NEurope
Serebii

Pokken Tournament (Wii U Spring 2016)

LAN support?! Nintendo could really do with adding it to Splatoon and Mario Kart 8.

Doesn't Splatoon actually already have LAN support? Pretty sure it does...

How handy, that's when my next holiday from work is. :D

Where/when can I pre-order? : peace:

GAME have it for pre-order now

Ah OK, I take it we should see a pre-order up on the Nintendo Store UK within the month then hopefully. :)

Doesn't Splatoon actually already have LAN support? Pretty sure it does...

If it does, it's very well hidden. My local StreetPass group did a 2vs2 tournament and had to connect all 4 consoles online to set up the games.

If it does, it's very well hidden. My local StreetPass group did a 2vs2 tournament and had to connect all 4 consoles online to set up the games.

They did update it, it basically works that all wii u's connect to the same wifi and that's it!

Wonder if there'll be any kinda special edition. Looking forward to adding this to my collection.

Wonder if there'll be any kinda special edition. Looking forward to adding this to my collection.

They'll probably do a bundle with the controller.

They did update it, it basically works that all wii u's connect to the same wifi and that's it!

It's hardly LAN if you've all got to connect to the internet. :wtf:

It's hardly LAN if you've all got to connect to the internet. :wtf:

Absolutely, I was more saying that's what the update was more than about it being LAN.

The controller is being made by Hori?

71SRtrWgtCL._SL1000_.jpg

(it's available on Amazon for £19.99)

The controller is being made by Hori?

71SRtrWgtCL._SL1000_.jpg

(it's available on Amazon for £19.99)

Not really that surprising. Hori make most of the officially licensed bespoke, non-standard, Nintendo controllers, so it stands to reason that they'd be tapped to work on this.

Sounds about right, Hori are reknown for making some really excellent controllers over the years, some of them equally as good as official offerings. (they practically are almost official)

While I don't think this pad will be their finest hour I think it will be worth owning for this game at least. :)

I have one of those Hori Gamecube controllers for use with the GBA Player and GC fighting games, it's one of my favourites easily. :heart:

Available for pre-order on the Nintendo Store. :)

You can STILL get a free 2016 calander (worth £7.99) with the following codes...

KARTCALENDAR1

MARIOCALENDAR1

ZELDACALENDAR1

CROSSINGCALENDAR1

I've got a full set of them now. :indeed:

So Pokkén is going to be at EVO :)

Wonder how much TPC paid for that one...

That's a pretty big deal for it to take USF4's slot! Especially considering that Evo was founded because of SF4 in the first place!

I'm not a big eSports guy, but it really is quite fascinating to see how hard they're pushing the eSports angle with Pokken. Very unlike Nintendo (they dabbled a little with Smash 4 and Splatoon, but this is certainly on a different level!)

Wonder how much TPC paid for that one...

That's a pretty big deal for it to take USF4's slot! Especially considering that Evo was founded because of SF4 in the first place!

I'm not a big eSports guy, but it really is quite fascinating to see how hard they're pushing the eSports angle with Pokken. Very unlike Nintendo (they dabbled a little with Smash 4 and Splatoon, but this is certainly on a different level!)

USFIV was always going to get replaced by Street Fighter V as it's a direct sequel, but I agree that it's fascinating to see how hard they are pushing eSports. In the last Smash direct, Sakurai actually referring to Smash as a competitive action game which is the first time he's said that since he developed Smash 64 and Melee.

There's a potentially big market available to Nintendo and whilst they aren't getting Street Fighter 5, they could make the NX a great console for fighting games and eSports in general if they can secure another big fighting game I.P.

I've always thought that a Nintendo vs Capcom game would be amazing...!

USFIV was always going to get replaced by Street Fighter V as it's a direct sequel, but I agree that it's fascinating to see how hard they are pushing eSports. In the last Smash direct, Sakurai actually referring to Smash as a competitive action game which is the first time he's said that since he developed Smash 64 and Melee.

There's a potentially big market available to Nintendo and whilst they aren't getting Street Fighter 5, they could make the NX a great console for fighting games and eSports in general if they can secure another big fighting game I.P.

I've always thought that a Nintendo vs Capcom game would be amazing...!

USF4 is still getting shunted out suspiciously quickly... SF5 isn't even out yet. You'd think that it would get at least one more year at Evo, especially since we have Melee and Smash 4 going on side by side... (Yeah I know that there's not much crossover, but still... That's not a lot of time for players to train on SF5!)

I don't doubt that TPC payed a pretty penny for that slot... They are going all out for the 20th anniversary and are clearly sparing no expense if that Super Bowl advert is anything to go by!

USF4 is still getting shunted out suspiciously quickly... SF5 isn't even out yet. You'd think that it would get at least one more year at Evo, especially since we have Melee and Smash 4 going on side by side... (Yeah I know that there's not much crossover, but still... That's not a lot of time for players to train on SF5!)

I don't doubt that TPC payed a pretty penny for that slot... They are going all out for the 20th anniversary and are clearly sparing no expense if that Super Bowl advert is anything to go by!

It's more a 'Go out and buy Street Fighter 5' move by Capcom. We're lucky we're even getting another Street Fighter game so the move makes sense, although it's harsh on USF4 which is a fantastic game.

The move will likely make Melee the world's biggest fighting game in terms of views, and it's still growing at a mega rate.

Thing is, one of TPCi's event staff, the head in fact, also owns SmashBoards so he clearly has the contacts and was able to get this done.

Thing is, one of TPCi's event staff, the head in fact, also owns SmashBoards so he clearly has the contacts and was able to get this done.

Really!? Oh wow! I never knew that!

So in a roundabout sense, Smashboards is actually an official Nintendo site ;)