NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Fierce_LiNk

FIFA 15

I'm not playing the demo. I'm just going to go all IN.gif when this comes out. Cannae wait. Fucking Fifa, brah!

So played a bit of the demo. Unsure what to think, in their striving for realism it seems it's quite hard to control th ball all the time, and because of the momentum system there's a weirdness to the movement which is anything but realistic. How long you hold the button down for power is also a bit weird, I realise it's always been like this, but now when you tap the buttom it barely moves, again this isn't realistic as now it slows down passes, crosses, shots which in real life wouldn't happen, you can hit it with a bit of power in an instant in real life, but here you have to hold it a bit, and in a game when fractions of seconds matter it becomes a little annoying...

Saying that. I still really enjoyed it and there's a lot of great stuff in there, just worried some fundamentals will prove irritating.

I quite enjoyed the demo, although I'm finding it very difficult to score! Keepers have improved alot.

Why can't they release this game sooner! I'm getting impatient :(

My order with Tesco is "ready to dispatch", so I hope to god that it gets here on Friday or Saturday.

Hnnnnnnnnnnnng. Can't wait. I'm going to rectify yesterday's scoreline and will absolutely pummel Leicester City at their own stadium.

My order with Tesco is "ready to dispatch", so I hope to god that it gets here on Friday or Saturday.

Hnnnnnnnnnnnng. Can't wait. I'm going to rectify yesterday's scoreline and will absolutely pummel Leicester City at their own stadium.

I'm going to the midnight launch in my local GAME store now that I'm unemployed! Woo!

We will have to have a game online :)

I'm going to the midnight launch in my local GAME store now that I'm unemployed! Woo!

We will have to have a game online :)

I'm up for it. You fancy joining the N-E league? It should be a great laugh.

I've already planned how Fifa is going to work with my lifestyle. It's going to be the type of game that I sneak in for a 30 minutes or so here and there. It's commitment-free to that extent. Up early on Saturday morning? Sneak in a bit of Fifa. Have a bit of time to spare before Match of the Day? Fifa. Want to play a game before tea? Feefuhhhhhh.

It's the perfect game to get digital, tbh. If the digital prices were a tenner/fifteen quid cheaper, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

I've already planned how Fifa is going to work with my lifestyle. It's going to be the type of game that I sneak in for a 30 minutes or so here and there. It's commitment-free to that extent. Up early on Saturday morning? Sneak in a bit of Fifa. Have a bit of time to spare before Match of the Day? Fifa. Want to play a game before tea? Feefuhhhhhh.

It's the perfect game to get digital, tbh. If the digital prices were a tenner/fifteen quid cheaper, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Pre ordered mine yesterday, going for the GAME in store deal Ultiamte Team Edition with a steel book, football and t shirt to boot! (Age 29? What of it...)

Agree with you that's how I see my FIFA experience, I'm v jealous of a lot of you guys having the time to plough into Destiny, but this should be perfect for me, dip in and out, quick game here and there, cup run when I get together with my friends, classic FIFA!

This will be the deal breaker on EA Access on the One for me. As soon as they make this available I'll prob trade in and start that up and get BF4, NFS and the others while I'm at it :)

I'm down - how do I go about joining?

Agree with you that's how I see my FIFA experience, I'm v jealous of a lot of you guys having the time to plough into Destiny, but this should be perfect for me, dip in and out, quick game here and there, cup run when I get together with my friends, classic FIFA!

Funny you mention Destiny - I'm getting pretty bored with it right now and I think that's why I'm more excited than usual about FIFA 15. This will definitely be taking up most of my gaming time!

I just got an email from amazon saying I've qualified for some free historic team DLC and 15 coins for some mode or other. I never knew they were offering preorder bonuses. It was a nice surprise. :)

Just reading some reviews and disappointed. Still sounds like a game which lacks true inviduality between the teams and players.

Still end to end with no real midfield battle.

Just reading some reviews and disappointed. Still sounds like a game which lacks true inviduality between the teams and players.

Still end to end with no real midfield battle.

Despite the less than steller reviews, I've had fun with the demo and nothing is going to stop me getting this game (it's like a religion amongst my friends and I!).

Although in saying that, I do agree with your last comment about no real midfield battle. In the demo, it was way too easy to just sprint and bypass the midfield from kick off. It's like you get past one player and you're already facing the back four.

It could end up resulting in more entertaining matches I guess, we shall have to wait and see.

The demo was oookish. Gotta try dat PES demo tomorrow, I've heard nothing but good things.

Despite the less than steller reviews, I've had fun with the demo and nothing is going to stop me getting this game (it's like a religion amongst my friends and I!).

Although in saying that, I do agree with your last comment about no real midfield battle. In the demo, it was way too easy to just sprint and bypass the midfield from kick off. It's like you get past one player and you're already facing the back four.

It could end up resulting in more entertaining matches I guess, we shall have to wait and see.

That's the issue I have with fifa. EA are Hell bent on making matches entertaining and end to end chance fests. On semi or manual it's better as there is more room for errors but still I wish they would appreciate that football games have midfield players.

Despite this being a 100% day one purchase, I'm gonna download the PES 2015 demo. I've been hearing good things about it and having seen gameplay just now, it looks solid.

Interesting.....

Yeah, Fifa has been slowly getting worse since '12 (Fifa 13 (12 engine ) on the Wii U is still the best version of fifa for me); but it'll still be great fun. Them being more and more realistic just make it less and less so for me. Plus is pure realism exactly what we want? Not sure I do. Still excited though, and because I'm with the AWFUL service of Amazon Prime mine won't get set until tomorrow :(

Yeah, Fifa has been slowly getting worse since '12 (Fifa 13 (12 engine ) on the Wii U is still the best version of fifa for me); but it'll still be great fun. Them being more and more realistic just make it less and less so for me. Plus is pure realism exactly what we want? Not sure I do. Still excited though, and because I'm with the AWFUL service of Amazon Prime mine won't get set until tomorrow :(

I just want the game to resemble what a real football match is like.

I have to agree....we've been here before. Fifa 03 was amazing and then Fifa 04 went this more physical approach (also may have been the last one that had these weird god awful set piece "plays" this isn't american football!) Sure it's more realistic but in practice it doesn't work well at all. The only thing I actually like is that pace actually matters no more slow lumbering defending magically catching up players fast than them. I get the feeling this is something they will nerf for next year.

At least previously there have been other options like Red Card Football, Sega Soccer Slam, Mario Strikers...now we are stuck with this shite.

Had an idea: Maybe we could do something with the Skill Games. Something like a weekly competition.

Someone chooses a skill game, we all have one week to get the highest score (the highest score of this week only), make a screenshot, post it, and I will always win, because I OWN.

Think it could be fun :p

Had an idea: Maybe we could do something with the Skill Games. Something like a weekly competition.

Someone chooses a skill game, we all have one week to get the highest score (the highest score of this week only), make a screenshot, post it, and I will always win, because I OWN.

Think it could be fun :p

YES let's do it. Way for us all this compare.

Anyone get their copy? Got mine last night and a little unsure about it.

Goalkeepers seem way too overpowered! Had a header that was destined for the top corner but the keeper moved like Neo from the Matrix and saved it - it just looked/felt wrong. Plus actually scoring a goal doesn't feel that great anymore. Oh and if anyone can tell me how to defend in this game, then let me know.

I do like the passing though and the fact that you have more control when dribbling. I'll be playing this ALOT more (Destiny can go away!) so I'll see if I can adapt to these changes.

If you're online, hit me up! (PS4 version).

Sign in to follow this