NEurope
Ike

Fire Emblem Fates

Same sex stuff I don't have much of an opinion about, but do they really have to release it as two games? It's the same kind of idea as if Sega had released Sonic Adventure 2's dark and hero stories seperately back in the day, and no-one would have stood for that. Ugh, I thought we might escape that treatment in these parts.

That said, I'll still buy it because I'm a sucker for Fire Emblem.

Should point out that that's America.

We don't know if we're getting two separate games or not yet.

(Although it's not looking good...)

It's good the same sex stuff is in for those who want it, no real reason to go to any effort to exclude that aspect of any game these days. Things like this are small steps in getting the world into a better place.

Good news about the same sex inclusion, and it seems Nintendo has learned their lesson from the whole Tomodachi Life disaster.

@Ike that special edition is a joy to behold. : peace:

The box reminds me of the Japanese GBA boxes for some reason. You get an artbook, had a quick look through there's some pretty cool stuff in there, but I didn't want to spoil myself too much, and a Marth card from the new TCG.

The actual game box has box versions boxart so it has the opposite version on the back instead of the normal game summary and screenshots so that was kinda nice.

You also get the 3rd DLC story with the special edition. What's odd is there was no download code - you downloaded in game, so that was a bit confusing at first.

There're some pretty weird enemy classes in this game judging by the class roll.

The actual game is pretty tough, or I'm a bit rusty, but chapter 3 and 4 both gave me trouble (playing normal/classic).

Waiting for my TCG packs to arrive, thought they had yesterday but it was just my card holders I ordered.

Cool. Is that the three game special edition? How much did it cost?

Which story did you start on?

Cool. Is that the three game special edition? How much did it cost?

Which story did you start on?

Just under £100 after shipping, so pretty expensive. Haven't gotten far enough to pick sides, but I'll probably start with the easier story.

Faceplate also arrived the other day.

IMG_20150704_181507.jpg

Also ordered a second one so I can open one of them.

Slowly playing through this. Chose to join the White Kingdom/Hoshido. Also got to the point where I can scan my Amiibo's soooo:

You must have JavaScript enabled on your device to view Miiverse posts that have been embedded in a website. View post in Miiverse

You must have JavaScript enabled on your device to view Miiverse posts that have been embedded in a website. View post in Miiverse

As a side note, I noticed they pronounced Lucina diferently in Japan so when I was playing Smash in Japanese I thought I had been pronouncing it wrong until I got the English version.

2016! :(

Import if you can.

@Ike Those faceplates nearly make me want to buy a new 3DS, by themselves.....

The third path, Invisible Kingdom, is now available to download on the eShop. 2000 Yen or free if you bought the special edition.

Unlike the other two versions, this one doesn't ally you with the two families but rather is another journey which has you try to unite both

New 3DS package and DLC details for the US release.

Fire Emblem Fates is not only the eagerly awaited second entry of the franchise on the 3DS, but it's also an intriguing release. Due on 19th February in North America it'll come in two separate editions - Birthright and Conquest - that have different storylines, though those keen to enjoy both will be able to download the other with their copy for an extra $19.99. That's a lot of Fire Emblem.

There'll be a separate third storyline, too, called Fire Emblem Fates: Revelation - it'll be download-only with a copy of the full game, and Nintendo of America has now confirmed that it'll arrive on 10th March, also priced at $19.99.

As was the case with Fire Emblem: Awakening there'll be regular DLC maps, and these will start on launch day and then come at regular intervals. Maps can be bought individually or 'Map Pack 1' will cost $17.99 / CA$22.49, with Nintendo giving that the following description:

Map Pack 1 features 11 maps and additional content. These maps shine new light on the cast of characters from Fire Emblem Fates, as well as old favorites from the Fire Emblem Awakening game. Discover new background stories about these beloved warriors, while earning more experience points and exclusive weaponry. Every map offers specific challenges and unique rewards.

Also worth noting for those that want as much content as possible, a special edition will launch for $79.99 and include all three games on a single game card, an artbook and a Nintendo 3DS XL pouch.

Last but not least, Nintendo has confirmed that the gorgeous New 3DS XL pictured below will launch in North America on 19th February for $199.99, but it does not include any game copies.

630x.jpg

Edited by Hero-of-Time

When is it out in Europe?

It hasn't got a date yet. Hopefully it won't be too long after the US gets it.

We get Bravely Second in Feb and they get it in April. Maybe we get FE in April while they get that in Feb. Might just be a case of the old switcheroo.

I cannopt wait for this. Three games pretty much, amazing!! Though I have so much to play I can wait a little longer!

A scene/conversation has been removed from the Western version of the game.

Nintendo of America, in a statement to us (Nintendo World Report), has revealed that a controversial "drugging"/"gay conversion" support conversation in the upcoming game Fire Emblem: Fates will not be present in the North American and European versions of the game.

“In the version of the game that ships in the U.S. and Europe, there is no expression which might be considered as gay conversion or drugging that occurs between characters.” a Nintendo representative e-mailed us this morning.

In the Japanese version...One of the female characters, Soleil, is attracted to women, and often gets flustered and weak in the knees when she's around them. She often fears that she can't be a "strong and cool woman" because of this. Later in the support conversations if you pair her up with the male protagonist, he spikes her drink with a "magic powder" that makes her see women as men and vice-versa to help her "practice" around women. This was done without her knowing, as she fails to recognize the protagonist at the start of the conversation. Once the magic wore off, she found herself attracted to the male protagonist, and ends up proposing to him, saying that she fell in love with the female version of him, but now loves him as a male.

A scene/conversation has been removed from the Western version of the game.

Yeah... that was a good call.

Can you imagine the outrage if that got left in?

Wow, Intelligent Designs, what the hell? Seriously? Good call on that, NA localizers.

While the English version of Fates still includes many relationship-building activities by way of robust castle functionality, Nintendo confirmed to me that petting is 100 percent out. A rep explained while also defending the original intent of the Japanese version:

“Yes, that is the case. You might have heard somewhat misinterpreted or exaggerated information about the Japanese original game, but even in the Japanese original version, we have not included any features which are considered inappropriate in Japan.”

I asked Nintendo for more information about specific changes—especially in regard to Soleil and other romances that take potentially localization-unfriendly turns—but Nintendo didn’t want to spoil specifics. They did, however, once again offer that making changes in the name of localization is not unusual, and that it’s happened with many of their games in the past.

Outstanding news!

Good news as far as I'm concerned!

Had a feeling (hah!) that they'd go ahead and remove it. It was entirely inappropriate.

That being said... I hope we get something else to take its place...

BTW, shouldn't we had changed the name of the thread by now? It's Fire Emblem Fates, not Fire Emblem If!

Looks like the petting mini game is still in the western release....kinda. :(

There’s been plenty of talk surrounding Fire Emblem Fates since it was reported that the title wouldn’t feature the petting mini-game included in the original Japanese release. It’s been an interesting couple of weeks to say the least, but believe it or not, we have something new pertaining to the situation.

Apparently, the petting mini-game hasn’t been cut entirely. We’re hearing that it’s still there for units that have S-supports and/or potentially A+ supports with Corrin.

We’ve embedded the relevant portion from GameSpot’s episode of “The Lobby”, which talks about how the mini-game hasn’t been entirely removed. One editor speaks about rubbing your marriage partner’s face to wake them up and blowing into your 3DS’ microphone to remove steam after they’ve taken a bath.