NEurope
Serebii

Pokken Tournament (Wii U Spring 2016)

BcWUKUb.jpg

Working alongside that giant Pikachu has got to be distracting. :heh:

: peace:

No dude, the Ambipom is far more off-putting.

Look at the thing, it's staring straight into the soul of anyone who uses that computer!

Namco's dev kit PCs still have Floppy Disc drives!? How old are they!? :o
That was the first thing I noticed too, well, after the giant Pikachu. :hehe: Wonder if those things are still running Windows 95. :laughing:

News about a possible localisation to Europe!

The Pokémon Company has registered a new trademark for its fighting title Pokkén Tournament in Europe.

At this stage it's not clear if the trademark relates to the arcade version - which is already doing the rounds in Japan - or a hoped-for Wii U conversion. It's also worth noting that the trademark was submitted by The Pokémon Company itself, rather than Nintendo, which usually handles this kind of thing. This application also seems to be in addition to the ones made back in May last year.

Of particular interest is an entry in the trademark covering NFC connectivity:

Near field communication (NFC) technology-enabled devices, namely, key chain tags, key chains, key fobs, key tags, key rings and key holders, and figurines, to facilitate the transmission and recording and exchange of video game content.

While this might suggest some kind of amiibo functionality, in Japan game makers have recently made use of NFC cards to store and exchange data between arcade cabinets.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/08/pokken_tournament_trademark_surfaces_in_europe_nfc_connectivity_mentioned

Apparently this has just been announced for Wii U during the Pokemon World Championship event.

Spring 2015 worldwide release date.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

A Pokemon arcade game, which uses Wii U controls and operates with two screens getting a Wii U release?

Well I for one am shocked :indeed:

Good to hear that it's coming pretty soon though! :D

Luchachu is hilarious as well :laughing:

Edited by Dcubed

Good to hear that it's coming pretty soon though! :D

Gotta get it out before the NX arrives at the end of the year. :heh:

Am I the only one thinking that Hawlucha got totally gipped here?

"We need a Lucha Libre Pokemon to really round out our roster. Are there any Pokemon that would fit that style of fighting?"

"I know! Let's get another Pikachu and dress it up!"

This is good news - but [negative comment] Spring 2016 feels a long way away for what is essentially a copy and paste and localization on a non-text heavy fighting game... Seems like padding - or am I wrong and the release date is justified?

Christmas 2015 would have been super.

Cool.

Probably not going to buy it, but it's nice to see a new post-E3 announcement.

This is good news - but [negative comment] Spring 2016 feels a long way away for what is essentially a copy and paste and localization on a non-text heavy fighting game... Seems like padding - or am I wrong and the release date is justified?

Christmas 2015 would have been super.

Home console versions of Bandai Namco's fighting games are always a bit more featured, have more characters etc. than their arcade brother

Day 1 purchase...

Would totally buy an arcade style controller for it as well, but it's probably best that they don't bring one out, happy either way. : peace:

Do we know what sort of modes this game has?

Whats the chance of online play? (Please God)

The arcade version has online play so it'd be ridiculous if the Wii U one didn't

I like it, though I don't understand why it needs to be "Shadow". Isn't Mewtwo evil enough on its own?

However, I really hope they expand the roster even more for the Wii U-release. It seems a bit barren.

I like it, though I don't understand why it needs to be "Shadow". Isn't Mewtwo evil enough on its own?

However, I really hope they expand the roster even more for the Wii U-release. It seems a bit barren.

No. Mewtwo isn't evil. Mewtwo is misunderstood.

Serebii, we need to have a talk.

Are you contradicting the Pokedex?

"However, even though the scientific power of humans created this Pokemon's body, they failed to endow Mewtwo with a compassionate heart."

That's OR's entry, but you know that.

Because that sounds totally evil to me. Sure, humanity's fault and all that, but still evil.

You take that entry written by a 10 year old kid as EFFING GOSPEL!

Ahem...

So, Shadow Mewtwo? What is this? A sequel to XD?

So if this is Mewtwo turning to the dark(er) side, is he trying to be the next Star Wars villain?

He must be gunning for the next Smash Bros Character space. He'll fit right in with Dark Pit!

I can go on for hours!

No he's a dick.

This game looks dumb, but maybe in a fun way. Hopefully there's a demo.

Arguably it's what the Stadium games should always have been. Those fights needed to be far more interactive.

And yeah. Should just be MewTwo.

Seems there has to be a Shadow everyone these days.

Of all the Shadow Pokemon I'd rather it be one that would be truly different as a shadow... Say... Shadow Jigglypuff.