NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Switch - Happy Switchmas Everyone!

Forget nicotine, we should have Nintendo patches. We all have to stay strong together until it makes more sense to buy the console.

I just... can't!

'For all of Nintendo's faults

I still love their games

Here's the money for their vaults

So...

...just hook it to my veins!'

:p

Just over six weeks to go!

Very true. But "quality of their games" for me is the best reason to buy a console.

Very true. But "quality of their games" for me is the best reason to buy a console.

Let's hope there's enough there for the mass market then (unless you plan on buying a few million Switch units :D)

Watching now.
Watching now too, and OMG I love how close the Wario and Waluigi bets actually came :D So perfect.

Watching now too, and OMG I love how close the Wario and Waluigi bets actually came :D So perfect.

I watched it a little earlier and it's.. controversial :eek: Chilling..

Let's hope there's enough there for the mass market then (unless you plan on buying a few million Switch units :D)

High sales is not always indicative of a quality game/product, especially where the mass market is concerned.

I watched it a little earlier and it's.. controversial :eek: Chilling..

You weren't wrong. :D I didn't agree with the double bet ruling.

Bah! Blood doesn't give in to this persona as much as the others. Hopefully he will ham it up more now that he's champ.

The diorama thing will be hilarious. Can't wait. :laughing:

High sales is not always indicative of a quality game/product, especially where the mass market is concerned.

No but it is a pretty good indicator of whether your preferred console is going to be dropped by developers like a hot scone.

You weren't wrong. :D I didn't agree with the double bet ruling.

Bah! Blood doesn't give in to this persona as much as the others. Hopefully he will ham it up more now that he's champ.

The diorama thing will be hilarious. Can't wait. :laughing:

OMG that was just too good.

The way the format played out was perfect, with the pricing bets coming second to last and then the doubling down.

That Damiani ruling :laughing:

The appearance at the end was great though. And Dino Crisis. Great piiiiiick.

I've been going through the thread and just reading the old rumours and peoples reactions and thoughts.

Emily Rogers was certainly on the money with most of this.

Custom Nvidia GPU chip

Region Free (No region lock)

Six inch (6.2 inch?) multi-touch screen (Heard nothing about a stylus)

The touchscreen has 720p resolution. <— 100% Confirmed.

32GB of built-in internal storage

SD card support

Supports USB 2.0 and 3.0

The dock has two 2.0 usb ports and one 3.0 usb port.

The device is around 14 – 15 mm in thickness.

The right analogue stick will be below the face buttons.

Camera and microphone are not built into the NX portable device.

Cooling is still a little noisy

Detachable controllers (motion controls and next-gen vibration technology) <– Everything Laura Kate Dale said in her article was correct.

Share / Social button that Laura Kate Dale posted is true.

There are at least two shoulder buttons. I haven’t heard anything yet about triggers.

Battery Life — Ehhh not great. I haven’t heard an exact number of hours, but it doesn’t sound great.

Below PS4 and XB1 in raw power.

Supports Unreal Engine 4 and Unity Engine.

The HD Rumble was in front of us all this time.

@King_V you said this just after the rumour was posted.

Sounds like a bit of a hot mess if you ask me.

32gb storage? :blush: Surely it comes bundled with 64gig SD card or something? Not really a fan of the annoying little extra expenses.

You've certainly changed your tune/had a change of heart. :p

This is a nice video, taking the positive from the presentation as an idea o looking into the future for Nintendo.

A rebuttal of Jim Sterlings video. Maybe a little on the 'too positive' side, but still a good counter point. They both have good points. But I do agree with what he is hinting at the beginning. Sterling is a complete tool!!! *sometimes* I find him funny, but he's also staggeringly irritating and quite vile. (Particularly like this guys line of when he moves towards character more than content - very very true)

Just seen this, great video, I'd definitely recommend others watch.

I know I said I was being sensible to wait but I may pop into Smyths this afternoon to see if I can put a preorder down without a deposit just in case I do decide to cave.. which I might :red:

I preordered from amazon, then cancelled. Then it sold out, and I felt a bit of PSVR deja vu. So I put another pre-order on Nintendo. IMO, best to have the pre-order you can cancel within the next 6 weeks, than decide you want it and not be able to.

Info about the screen shipments and who is making them.

If Nintendo Co. finds success with its videogame console, Switch, it could brighten the future not only of Nintendo but also of Japan Display Inc., a struggling display maker that won the contract to make the Switch’s screens.

People familiar with the matter said Nintendo picked Japan Display as the exclusive supplier of the Switch’s 6.2-inch touch-sensitive liquid-crystal display. The Switch, which can be used both as a stationary console and a hand-held player on the go, is to go on sale globally March 3.

The contract calls for Japan Display to supply three million screens in an initial batch, and the company is gearing up to ship slightly more than 10 million units by the end of this year, the people said. However, the latter figure is subject to change depending on sales, they said. Spokesmen for Nintendo and JDI declined to comment.

Nintendo has said it would ship two million Switch units in its first month on the market.

People familiar with the deal said it probably wouldn’t contribute much to JDI’s profit, at least initially. The company’s fortunes remain tied to smartphone makers, including Apple Inc., that buy more expensive display panels in far-larger quantities.

That's really weird. First time they've not used a display from Sharp since the GBA I believe.

Probably got a hell of a deal on it, given that Japan Display haven't been doing too hot recently. Either way, from what I hear, the display is of fantastic quality (in terms of colour gamut, motion, viewing angle etc), so they clearly made a good choice there :)

Edited by Dcubed

As long as there's almost zero chance of dead pixels on the screen, I'm happy. :)

Funnily enough, Japan Display is actually a joint venture between Sony, Toshiba and Hitachi; so you can kinda say that it's a Sony display ;)

£50 for new just announced DualShock4s for a three year old console. Suddenly £60 for the Switch Pro sounds about right.

£50 for new just announced DualShock4s for a three year old console. Suddenly £60 for the Switch Pro sounds about right.

I dunno, to me both sound too expensive, haha.

I see a little more value for money with the additional JoyCons as for some games they're not just one additional controller, they're two!

Living in a house of 4, this increases their value for money greatly for me.

I'd still want a Pro Controller though.

Yeah I'm not a fan of controller prices in general these days. My big problem with the Nintendo ones though is that its for something that you don't get standard with the system.

Two wrongs don't make a right...

Nice, smaller than 3DS carts then, but slightly thicker. :)