NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Switch - Happy Switchmas Everyone!

I thought @Ashley had confirmed they were analogue just no where near as deep as the GameCube triggers, a tiny amount of give, but analogue nonetheless, no? What about on the pro-controller? Can anyone who attended confirm anything?

To clarify I said there is something there but unable to confirm if its an analogue trigger and was unable to get an answer at the event.

The L/R buttons are clearly digital and the ZL/ZR are not quite the same.

The problem for me is that I just doubt I'll be playing any games that'll really use the HD rumble. I hate motion control games (my heart sank when they started with those!)

Saying that though, I don't particularly mind it being there for everyone else. I just hope devs don't try and shoehorn it in. I don't want the Switch being another gimmick console.

I'm the same. It's what makes the price of the controllers and console a bitter pill to swallow because I'm having to pay for something I won't use and generally dislike.

I'm the same. It's what makes the price of the controllers and console a bitter pill to swallow because I'm having to pay for something I won't use and generally dislike.

This sounds like a 3DS or Wii U conversation again :D

After the initial disappointment I'm back t being mega excited. Ordered an extra pair of joy cons because I couldn't decide whether to get grey or the coloured ones... Having read more and watched far far too many youtube videos, it seems with regards to the console and games it's all mega positive - it's the prices, worrying online potential and lack of launch games and 3rd parties) that people seem to hate. Understandable. Nintendo really fucked up the messaging on this. If they came out and said they are releasing a few titles at launch and having steady releases which they'll announce at a later time, I think we'd be fine. I almost wish they said NOTHING about online until they could tell us everything. Prices... well... That is just bizarre.

Ultimately though, Zelda could be one o the best games every and looks far far superior on the switch (anyone seen the comparison videos?), snupperclips looks amazing, bomber man looks great and more and more I think if Arms has a single player campaign and far more characters than that could be fanatstic.

Even FAST sounds great, it's meant to have 30 new tracks in the game and runs at 1080p 6FPS solidly. 60 tracks in total. It's decent! Then Mario Kart, I can play at work, it sounds great!

I thought @Ashley had confirmed they were analogue just no where near as deep as the GameCube triggers, a tiny amount of give, but analogue nonetheless, no? What about on the pro-controller? Can anyone who attended confirm anything?

To clarify I said there is something there but unable to confirm if its an analogue trigger and was unable to get an answer at the event.

The L/R buttons are clearly digital and the ZL/ZR are not quite the same.

To me, the L/R buttons didn't feel analogue at all. There definitely wasn't enough travel in them to give the impression of "proper" analogue. Maybe they'll be pressure sensitive, but I wouldn't hold much hope of having precise control over acceleration in racing games etc.

This was also true for the pro controller. All control inputs were very consistent in terms of feel/features etc, so I don't think any control method offers anything that the others don't.

To me, the L/R buttons didn't feel analogue at all. There definitely wasn't enough travel in them to give the impression of "proper" analogue. Maybe they'll be pressure sensitive, but I wouldn't hold much hope of having precise control over acceleration in racing games etc.

This was also true for the pro controller. All control inputs were very consistent in terms of feel/features etc, so I don't think any control method offers anything that the others don't.

This damn company always manage to disappoint somehow. A complete brainless decision.

It's annoyihng, but I literally can't remember the last time I used analogue triggers...

Taken from a Gaf thread.

Daedalic Entertainment announces State of Mind coming also to Nintendo Switch

The game was originally announced at E3 2016 for PC, PS4 and Xbox One. Two days ago, the official FB page of the company announced it'll be released on Nintendo Switch as well

https://www.facebook.com/daedalic/ph...type=3&theater

In case you're interested, here's the trailer from E3 2016 (of course, PC/PS4/One versions footage)

I use them in racing games, but I don't think I'd miss them too much on the Switch. Nintendo has never really been the home of decent racing (actual racing, not karts) games anyway.

I'd really like to own a Switch, there's just not enough there for me currently to justify the price.

I use them in racing games, but I don't think I'd miss them too much on the Switch. Nintendo has never really been the home of decent racing (actual racing, not karts) games anyway.

I'd really like to own a Switch, there's just not enough there for me currently to justify the price.

But doesn't not having them mean th chance of racing games on the platform decreases even more?

Also what does it mean for GC games on VC?

After the initial disappointment I'm back t being mega excited. Ordered an extra pair of joy cons because I couldn't decide whether to get grey or the coloured ones... Having read more and watched far far too many youtube videos, it seems with regards to the console and games it's all mega positive - it's the prices, worrying online potential and lack of launch games and 3rd parties) that people seem to hate. Understandable. Nintendo really fucked up the messaging on this. If they came out and said they are releasing a few titles at launch and having steady releases which they'll announce at a later time, I think we'd be fine. I almost wish they said NOTHING about online until they could tell us everything. Prices... well... That is just bizarre.

Ultimately though, Zelda could be one o the best games every and looks far far superior on the switch (anyone seen the comparison videos?), snupperclips looks amazing, bomber man looks great and more and more I think if Arms has a single player campaign and far more characters than that could be fanatstic.

Even FAST sounds great, it's meant to have 30 new tracks in the game and runs at 1080p 6FPS solidly. 60 tracks in total. It's decent! Then Mario Kart, I can play at work, it sounds great!

This is kind of how I have been with it since the announcement tbh.

During the presentation I was really excited, but then after I felt a little flat.

Since then, there has been a lot of positivity coming from people who actually got to play the games. How much they liked the console itself, how well it seems to be built.

Seeing YouTube vids of them docking / undocking and the screen just turning off and switching onto the display is amazing.

I also love the idea of this HD rumble.

It's something I literally cannot wait to try out for myself and just hope that we see some good uses for it.

I have kept my preorder and am now just wondering what kind of infrastructure we will see with the online.

What kind of third party support, whether there will be an achievement / trophy system (this is quite a big one for me. Not for everyone i know, but I would just love to see something included in this console so it didn't feel like the Switch version was missing out).

Lots of questions have been left unanswered, or not even talked about at all.

But after initially deterring me, I am now going to keep my preorder and just stick with it. Worst comes to worst we might get ambassador games :blush:!

But doesn't not having them mean th chance of racing games on the platform decreases even more?

Also what does it mean for GC games on VC?

Yeah, but I've never had high hopes/expectations of racing games on Nintendo consoles, so I'm not really disappointed.

Which GC games require analogue triggers? I can't actually remember any that do, although I'll admit my GC knowledge is pretty limited.

To be fair though, I already own all the GC games I want on the actual GC, so it's not a real drawback to me.

The more I think about it, the more I really do want a Switch. I've always seen it as an upgrade to the 3DS rather than the new home console, so all these drawbacks aren't really an issue to me, since the 3DS didn't have half the stuff anyway. The only issues that are a major hurdle for me is the price and the software lineup.

The problem for me is that I just doubt I'll be playing any games that'll really use the HD rumble. I hate motion control games (my heart sank when they started with those!)

Saying that though, I don't particularly mind it being there for everyone else. I just hope devs don't try and shoehorn it in. I don't want the Switch being another gimmick console.

But I foresee the HD rumble being used to some effect in non-casual games too. For example in Zelda, a boulder rolling behind you from left to right could equal feeling the vibrations from left to right as well... Or even just for gauging things like the strength of an attack is a brilliant feature for me.

But I foresee the HD rumble being used to some effect in non-casual games too. For example in Zelda, a boulder rolling behind you from left to right could equal feeling the vibrations from left to right as well... Or even just for gauging things like the strength of an attack is a brilliant feature for me.

Good point, but is it worth driving up the cost of the controllers for? I'm honestly not sure it is. I absolutely loved the feel of it, but I wouldn't be gutted if it wasn't used.

Sorry if this has already been asked.

Regarding the pro controller.

Is it powered by batteries or is it rechargeable?

If it is rechargeable, is it USB C?

And also does it come with a recharge cable (I'd hope so for the £60 cost of it)?

I'm really hyped about the Switch and all, but finding any kind of technical information is a bit of a pain.

I had to go to a fan site to find out that the pro controller included NFC.

Good point, but is it worth driving up the cost of the controllers for? I'm honestly not sure it is. I absolutely loved the feel of it, but I wouldn't be gutted if it wasn't used.

I think it depends on its application - using it in the way I described, for me, is akin to the inclusion of the rear speakers in surround sound - which is the type of immersion I prefer in my games. Justified for me.

See for me, I dont think I would ever care if even normal rumble was removed from controllers. Its not a feature I've ever cared about.

I'm the same, i'm hyped for the console, i'm just very deflated on price and I hate to lay blame but those leaks were convincing and given how tight money is right now It seemed too good to be true

I won't pre-order but I intendto trade in somethings and get one close too it

After the initial disappointment I'm back to being mega excited..

Although I haven't preordered the console, my mood is changing the more I see :smile:

Most of my negative feelings came as a result of the poor presentation and how many of the things I wanted to see never came to light. My time has been really limited due to work and other commitments this weekend but I'm finally getting the opportunity to take in some impressions and detailed footage of the hardware.

The console actually looks very impressive and seeing everything that's packed into the unit and controllers, the price actually doesn't seem that unfair even if I'm discouraged at the thought of paying it :heh:

The games shown didn't get me particularly hyped but my feeling on that is that they're hopefully holding several announcements back in order to have an impressive showing at E3. If they'd revealed the games now, people may have complained of E3 just repeating what we'd already been shown.

I'm definitely excited to find out more about the console and actually hope that seeing more will actually make me cave in the coming months and order it! The blue and red joy-cons look really cool :grin:

The Rumble Pak was an additional cost but we all look back at it fondly with the enhanced feeling of immersion it gave us.

Didn't the rumble pack come free with Lylat Wars?

Didn't the rumble pack come free with Lylat Wars?

I think it did, but at the times when N64 software were at extortionate prices.

I'm the same, I felt very deflated after the conference but as time passes and as the impressions build my mood has definitely changed to excited again. Just wish the prices were lower and there were more games. It's a huge shame they couldn't build on the incredible hype of the reveal trailer. Maybe they will over the coming weeks...