NEurope
bob

EE stopping Orange Wednesdays

EE have announced that as of February 2015 they'll be quitting the Orange Wednesdays promotion.

I'm quite pissed off, as my fiance and I go pretty much every Wednesday to the cinema, as going any other day of the week is just too expensive.

I think both parties are going to regret this, as we certainly have no reason to stay with EE now (as I suspect many other people do) and the cinemas will have a noticeable drop in ticket sales. Wednesday nights was the only night when the cinema was anywhere near full.

I can also see our local cinema closing now, as Wednesday seemed to be the only night keeping them afloat.

Bah. I'm annoyed.

Anyone else pissed? Or was I the only one using this offer?

I'm quite pissed off, as my fiance and I go pretty much every Wednesday to the cinema, as going any other day of the week is just too expensive.

I thought doctors were supposed to make a lot of money.

Sigh, EE really are turning into scrooges. In my area, you want 4G you need to be on EE as neither Vodafone or o2, whom offer 4G but don't have the coverage outside of London. I think EE don't want anyone having 4G exept them. I've already decided i'm leaving EE at the end of my contract after the monumental f**k up that had occured with Orange/EE over the last year and a half (their fault, not mine)

I thought doctors were supposed to make a lot of money.

Just because I'm clearly rolling in it, doesn't mean I want to spend any.

I'm not even from the UK and I think it is insane, wish there was such a promotion here, I'd join that network in a heartbeat just for that offer, 2 for 1 cinema and pizza every wednesday? great offer, pulling it I can see many people getting upset and any potential new customers losing a good reason to switch :heh:

Edited by Mokong

wow! thats the only thing that keeps a lot of people i know on Orange/EE because others offer the same deals on tariffs, that becomes the deal breaker....talk about insane decisions

I've not been on EE/Orange but I've made use of the offer on a number of occasions - my greater concern is as you say bob about the effect on ticket sales and local cinemas now - it's an offer that's really managed to keep people going in an age where it isn't quite as relevant as it might have once been.

No great loss to me though, as I have my cineworld card now anyhow - so I'm already paying up for it; be worth something looking into if your local is a cineworld? About £17 a month now for unlimited filmages, given the price of tickets you need to go about 2/3 times a month for it to be worth it(sadly you have to take the card for at least a year too though, which can be offputting if there's nothing good coming about).

I don't exactly find it easy to find a film I want to watch every 2-3 months, let alone 3 a month. :p

It will be interesting to see if any of the cinemas comment on this because Orange Wednesdays had them absolutely packed pretty much every week on a day that people most likely wouldnt bother with before.

Yeah, my local Vue has a cheap Tuesday night deal. It's not half price, but it's a bit better.

Everyone I've ever known who was on Orange told me they were only there for Orange Wednesdays. If you went to the cinema often, it actually made their ridiculous tariffs reasonable.

No great loss to me though, as I have my cineworld card now anyhow - so I'm already paying up for it; be worth something looking into if your local is a cineworld?

You know with your Unlimited card you can use Orange Wednesdays and get someone in for free?

EE have said they're working on a new customer reward so it will be interesting to see what they will offer.

You know with your Unlimited card you can use Orange Wednesdays and get someone in for free?

EE have said they're working on a new customer reward so it will be interesting to see what they will offer.

Yeah I've done that a few times too, but that kinda just helps lend credence to their stopping of the promotion :p

I don't exactly find it easy to find a film I want to watch every 2-3 months, let alone 3 a month. :p

My original motivation was that I'm quite terrible at seeing films, and there was a good year coming up. Tbh when the big films come up it's handy as I'll end up being invited to see them by different folks etc, and it crushes me to pay to see the same film twice in the cinema unless it's super super good - but the card's actually quite a good cheap and easy social fix sometimes!

Selfish of me as an unlimited card holder but I shall enjoy Wednesdays being quieter.

Not really that bothered anymore seeing that i'm a Cineworld Unlimited Card holder.

Now means that I can't take a mate for free on a Wednesday now though.

Well it might affect you if they put the price of the unlimited card up to cover the costs lost by losing OW...

Well it might affect you if they put the price of the unlimited card up to cover the costs lost by losing OW...

Since I've had one they've put the price up 3 times and that's with Orange Wednesdays..

I wonder what the sponsorship deal was. I mean I remember when the odeon tickets were green before orange wednesdays. Maybe this'll trigger a different pricedrop thang.