NEurope
Ike

Fire Emblem Fates

I'm seeing many Fire Emblem titles on shelves, but which is the latest (and best) version? Excuse my ignorance.

All of which you're seeing is the latest. They're like Pokemon now. But if you only want to pick one, I'm told Birthright is the easiest in terms of experience gained.

All of which you're seeing is the latest. They're like Pokemon now. But if you only want to pick one, I'm told Birthright is the easiest in terms of experience gained.

Takk! But whats the difference between all games exactly then?

Takk! But whats the difference between all games exactly then?

Here's the gist of it. Essentially, they're two different games set in the same country/continent, and each version follows a different side of the main conflict. DLC allows you to get the other version for half the price, if you wish (and even, eventually, a third campaign).

For beginners to the series, Birthright may be easier, as it allows you to grind for EXP, whereas Conquest doesn't (following more the traditional Fire Emblem formula)

It's also entirely likely you saw a game called "Fire Emblem Awakening". That's just a standalone game that has nothing to do with Fire Emblem Fates, and works just as well for beginners.

So the maps dlc, is this as slight as it sounds?

I'm sort of tempted but don't quite see the point of it.

So Birthright chapter 12... I cleared it in 3 turns, but should I have done? Feels like you miss out on a load of EXP.

So Birthright chapter 12... I cleared it in 3 turns, but should I have done? Feels like you miss out on a load of EXP.

Which one is chapter 12 again?

Which one is chapter 12 again?

The map with King Garon on the field and Xander shows up and you need to get to the escape point with Corrin.

I replayed the map and got the Hammer and the chest item and then escaped. I don't think the map in winnable since your out powered.

The map with King Garon on the field and Xander shows up and you need to get to the escape point with Corrin.

I replayed the map and got the Hammer and the chest item and then escaped. I don't think the map in winnable since your out powered.

Ah right yeah

I ended up getting the main character to the escape point but not using it while I went around the rest of the map attacking people.

Some people on reddit were suggesting that if you built up enough levels earlier in the game (possibly with grinding the scouting option) then you could actually beat Xander and Garon on this level - although not in a game changing way. I killed everyone else except Xander and Garon. Interestingly on normal Xander does not move, but on hard he does. I kept having to bait him in one direction with a flying character and then switch him back to the other by moving out of range.

Also, this is a bit cheap:

The fact that if you don't have an A ranking between Corrin and Kaze that he dies at the end of the level in a cut scene. I happened to notice this when looking up something unrelated so managed to save him in mine.

Had a lucky victory in chapter 13 with a clutch Dragon Fang activating and finished

Camilla

Otherwise I would have been banking on a 65% chance to hit with Mozu.

Anyone know when the best time to recruit

The child units? I've had Kana's prologue available for ages.

Bump!

Getting to the end of Birthright now, but I have played a bit of revelations to help out my daughter.

Made me realise the answer to your question @S\.C\.G - started playing yet? :p

As am I, thank you again for this. :)

I will soon, the game is sat in front of me sealed for now but as soon as I've caught up with reviews I will be right on it, I promise. : peace:

I can't wait to start playing, these next few days will be tough but I'm lucky to have the game so it will be played and appreciated. :D

Even though this was just over two weeks ago...

@S\.C\.G - started playing yet? :p

...I haven't yet. :(

But I feel like I'm back in-sync with my review patterns now so, hopefully over the next few days I'll finally start playing. :)

Made me realise the answer to your question @Ike:

The child levels scale in difficulty depending on how far through the game you are, but the level of the child does not. I played the one for Ryoma's child (just before the last level of revelation) where you have to rescue him/her and they will die every time on the first turn because they are level 20 unpromoted and the enemies are all level 18/20 promoted.

So basically it's best to get them straight away? What if you want them to inherit specific skills?

So basically it's best to get them straight away? What if you want them to inherit specific skills?

I think it's just that paralogue that presents that problem, apparently you can get around it by flying near enough to them on Turn 1 and using Rescue.

It doesn't matter when you do the paralogues, as they scale in difficulty as you progress during the game, and each kid you recruit comes with a seal to bring them up to a similar power level to their parents. So you can either train them up yourself, which is tricky to do on Conquest with the lack of grinding opportunities, or give them a bit of a helping hand. There's no way you're going to build up all the supports before reaching the final battle, realistically, unless you're putting getting the kids ahead of the main story, which is really only possible in Birthright/Revelation.

Speaking of the main story, I've just completed Revelation! All three now done! 70 hours in total so far, and still all of the kids to recruit! It's kinda a shame that relationships/My castle don't carry across the different versions, so making Revelation the "main" file and will see how many of the relationships I can be bothered to build up.

In that case I think you have to wait to get the correct parents, I suppose.

If the paralogue is already open though, you have already committed to their skills and so you might as well play it immediately.

There seems to be a way to 'buy' skills from the castle (and you can get a discount if you scan the internet and fight another persons castle).

On Ryoma's child one you can fly and use rescue, but that still puts your stave user in harms way, where it is very difficult to get others into the fight. If you are playing on classic and you leave the level too late (such that the child cannot survive more than one turn) then getting him and preventing anyone else from dying can be very tricky.

Edited by peterl0

Absolutely loving this game. Doing birthright, is it me or is it harder than anticipated? Also, I have it on classic, but when characters die they still retreat... Anyone know what's going on?!

Absolutely loving this game. Doing birthright, is it me or is it harder than anticipated? Also, I have it on classic, but when characters die they still retreat... Anyone know what's going on?!

In the early chapters characters will still retreat before you pick which path to take.

Then it depends on the character.

I believe some characters are too important to actually die, they just get injured and put out of commission for the rest of the game.

Lucina in Awakening is an example of this.

Cheers guys. I'm well chosen into birthright and it's happening so good to know that, it was happenign so frequently I started to get complacent, so maybe should stop that as I may lose someone I don't want to!!!

I am playing classic/hard as I did with awakening and I also have found it much harder than awakening. I think there are two main reasons for this:

* Stat updates on level up seem much more unlikely compared with awakening.

* The enemies can double team you. (Which was frankly OP in awakening)

P.S. @S\.C\.G - get to it. :heh:

I play on classic, but quits whenever someome dies, because that's the way I have always done it. Appearently I have forgotten how unfun that was. Only on chapter 18 on Birthright and haven't touched the game in a week. Did plan to contiue at the end of this week, but then I bought Mirror's Edge.

Good game so far though.

Okay, so I've made a bit of a mistake. On classic, as I mentioned earlier I had lots of characters saying the are retreating so I got complacent and it all slipped my mind, now on chapter 10 and all of a sudden I realise most of my team is dead. I have 6 characters including corrin, one woman (is marrying and babies a thing in this?)... On the character list there are 3 unknowns so there's hope... But I'm tempted to start again from the beginning, one because I want to marry that woman with the bow, but I'm thinking I'm missing out on character relayinships and such which is a great thing about fire emblem, plus worried at some point I'm going to need a bigger team....

Okay, so I've made a bit of a mistake. On classic, as I mentioned earlier I had lots of characters saying the are retreating so I got complacent and it all slipped my mind, now on chapter 10 and all of a sudden I realise most of my team is dead. I have 6 characters including corrin, one woman (is marrying and babies a thing in this?)... On the character list there are 3 unknowns so there's hope... But I'm tempted to start again from the beginning, one because I want to marry that woman with the bow, but I'm thinking I'm missing out on character relayinships and such which is a great thing about fire emblem, plus worried at some point I'm going to need a bigger team....

Yeah that sounds like you may have messed up. :P

Marriage and children are in this game, so if you marry someone, a new mission will show up where you can recruit a child. But not sure it would give you enough characters for the rest of the game (I'm not very far into it myself, so can't tell you how many characters would be best to advance).

I play on classic, but quits whenever someome dies, because that's the way I have always done it. Appearently I have forgotten how unfun that was. Only on chapter 18 on Birthright and haven't touched the game in a week. Did plan to contiue at the end of this week, but then I bought Mirror's Edge.

Good game so far though.

Yeah... this. I am playing Awakening at the moment and also quit whenever someone dies which means that I waste quite a lot of time at some points. I will just step down and go Casual when I start playing Fates (Conquest) as that would amount to the same game I'm playing but will make me able to actually get through it without wasting too much time.

Also, this is a bit cheap:

The fact that if you don't have an A ranking between Corrin and Kaze that he dies at the end of the level in a cut scene. I happened to notice this when looking up something unrelated so managed to save him in mine.

Yeah, had to google that after completing Birthright, really cheap... :nono: