NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
nekunando

What's the worst game you own?

I get what you mean, sometimes bad games can actually be more entertaining than good ones. :heh:

Still wish I owned this:

:D

AVGN is amusing to watch (if it sometimes weren't for too much cursing, because I don't like to curse, but it's part of him).

That being said, this Big Rigs got me interested as well just for the fun. Though isn't it like whatever James reviews, the price might actually go up for some of these games?

That being said, this Big Rigs got me interested as well just for the fun. Though isn't it like whatever James reviews, the price might actually go up for some of these games?
Maybe, I'm not sure. Big Rigs seems impossible to find though, even on eBay. :blank: So yeah, perhaps a lot of copies suddenly got sold when that vid came out. :grin:

Maybe, I'm not sure. Big Rigs seems impossible to find though, even on eBay. :blank: So yeah, perhaps a lot of copies suddenly got sold when that vid came out. :grin:

It's still odd though how people are suddenly interested in such a game (including myself) willing to spend hundreds on it (not including me though) when all it is...it's just a pretty bad game XD

AVGN is amusing to watch (if it sometimes weren't for too much cursing, because I don't like to curse, but it's part of him).

Yeah I don't mind swearing at all, when used in context it's a very effective part of language. But he does overdo it and I'd much prefer he just did the reviews as himself rather than the nerd persona. Much prefer his 'James & Mike' Monday videos where they just replay old games. Although they did give Nintendo Land and NES Remix a go and seemed to miss all the best bits.

Yeah I don't mind swearing at all, when used in context it's a very effective part of language. But he does overdo it and I'd much prefer he just did the reviews as himself rather than the nerd persona. Much prefer his 'James & Mike' Monday videos where they just replay old games. Although they did give Nintendo Land and NES Remix a go and seemed to miss all the best bits.

Yeah, I in fact enjoy his usual reviews. I personally don't really like Mike as much, as I find him really annoying while him trying to be funny. I only enjoy him somewhat in his own game reviews. I have heard that he is incredibly jealous of James' popularity and he just hangs out around him to try to be as James. Why do you think Mike still didn't make his own YT channel still?

I've just remember another abomination that should belong in this thread.

Pokemon fucking Colosseum. It suddenly entered my mind again today and I realised just how gutted I felt that I had spent close to full price on that. By quite some distance, the worst GameCube game that I own.

I agree ^

Colosseum doesnt pay off. But i think Battle Revolution for Wii is worse, you cant even rent Pokemon, multiplayer is a mess!

And then they stopped lol No Pokemon Stadium for Wii U.

I've just remember another abomination that should belong in this thread.

Pokemon fucking Colosseum. It suddenly entered my mind again today and I realised just how gutted I felt that I had spent close to full price on that. By quite some distance, the worst GameCube game that I own.

If that's the worse Gamecube game you've ever owned, you got off lightly in my opinion.

Well, this question might have been a bit tricky a year ago.

But now? Easy choice here.

Deal_Or_No_Deal_-_The_Banker_Is_Back_Box_Art.jpg

WAIT! Don't ban me from gaming! Let me explain!

It was a Christmas gift from @Dcubed. He's that kind of guy. To be fair, he got me a download copy of Bravely Default. So that balanced it out... Okay, almost.

It's about as bad as you expect... is what I'd like to say.

It's not even animated well, how do you mess up the animation for opening boxes?

If that's the worse Gamecube game you've ever owned, you got off lightly in my opinion.

Well, this question might have been a bit tricky a year ago.

But now? Easy choice here.

Deal_Or_No_Deal_-_The_Banker_Is_Back_Box_Art.jpg

WAIT! Don't ban me from gaming! Let me explain!

It was a Christmas gift from @Dcubed. He's that kind of guy. To be fair, he got me a download copy of Bravely Default. So that balanced it out... Okay, almost.

It's about as bad as you expect... is what I'd like to say.

It's not even animated well, how do you mess up the animation for opening boxes?

The best bit is the cheap crappy midi version of the TV show theme. It's worth the price of entry alone :laughing:

That and the fact that the game doesn't even end properly. Even if you fail, the game just carries on like nothing happened :laughing:

Deal or No Deal is quite possibly the dullest, most boring game show on telly, I dread to think a non animated video game version of it would be like.

Deal or No Deal makes me want to vomit blood. The way that everyone is real chummy with each other is just sickening. Shut your face hole, open the fucking box and stop pretending that the contestant is your best friend, instead of that jammy cunt that beat you to actually playing the game, you two faced, shit eating fuck stick.

And the contestants pacing around the place like they're some master tactician. That boils my piss as well. Pick some boxes at random, then make a deal when there's enough money. It's not exactly the beaches of fucking Normandy is it?

And the greed of some people. People refuse high deals when more than 50% of the remaining boxes are significantly less than the offer. I fucking love when someone turns down a high offer, only to go home with less than £100. I fucking love it.

I don't watch Deal or No Deal anymore...

I want to see someone, or I would if I ever ended up on it, use one of those little bingo games to pick the boxes.

One of these bad boys.

RK016_1.jpg

Another thing I hate about it is that if you deal, they 'play on' to see 'how you would have played'. To rub in how much you could have had.

Complete and utter shit, really. There's absolutely no way, unless you had precisely planned out beforehand the order of boxes you would open for the entire game, that you would have opened the boxes in the same way. Choosing to play on rather than deal would be a different kind of stress, and most likely you'd have played differently.

Everyone on it is also an incredibly superstitious moron.

Edited by Sheikah

Another thing I hate about it is that if you deal, they 'play on' to see 'how you would have played'. To rub in how much you could have had.

Oh that pisses me off too. I remember watching one game and he made a deal for a decent amount. They played on to see how much he could have won and it was higher. The contestant looked like he had been raped. Everyone in the studio were gutted for him, even though he had just been given a shitload of money for getting other people to open boxes for him. Fucking sickening how people can be so disappointed with free money.

Lovely to see that I've started a whirlwind of hate.

Totally justified though. I give ITV a hard time with their constant ruining of classic game shows, but at least most of them require at least some Knowledge/Skill.

For the record, you could get a game done in about 5 minutes if you'd just shut up with the melodrama.

This show is a brilliant example as to why I hate modern day British TV.

Thank god for Dave. I wouldn't ever watch telly otherwise.

P.N. 03 is probably the worst console game I own but I haven't played it in years so it may not be as bad as I remember.

Lovely to see that I've started a whirlwind of hate.

Totally justified though. I give ITV a hard time with their constant ruining of classic game shows, but at least most of them require at least some Knowledge/Skill.

For the record, you could get a game done in about 5 minutes if you'd just shut up with the melodrama.

This show is a brilliant example as to why I hate modern day British TV.

Thank god for Dave. I wouldn't ever watch telly otherwise.

*cough* *cough* Golden Balls *cough*

_-Golden-Balls-Wii-_.jpg

Has this abomination been mentioned before?

It's so bad, it's impossible to find anybody who has reviewed it.

Eurogamer - 1/10

Golden Balls

"This is the worst game I've ever seen."

So said Eurogamer's Oli Welsh, approximately two minutes into a multiplayer round of Golden Balls. And he's played free-to-play MMOs.

Golden Balls, for those who have jobs, is a TV gameshow presented by Jasper Carrott. The Wii game is presented by a hideous and frightening CGI Jasper Carrott who looks like what would happen if the real Jasper Carrott tried to morph into Gollum and got stuck half way. There's a terrifying bit of live-action footage before each round where the real Jasper Carrott introduces us to the Gollum-Carrott, and it feels like the end of days.

If you've seen the telly show you'll know it's all about bluff. Contestants get a set of balls picked at random. Most have cash sums hidden inside, but some are 'killer balls' which reduce the jackpot for the endgame. There are a couple of elimination rounds where contestants reveal some of their balls, and try to convince each other the hidden ones contain huge amounts of cash. They vote each other off until only two contestants remain.

At this point, each player must choose to "split" or "steal". If they both split, each gets half the money. If one player decides to steal, he or she wins the lot. If they both try to steal, they walk away empty-handed.

It's almost watchable, in a miserable-reminder-of-the-inherent-wretchedness-of-capitalism-and-its-cancerous-effect-on-the-human-soul sort of a way. The game, however, is unplayable.

For starters, there's no fun in trying to bluff a computer-controlled character. There are some automated bluffing options, but you can't banter and barter with them like the contestants do on the TV show. You could always play with real-life friends. Or rather, friend, as there's only support for two players. This means you're always playing against at least two NPCs. They are likely to vote at least one of you off within minutes. This leaves the other person to go through the rest of the rounds playing against a virtual character they care even less about than Keith Urban. Well done everyone.

The visuals are hilarious. The "cut-scenes", where Gollum-Carrott explains the rules, are the same every time and there are far too many of them. After you've started a game, you have to press A to skip 15 times before you get to make a single decision. During this process you have to look at six "loading data" screens. The words "loading data" pulse backwards and forwards like this is information is exciting. Compared to the rest of the game, it is.

I lost all vestiges of patience with Golden Balls after being voted off yet again by the computer-controlled characters, one of whom accused me of "lying in the previous round" even though I'd picked the "truth" option instead of bluffing. A jolly message scrolled across the screen informing me that, "Having got this far today has been a waste of time." If you're playing Golden Balls, having gotten up today has been a waste of time.

This is the worst game I've ever seen.

1/10

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/wii-christmas-roundup-review?page=2

It's also available on the DS where it must be even more of a masterpiece.

The voting for split or steal at the end of the show is flawed, I mean in real life not just the computer game. If you're playing this game you should always vote "steal". Think about it.

Golden Balls Wii Gameplay

Watch it if you dare. Just know you'll never get those 11 minutes back.

Edited by Wii
Automerged Doublepost

P.N. 03 is probably the worst console game I own but I haven't played it in years so it may not be as bad as I remember.

You will die a slow and horrible death.

*cough* *cough* Golden Balls *cough*

The key word was most.

I didn't say all of them required knowledge/skill.

But yes, you're right. That is a dreadful show. Clearly trying to piggyback off of Deal's success.

There's also that relatively new one on ITV1 called Tipping Point, which, while it has questions involved, can be ridiculously random based on the puck going pretty much wherever it wants. Hate that show.

The key word was most.

I didn't say all of them required knowledge/skill.

But yes, you're right. That is a dreadful show. Clearly trying to piggyback off of Deal's success.

I know you didn't mean all. I just used your reference to ITV as an excuse to mention Golden Balls and how bad the computer game is.

Changing the subject a bit to games you use to own, my worst is definitely this

Here is my review, which was actually the first published review of it.

Paper-Mario-Sticker-Star-European-boxart.jpg

To have gone from Paper Mario and The Thousand Year Door to this within my still short life span as a gamer has been most traumatic.

The best way to release this game was to just release its OST.

The fact that it's just so lackluster, so lacking of any Paper Mario charm in almost any way, just .... just ....

2593869_o.gif

Man, Sticker Star? That's harsh...

I happen to like Sticker Star quite a bit. Sure, it's no Thousand Year Door. But then, it wasn't trying to be.

I like that they tried something different with the battles. It actually makes you think about what sticker to use and which ones you should save. Should you spend coins to get extra turns? It requires a whole lot more thought than other Paper Mario games.

And some of the bosses are the best out of any of the Paper Mario games! That Blooper and the giant Ice Bowser statue are brilliant fights.

I feel like this is in the same situation as Sunshine. If it didn't have Paper Mario on the box, I bet people would see it in a more favourable light.

I feel like this is in the same situation as Sunshine. If it didn't have Paper Mario on the box, I bet people would see it in a more favourable light.

Huh? Everyone seems to love Sunshine. I'm pretty sure that I'm one of the few who think it's a terrible game.

Sign in to follow this