NEurope
the_villa

Favourite TV programs thread (its original!)

CSI - The Original, Miami is good and I cant get into New York. Maybe its the fact its set in LA and it looks bloody amazing, and is there anything Grissom doesn't know?

Lost - Watched it all, and its been totally fantastic shame it had to end on another cliffhanger.

See How They Run - Children's drama produced by the BBC and a TV company in Australia, fantastic to watch and totally gripping throughout.

Via the medium of 'quotes'.

Do you remember your first blow-job? How long did it take for the guy to cum?

We've got separation of powers, checks and balances, and Margaret, vetoing things and sending them back to the hill.

Dude, looks like someone steamrolled Harry Potter!

Hmmmm i dunno how many i got that i actually watch on tv but they are on tv so they can count.

Simpsons just has to be done who didn't love this show in it's prime?

Futurama the spiritual successor of the simpsons (even though the simpsons is still running), great show with bender stealing the show for me funniest robot around without despute

Family Guy you probably saw this coming i mean this show is great stewie just makes me piss myself as does the dog! sometimes the flashbacks drag on but it just has to be endured i guess

Invasion just started like 2 weeks ago looks like another great show, i can't wait to see more of these alien bastards and what they actually are!

Lost this was going to be without a doubt on here it's too good a show for me, the way season 1 ended was amazing and the teaser for season 2 nearly made me orgasm it looks like it'll really kick off soon and from my mates who have watched season 2 they say it gets even better so i'm wettin my pants in anticipation! oh and i love kate!

Worthy mentions go to

South Park

The OC

Smallville

American Dad

My Wife and Kids

Friday Night with Jonathon Ross

Only Fools and Horses

8 out of 10 cats

Peep Show

some of these shows have ended as you can guess, but thanks to the magic of Sky they're still around for me!

My top 5 are...

The Simpsons

A lot of people say Family Guy is better, but I disagree. The Simpsons has (or had) that well thought out factor that makes it hilarious. Plus, Hans Moleman is the greatest character to grace TV screens.

The Comedy Store/ Jongerlurs Unleashed

Basically half an hour of stand-up at some comedy clubs in London, but man I laugh so hard watching these programs. If you have Sky or something you should watch either sometime

Without a Trace

Does anyone watch this? It seems like I'm the only one in the whole country who does. Basically, in each ep. someone goes missing, and this team try and find them. It is probably the most exciting show on television, because you start to feel for the missing characters, through flashbacks. It's also not all predictable, as there's a bunch of twists per episode. Good watch

Family Guy

I started watching this before it even became popular. I bought a DVD of it once because I had a lot of money that day, and I pissed myself laughing. Ah the days.

Catchphrase

It was just the best freaking quiz ever. They should bring it back on, and with Roy Walker, and not that dickhead who did it in it's last couple of years.

Honourable mentions:

Never Mind the Buzzcocks

Lost

Desperate Housewives

The Frank Skinner Show (Guilty Pleasure)

and My Name is Earl (only a couple of eps. so far, but looks promising.)

i dont have a fave so heres a list of things i watch or have liked, Futurama, Simpsons, stargate (sg1 and atlantis), x files malcom in the middle, some animes (digimon, pokemon, yu-gi-oh, xaolin showdown, s.r.m.t.h.f.g.ect..)...i know i lead a sad life, but there isnt really much else on tv during the day, so i sit with my younger brother and watch his stuff...lol

Scrubs Scrubs is just amazing, it combines funny with emotion and caps it off with a nice ole moral at the end. Has a nice way of having a long running story throughout each episode (like Carla Turk relationship, or JD + Elliot) and weaving it with fresh each show plot (the patients that are in the hospital)

Lost

Gripping stuff, only started watching this, (on Episode 6) and I just can't stop watching it.

Family Guy

Just so funny and inventive, I keep thinking it will get old like the Simpsons but it just doesn't.

Moi mon programme préféré bah TF1 MDR !!!!!!! Bon ...

...English? O_o

...English? O_o

He said his favourite programme is TF1 MDR. I dunno what that is though...

1. Star Trek: Enterprise

In my opinion, the best Star Trek ever, but fans of the original series had to ruin it and complain loads. Unfortunately lasted only 4 seasons.

2. Futurama

A million times more interesting and funier than the Simpsons, (mainly as i am a Sci-Fi Fan). Lasted for 4 seasons before fox stupidly cancelled it. Just my luck. My favourite TV shows seem to lst for 4 seasons.

3,4,5 - Star Trek, Voyager, DS9 and The Next Generation, unknown order.

Others worth mentioning:

Dr Who

Battlestar Galactica

hmmm my top five of the past and present in no order really:

- Gillette soccer saturday - 3pm on saturday's wouldnt be the same without it

- Simpsons/futurama & south park

- Saved by the Bell - used to love the original one's when i was kid...screech ^_^

- Buffy - watched all the season's but have yet to collect the DVD's.

- Teachers - Loved this show, shame they only did 4 series! i have all these on DVD

of course there are lots more i used to watch like knight rider, A team etc, all those late 80's early 90's programmes were most excellent.

Wish I could still see The X-Files and Futurama, but they don't show that on tv here anymore I think. Yeah... Don't really have anything else; I'm sad.

"The 4400" has been described as "The X-Files for a new generation." Not seen it myself (bought it, gonna start watching either that or Arrested Development tonight) but its only £7.50 on cd-wow.

And Platty buy Buffy :P Or buy Firefly cause its only £18 then watch Serenity. Just read an intended storyline for later in season one which is so dark but so good. Damn Fox!

Lost is great, invasion is pretty neat, err spooks is cool, ultimate force is quite good, um top gear, the simpsons, futurama, family guy and american dad are all cool, i think thats it.

Edit: never mind the buz cocks and horizon, and tonight with trevor mc donald used to be pretty intresting.

I used to watch [and sometimes still do on Challenge] the Crystal Maze all the time.

it is same here also :)

how on eartyh has no one mentioned one of the funniest and most intelligent sitcoms i have ever seen: Arrested Development.

do yourselves a huge favour and go buy the season 1 boxset!

A-Team, i don't care how old it is, it still kicks ass

Its older than you thats for sure :heh:

how on eartyh has no one mentioned one of the funniest and most intelligent sitcoms i have ever seen: Arrested Development.

I've bought it but not got round to watching it. Finished off Ghost...Stand Alone Complex last night. Starting The 4400 soon (as its not a very long series) and then will watch AD.

Shame Fox are canning it in America... half way through the 3rd season ¬_¬ :angry: