Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2014/2015

Dog-amoto

Liverpool very lucky not to have two sent off, Can and Mignolet. The latter possibly harsh but they've been given and his hands were in the air regardless if it comes off the chest first.

The Sterling pen is a awkward one because the defender does get the ball but it's more of an after thought and with the trailing leg. Both teams should have had penalties in my opinion.

Yeah, Can was lucky to stay on the pitch. The Mignolet decision could have went either way.

Both teams easily deserved pens. Like I said, the ref had a bit of a mare.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How? Because we fight until the last kick? We got no dodgy decisions or any teams who should've scored against us!

!

Tell that to Matic who will be sitting out the Cup Final on Sunday whilst Vertongen who did exactly the same thing didn't even get a yellow. The officials have been dreadful this season. The frustrating thing is until they start using tv replays for decisions this will continue.

What I really don't get with refs is when a team has multiple penalty appeals and the ref turns every one down. You would think logic would dictate that three half penalties add up to a penalty, so if the ref has already turned down 2 appeals that could have gone either way, by the 3rd he would give it, a bit like when you see a player get a yellow card for numerous tackles. Southampton must have been we well and truly pissed off with the ref yesterday. It's understandable that refs will miss somethings, but when you have 3 penalties and a red card all turned down you can't help but think the ref is on one.

Tell that to Matic who will be sitting out the Cup Final on Sunday whilst Vertongen who did exactly the same thing didn't even get a yellow. The officials have been dreadful this season. The frustrating thing is until they start using tv replays for decisions this will continue.

I've been saying this for years, as have many others. All you need is a guy on the sideline, watching a TV and then telling the ref via an ear piece what the crack is. People say it would stop the game too much but if anything it would speed the process up as players wouldn't be able to complain to the ref about decisions.

So many points have been lost over bad decisions, and as Ramar pointed out, this season has been terrible for it.

What I really don't get with refs is when a team has multiple penalty appeals and the ref turns every one down. You would think logic would dictate that three half penalties add up to a penalty, so if the ref has already turned down 2 appeals that could have gone either way, by the 3rd he would give it, a bit like when you see a player get a yellow card for numerous tackles.

Really? Sorry but I think this is poor reasoning.

Either it's a pen or it isn't, that's what refs decide. There's no such thing as a half pen. So 3 non-pens (in the opinion of the ref) should not equal a pen. If it did then people would be diving for anything, knowing it would all add up in the end.

The problem is people's opinon of a foul varies so much, and that's still going to be a problem with video technology, when the pundits on TV can't agree how can we expect the officials too?

Some managers and fans complaining about lost points, might want to be careful what they wish for, it goes both ways, the correct decisions could cost them points too, I hope if technology does come in they can all take it on the chin, probably won't though, just look at the players that still have the cheek to appeal to refs that a ball did or didn't cross the goal line, even when they know the ref knows it has or hasn't for a fact.

If people really genuinely cared about the truth and fairness it would be refreshing if they actually protested bad decisions that went for them. I'm sick of the hypocrissy of managers saying it's BS when a bad decision goes against them, but justify a bad decision for them saying "it's about time some luck went our way", all too happy to benefit from the injustice they previously complained about, at the expense of another team/manager being robbed of points.

I've been saying this for years, as have many others. All you need is a guy on the sideline, watching a TV and then telling the ref via an ear piece what the crack is. People say it would stop the game too much but if anything it would speed the process up as players wouldn't be able to complain to the ref about decisions.

So many points have been lost over bad decisions, and as Ramar pointed out, this season has been terrible for it.

You mean like rugby? ;)

What I really don't get with refs is when a team has multiple penalty appeals and the ref turns every one down. You would think logic would dictate that three half penalties add up to a penalty, so if the ref has already turned down 2 appeals that could have gone either way, by the 3rd he would give it, a bit like when you see a player get a yellow card for numerous tackles. Southampton must have been we well and truly pissed off with the ref yesterday. It's understandable that refs will miss somethings, but when you have 3 penalties and a red card all turned down you can't help but think the ref is on one.

No.

That kind of thinking is as bad as when the ref gives a bad decision so decides to even things up with another bad decision.

The FA are a a joke. Matic was right to react like that. It was a disgusting tackle that could have ended his career. Hate Chelsea but I hope he wins his appeal. No further action for Barnes but a push from Matic gets a 3 game ban. The FA knows F#ck All.

Matic deserved a red card. It's violent conduct.

Two wrongs don't make a right gentlemen, you can't go pushing people about if you don't like the referees decision.

Edit - Add into the matter Barnes is passing the ball as Matic knicks in. And it's at the moment his foot is following through the pass as Matic is making a tackle. It's not a 50:50, it's not even a tackle from

Barnes. It's a nasty looking accident, that luckily had no major consequences.

Edited by Ramar

Two wrongs don't make a right gentlemen, you can't go pushing people about if you don't like the referees decision.

Edit - Add into the matter Barnes is passing the ball as Matic knicks in. And it's at the moment his foot is following through the pass as Matic is making a tackle. It's not a 50:50, it's not even a tackle from

Violent conduct though? You'd see worse at a playground. Sure it's not right but it's understandable.

Absolute red card and it will stand.

I wouldn't worry Chelsea fans, we'll have only got back from Florence 3 hours before kick off so I don't think you have anything to worry about. Now THAT is a joke!

Just a bit of an exaggeration. You'll be back a full 48 hours before the game. It's not ideal but thems is the cost of success. As I said before you won't have to worry about the Europa League anymore after this week.

The 2022 World Cup in Qatar should take place in November and December, a Fifa taskforce has recommended.

Key football officials met in Doha to discuss a number of options following fears a summer event would endanger the health of players and fans.

Qatari temperatures in June and July can exceed 40 degrees centigrade.

Taskforce chief Sheikh Salman bin Ebrahim Al-Khalifa also recommended that the 2022 tournament should be shortened by a few days. But there are no plans to reduce the size of the tournament from 32 teams or 64 matches.

The recommendation is expected to be ratified by the executive committee of world football's governing body next month.

The news will upset some of Europe's top leagues, who preferred an April-May option to minimise disruption to their own domestic programmes.

The other date under consideration was January-February, but that raised the prospect of a clash with the Winter Olympics.

BBC Radio 5 live's sports news reporter Richard Conway said it looked like Europe's leading leagues had "lost this argument" but indicated the row over dates would rumble on.

"It's not not the end of the story by a long way, but organisers in Qatar will be hopeful that this is the start perhaps of building and planning for the 2022 World Cup for real," he added.

More to follow.

msXAy5G.jpg

Yeah, I dunno how this will even work in terms of shifting the domestic football fixtures around.

It's a definite red card and because they're even trying to appeal it I would add on an extra game for a frivolous appeal and wasting the FA's time.

He sprinted towards the boy and gave him a huge shove. Violent conduct.

By reducing it, they've set a dangerous precedent. They're opening a debate about provocation and retaliation.

Example, Giroud believed he was fouled against QPR. Got up, didn't quite make contact with the defenders head. Was sent off, served 3 matches. Difference here is that Matic's incident could have been a lot worse, but does that mean it's ok to react the way he did. Of course not.

Why can't they just be transparent and consistent.

Just got in, missed the goal. Was really looking forward to this game. This is proper Champions League. The other game, Juve v Dortmund has great potential too.

Wow. Brilliant football from Barca, Suarez should have made it 2-0.

Phenomenal football from Barca and now it is 2-0. Messi is on fire. And as I type, Neymar, 1 on 1 should have made it 3.

Alves, crossbar. Should be 4-0.

Edited by Wii
Automerged Doublepost

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!