NEurope
Ike

Fire Emblem Fates

No, its a completely separate game with no characters crossing over (*), but a shared theme - like Final Fantasy.

(* Unless you use Amiibo but that is a bonus and most likely not involved in the story. There is a small chance of a minor spoiler for awakening I guess...)

It would appear as if GAME is claiming the Fates special edition as an exclusive:

http://www.game.co.uk/en/fire-emblem-fates-special-edition-only-at-game-1122989?pageSize=40&searchTerm=Fire+Emblem+Fates&catGroupId=

Fire Emblem Fates: Special Edition - Only at GAME

Source:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2016/03/game_grabs_uk_exclusivity_of_fire_emblem_fates_special_edition

So if you want it, get that order in.

(Not sure if it was like this when I ordered, or has changed recently.)

@Ike, you may want to try again.

Edited by peterl0
Automerged Doublepost

"Only at GAME" means GAME.co.uk and the Nintendo Store usually, I wouldn't worry about. Hyrule Warriors Legends Limited Edition is also labeled like that and that was sold on the Nintendo Store. Nintendolife are being a bit misleading here.

Might want to preorder just in case.

Not sure if it's exclusive to GAME really, as it has been appearing on GameStop as well (but for £90!) before it was on GAME. However I can see they have now adjusted their price to £69.97, but it's currently not available.

Still hoping for it to appear on Amazon!

Oh yes, it is now 70 pounds in gamestop as well.

Well I have kept my GAME pre-order until it shows up elsewhere.

Put in my order! Don't think I've ever spent that much on a game, but it's technically three games so...!

Gonna play with fire and keep the GAME order for now in case anyone on here misses out on this and wants a copy at face value!

Ordered the hardware bundle! Gonna keep my GAME order for a bit.

Edited by Ike

Was the SE + coin ever available or was it just the bundle with amiibos? I was on there as soon as I got the email and it was already OOS.

Was the SE + coin ever available or was it just the bundle with amiibos? I was on there as soon as I got the email and it was already OOS.

Yeah it was. The Amiibo bundle is still available, you could sell the Amiibo or something.

Yeah it was. The Amiibo bundle is still available, you could sell the Amiibo or something.

I did think about it but two things stopped me:

1. The Official Nintendo Store shouldn't be trying to fleece it's customers by forcing them to buy a bundle.
  2. Amiibos are worth... what? £6 at the minute. That's £24 total. Bringing the game + coin down to £90.

Gonna play with fire and keep the GAME order for now in case anyone on here misses out on this and wants a copy at face value!

I would love this mate if and when.

I've only just found out about this...

I wish Nintendo would have a standard time for putting up pre-orders on their website, how about a little earlier in the day? :blank:

If I had seen this on Friday morning then I wouldn't have hesitated to buy it, as it stands though I was at work from just after midday and didn't get back until late, absolutely no chance. :(

Probably no more stock to go up either, oh well... it's a no buy from me then, not that it matters to Nintendo as they've sold all their stock.

I've only just found out about this...

I wish Nintendo would have a standard time for putting up pre-orders on their website, how about a little earlier in the day? :blank:

If I had seen this on Friday morning then I wouldn't have hesitated to buy it, as it stands though I was at work from just after midday and didn't get back until late, absolutely no chance. :(

Probably no more stock to go up either, oh well... it's a no buy from me then, not that it matters to Nintendo as they've sold all their stock.

It may go back in stock at some point. The Nintendo UK store sent out emails to those who ordered multiple copies of the game saying they were limiting the special editiong to 1 per customer. I'm surprised they didn't do this in the first place, especially after what happened when amiibo launched. ::shrug:

Thanks for trying Hero, I appreciate it. :)

Alas... I have had that page open for most of yesterday and today, I've just come back from having my lunch. 15 mins too late. :(

So frustrating!

Thanks for trying Hero, I appreciate it. :)

Alas... I have had that page open for most of yesterday and today, I've just come back from having my lunch. 15 mins too late. :(

So frustrating!

Yeah, it lasted about 10 mins. I'll continue to keep my eyes open for you guys.

I had been keeping my eye on this website:

https://www.nowinstock.net/uk/videogaming/games/fireemblemfates/

You can set up notifications on there I think, but not sure how that works exactly. Also, people sometimes have multiple orders on different sites, and they might mention it in the comments on there when they cancel one order so it can go back in stock.

Sites people have been ordering from are Game, Nintendo, Gamestop and Amazon.de. Might be worth checking those out from time to time.

As for the Nintendo website, people say it is usually updated at 2pm (not sure if that is always the case).

I'm not 100% sure, but it seems the SE might still be available on the @S\.C\.G.

@S\.C\.G.

@Blade

Get on it! its approx.~£77

Edited by Agent Gibbs