the option of just muting him, but that kind of affects the continuity of some of the posts and rules out the possibility of us engaging on positive terms when he does contribute in a reasonable manner (which he does mostly do).

In regards to H-o-T's post though, maybe the reason Serebii doesn't want to post the particulars is because we get a certain few users who go a bit too far and slag off his credibility at the slightest mistake? I've done it myself in the past, but come on, let's just keep it to banter.

This reveal can't come soon enough, that way we can get about arguing over real things that matter, like the lack of voice chat.

Edited by Rummy

My favourite pastime at the mo is asking Nintendo about the NX at every opportunity... here's my favourite...

[tweet]786265188798439425[/tweet]

[tweet]786306982168956929[/tweet]

Brilliant @kav82. :D

I bet a lot of Nintendo employees are getting just as sick as we are. They are constantly getting hounded for NX info at every available opportunity. During the NES Classic stream the other day the chat section of the Twitch broadcast was just people wanting answers about the NX. Very few people seemed interested in the actual product they were showing and stuff like #FreeNX #WeWantNX #WheresNX was constantly getting posted.

Being a Nintendo employee must be hell right now, but when you look at the situation as whole, Nintendo have been very smart to let it boil to this point as everyone in the gaming world is curious as fuck to know what exactly it is.

Taken from GAF

http://www.gameblog.fr/news/62928-j-...-nx-ses-premie [fr]

So this is very heavily using "should be" and "might be", but it's worth a translation:

- He says he's only sharing stuff multiple sources have confirmed

- "Sure about 20 games in development"

- Their sources are currently developing on the platform and have devkits

- "You'll be able to verify these leaks very soon" but not aware of the actual reveal date

- Nintendo hasn't shared all of the NX "gimmicks" with their dev yet

- Hybrid confirmed but not the only "surprise"

- He's been confirmed there are detachable controllers

- No real dock where you plug the handheld, but a wireless 'dongle' upscaling for the TV

- Handheld game is the same as the "docked" game

- Games look good on the handheld screen (780 - 900p), about PS4 level

- Ports should be easy despite the different architecture

- Very positive feedback on the dev tools

- Breath of the Wild looks nicer on NX (duh)

- Smartphone connectivity maybe possible

- VR not out of the question but first tests aren't satisfying.

- Lots of remasters planned (Skyward Sword, MK8, Splatoon, Smash, N64 and Wii games)

- FFXV and FFVII Remake are coming to NX

- Platinum Games and Capcom are in

- Ubisoft in (BG&E 2 discussed but not confirmed, Splinter Cell and a Yoshi / Rabbid Rabbits crossover being discussed too)

- Lots of remasters planned (Skyward Sword, MK8, Splatoon, Smash, N64 and Wii games)

- FFXV and FFVII Remake are coming to NX

- Platinum Games and Capcom are in

Please good lawd... Thats that hype juice right there.

Would prefer to have new content than remasters but a lot of the top part of that list is very interesting!

Games look good on the handheld screen (780 - 900p), about PS4 level

Can't see see this. Would need a nuclear power battery surely.

Another day, another set of rumours.

I'd actually be okay with all of this. Kinda expecting the handheld to come with a TV streaming dongle and the HYPE 9,000% POWER DOCK to release later.

Games look good on the handheld screen (780 - 900p), about PS4 level

Can't see see this. Would need a nuclear power battery surely.

It comes with an arc reactor.