NEurope
Serebii

Pokken Tournament (Wii U Spring 2016)

Pokémon Fighter? I thought that was Smash Bros?

Someone had to ;)

Do remember that they did say that it's coming to Arcades first.

We all know what that means :)

LOL - How is a Pokemon-Tekken game high-priority right now? Who asked for this!? LOL... Seriously failing.

This is fucking cruel. Cruel.

We have the two elements for a game that I mentioned before would be really, really cool. A Zelda fighter, in the style of Soul Caliber.

We have the Zelda "fighter" that I don't want (Hyrule Warriors) and we now have a Pokemon fighter that I don't want by the main programmer of Soul Caliber (and also with assistance Tekken Project series director)

Hideously cruel. Just...put the right series with the right people and success.

So, Tekken games from Arcade to Console

Tekken 6: 2 years

Tekken 5: 3 months

Tekken 4: 8 months

Tekken 3: 1 year

Tekken 2: 7 months

Tekken 1: 4 months

Tekken Tag Tournament 2: 1 year

Tekken Tag Tournament 1: 9 months

Bit of a wildcard in attempting to predict

Guys, guys... This is awesome! :bouncy:

Seriously, if you claim you never wanted a Pokémon fighter, or at least a game where you control a battling Pokémon, then you have to be lying.

Would I prefer a game where we control a big variety of Pokémon instead of just humanoid fighting types? Yeah, I'd love to play as a Gyarados, wreaking havoc from my pond. Or use Metagross as a tank.

But Jesus Christ, people, this is Machamp! We have a playable Machamp! Who else, Hitmonchan, Hitmonlee? Maybe a few non-fighting types like Blastoise, Mewtwo or Charizard? Alakazam and Kangaskhan? Heracross?

:bouncy: I am positively excited. Surely, this will make it out of the arcades!

This interests me more than all previous Pokémon games put together. Once they make a Wii U version, anyway.

Seriously, if you claim you never wanted a Pokémon fighter, or at least a game where you control a battling Pokémon, then you have to be lying.

Would I prefer a game where we control a big variety of Pokémon instead of just humanoid fighting types? Yeah, I'd love to play as a Gyarados, wreaking havoc from my pond. Or use Metagross as a tank.

But Jesus Christ, people, this is Machamp! We have a playable Machamp! Who else, Hitmonchan, Hitmonlee? Maybe a few non-fighting types like Blastoise, Mewtwo or Charizard? Alakazam and Kangaskhan? Heracross?

:bouncy: I am positively excited. Surely, this will make it out of the arcades!

I agree, I'm excited after playing and enjoying Tekken Tag Tournament 2 earlier this year.

I've done that in Smash Bros Melee!..

But im happy you are happy - its just the whole Tekken play style puts me to sleep. Did anyone actually enjoy that Tekken Tag game? Bluergh!

@Serebii, what if it is a full Pokemon game for Wii U? What will you do???

Also you can't simply answer 'it won't be', you have to say what you will do if it is a main game for Wii U!!!

Aww shit :(

Guess I can't win 'em all... Dammit! You win this round Serebii...

They've basically realised my wish. Because beforehand they thought: "You know what would make a great Smash Bros fighter? Pichu. Yeah, he's good"

But the arcade only (at the moment) thing makes it impossible to play.

@Serebii, what if it is a full Pokemon game for Wii U? What will you do???

Also you can't simply answer 'it won't be', you have to say what you will do if it is a main game for Wii U!!!

I will cover it,

To the best of my ability.

Whether or not it is a main game is irrelevant to me,

Only thing that matters is that it's Pokémon

Never mind that the developers have said that there won't be main series games,

The universe is infinite and anything is possible

Besides, nothing can stop me...

Ever.

Bit weird that they didn't announce it for Wii U yet, because it's obviously coming; in fact I wouldn't be shocked the arcade machine it was running on wasn't just a modified Wii U (much like the Triforce board or the Wii based hardware that the arcade version of Tatsunoko VS Capcom ran on).

I suppose they probably want to get Smash out of the door before they start talking about any other sort of Wii U fighting game. They wouldn't want any chance of taking away sales from Smash after all ;)

I've done that in Smash Bros Melee!..

But im happy you are happy - its just the whole Tekken play style puts me to sleep. Did anyone actually enjoy that Tekken Tag game? Bluergh!

I quite enjoyed it. It made a nice change, actually. What didn't you like about it?

Oh like Mario Kart Arcade.

That...they'll introduce it to arcades over here?

No? Nevermind.

I quite enjoyed it. It made a nice change, actually. What didn't you like about it?

Knowing that this game will be stylised after Tekken, even Soul Calibur gets repetitive and spammy very quickly. What did you like about it?

Knowing that this game will be stylised after Tekken, even Soul Calibur gets repetitive and spammy very quickly. What did you like about it?

Isn't it like most fighters where it's only spammy if you don't really know what you're doing or if you don't learn the attacks? At least that's what I found. I think the says more about the user than the game, imo.

I liked it. It had a great character roster, it looked visually good to me, controls were nice and precise, tons of attacks that you could implement. I played a bit of it online and had a great time with it. There seemed to be quite a lot of additional game modes too, but I didn't dabble into any of that. Considering I only paid about a tenner for it, I was really happy.

Oh like Mario Kart Arcade.

They never said that for Mario Kart Arcade GP. They never said first.

In this, Ishihara said that it was coming to arcades first, and then laughed saying that he wasn't meant to say that.

Ah, Tekken, the sophisticated man's fighting crumpet.

I remember playing it on a busted-up arcade machine in a three-star hotel in Italy during a school trip. Near Lake Garda.

Absolutely no idea what was going on. Just know it involved button-smashing and pandas. Got beat by one of my friends. A girl, no less.

What it needed was a tutorial delivered by Machamp. Can't wait. This can be my jumping-on point.