NEurope
Wii

Capcom now open for takeover

But with that logic, it could also need to be Sony, to get Monster Hunter back on their platforms. Or Microsoft, to get even more exclusives with one swift move.

Any of them could afford it. And even if they couldn't, they'd still take on the debt. But it won't work out like this at all, no one will ever get an outright ownership as they'd all be aiming for it and it assumes that one party gets the approval of every shareholder to sell their shares. It is a very unlikely outcome.

Bringing MH back to Sony would be immense. The online infrastructure and hardware is so much better. Damn the Japanese love for handhelds. :(

I'd like to see Nintendo buy them for the following reasons:

-Megaman would sell well on Nintendo systems.

-RE Reboot. Yes please.

-Nintendo VS Capcom.

-Monster Hunter :)

I'd like to see Nintendo buy them for the following reasons:

-Megaman would sell well on Nintendo systems.

-RE Reboot. Yes please.

-Nintendo VS Capcom.

-Monster Hunter :)

Plus the first Street Fighter on a Nintendo home console since the SNES. Can't believe it's been so long and unless Nintendo buy Capcom it's likely to skip the Wii U as well. Think about that, that's 4 generations of no SF.

- Offer Platinum the chance to make Viewtiful Joe and Okami games.

- Rebooting Resident Evil with Shinji Mikami.

Look at you, playing games with my heart :laughing:

The $500 million would be worth it if it meant we could finally have Viewtiful Joe 3

Seeing as Clover are no more right, and the Okami brand is just sitting there... and having seen the new Zelda and knowing what Nintendo can do with cel-shading......... OH MY!

Seeing as Clover are no more right, and the Okami brand is just sitting there... and having seen the new Zelda and knowing what Nintendo can do with cel-shading......... OH MY!

Clover Studios essentially became Platinum Games, right? And they're on good terms with Nintendo...

If Nintendo were to buy Capcom out though am I right in thinking that they could essentially demand them to make MH4U for Wii U in addition to 3DS? :wtf:

A Wii U version of MH4, to help boost sales.

Are people around here forgetting who exactly Capcom are? Guys, they're going to make MH4 for Wii U complete Nintendo buy out or not, it's inevtiable. Capcom are the absolute masters of milking and rehashing.

The reason you're not getting it for Ultimate (presumably..) is because it's only their second time releasing MH4 ;) Ultimae 3 for Wii U was the third time it was released! Portable 3rd HD got lucky and was itself the rerelease, but we all know Capcom isn't going to turn down an opportunity to get more sales!

Nintendo wouldn't buy Capcom because there's no way that they could guarantee that the talent would stick around. That's why they don't generally do M&A (though they are looking into it for their QOL line and have already bought out a foreign company for $150 million supposedly).

If they want to see the likes of MH continue to stick around, they would rather work with Capcom on a game by game basis than buy the company outright and take on a heap of debt and massively increase Nintendo's own burn rate.

The only time that Nintendo ever do M&A in the VG industry is when the development staff who work for the company in question want to join them (See Monolith Soft or Mobiclip/NERD for example).

Nintendo wouldn't buy Capcom because there's no way that they could guarantee that the talent would stick around.

Who is actually left over there that is worth keeping?( serious question as I have no idea ) Most of the talent seemed to have moved elsewhere during the last generation. I wouldn't be buying Capcom for their talent but simply for their IPs.

Who is actually left over there that is worth keeping?( serious question as I have no idea ) Most of the talent seemed to have moved elsewhere during the last generation. I wouldn't be buying Capcom for their talent but simply for their IPs.

Shu Takumi's team (Ace Attorney, Ghost Trick), Ryoto Tsujimoto's team (Monster Hunter), Yoshinori Ono's team (Street Fighter) and Hideaki Itsuno's team (Devil May Cry 3, 4 and Dragon's Dogma).

All the other teams that you really care about are more or less gone though.

Shu Takumi's team (Ace Attorney, Ghost Trick), Ryoto Tsujimoto's team (Monster Hunter), Yoshinori Ono's team (Street Fighter) and Hideaki Itsuno's team (Devil May Cry 3, 4 and Dragon's Dogma).

All the other teams that you really care about are more or less gone though.

Cheers.

Yeah, not a lot left then. There's only Ghost Trick and Monster Hunter that I like out of those games there and even Monster Hunter is starting to annoy me due to the way they handle the series.

Devil May Cry 3 was godly but 4 was far too cheap and repetitive.

Dragons Dogma I couldn't get into. The whole thing screamed for online co-op play.

Although Street Fighter made a good comeback they have essentially killed the brand again with the stupid amount of DLC and new versions of the game.

Although Street Fighter made a good comeback they have essentially killed the brand again with the stupid amount of DLC and new versions of the game.

I kinda have to disagree with that. Street Fighter II's popularity was at its highest when there were several versions (and spin-offs) of it. Meanwhile, SFIII was unpopular due to being hard to get into, and the fact that there were "only" 3 versions of it shows it.

Street Fighter IV is still being supported by Capcom more than 5 years after initial release, and that goes to show just how popular the brand still is. It's just the model that's been working for Capcom for decades, now. And they have a strong presence in tournaments and the like.

Now, you know where Capcom screwed up? Overworking Ono until he got health problems, putting him back to the same schedule immediately after he recovered, refusing to let him pursue his ideas when they're not "safe" enough (the fact that he got SFIV greenlighted in the first place was an achievement in itself... and then they wouldn't let him work on anything that wasn't Street Fighter-related!)... Seriously, the inner workings of Capcom are pretty much rotten.

Nintendo have to buy them out.

I've been raving about Nintendo needing a Gran Turismo-ish racer since... the original Gran Turismo came out. Well, Capcom have made Auto Modellista before. Imagine what that would be like if brought up to todays standards. In other words, 500+ cars, better graphics

Nintendo buying 51% of Capcom would be the megaton. They would suddenly have all of the below franchises as exclusives, the kinda games that appeal to an audience Nintendo have long given up on.

Street Fighter

Resident Evil

Devil May Cry

Monster Hunter

Lost Planet

Dead Rising

Okami

Ace Attorney

Onimusha

Viewtiful Joe

Power Stone

Breath of Fire

Dino Crisis

2D Classics that need that Nintendo magic

Final Fight

Mega Man

Ghosts n Goblins / Ghouls n Ghosts

If they are serious about competing next gen with Microsoft & Sony, they need to seriously consider it.

Hell, they could do a deal with Microsoft, for example, Dead Rising for the Rare IPs (Banjo, Conker, Perfect Dark, Killer Instinct)

Oh and then of course the possibility of Nintendo Vs Capcom

It would be huge, but is it going to happen, no. Iwata won't do it.

It's sad looking at that list. It shows just how much Capcom have lost the plot.

I remember the first time I seen Onimusha. It looked amazing and it was the game that got me to invest in a PS2. It was such a good game and the second was even better!

Just look at what genres Nintendo would have under their belt if they invested. They would pretty much have everything covered.

Nintendo buying 51% of Capcom would be the megaton. They would suddenly have all of the below franchises as exclusives, the kinda games that appeal to an audience Nintendo have long given up on.

Street Fighter

Resident Evil

Devil May Cry

Monster Hunter

Lost Planet

Dead Rising

Okami

Ace Attorney

Onimusha

Viewtiful Joe

Power Stone

Breath of Fire

Dino Crisis

2D Classics that need that Nintendo magic

Final Fight

Mega Man

Ghosts n Goblins / Ghouls n Ghosts

If they are serious about competing next gen with Microsoft & Sony, they need to seriously consider it.

Hell, they could do a deal with Microsoft, for example, Dead Rising for the Rare IPs (Banjo, Conker, Perfect Dark, Killer Instinct)

Oh and then of course the possibility of Nintendo Vs Capcom

It would be huge, but is it going to happen, no. Iwata won't do it.

You've named them all I think or all I care about at least. There is one more to add, however:

Bionic Commando.

Just realised there hasn't been a street fighter game on a Nintendo home console since 1996 (Street Figher Alpha 2 on the SNES). How crazy is that.

Just realised there hasn't been a street fighter game on a Nintendo home console since 1996 (Street Figher Alpha 2 on the SNES). How crazy is that.

They also missed out on the amazing VS series of games. Marvel Vs Capcom 2 on the Dreamcast/PS2/Xbox was godly.

Either Nintendo or Sony for me. Although, Nintendo probably need them more. It would solve so many problems in the sense that Nintendo would then have an outlet who could then provide the games that they can't or won't. Capcom's games cover a wide range of genres.

I can't see Nintendo doing it. But, they SHOULD do it. If not them, it would be a smart move for Sony. Making the likes of Street Fight, Devil May Cry and Monster Hunter exclusives is a good bit of business.

I know, I mentioned it earlier that if it misses the Wii U that will be 4 home console generations that it will have missed a Nintendo platform. If someone suggested that back then, you'd have been laughed at and then certified.

Another franchise Capcom have is Strider.

If Iwata gets the boot next week, the new president buying Capcom would be a pretty big statement.

And what about Valve? That list of IPs would be a big gain for them, when they're trying to attract traditional console gamers with their Steam Box.

The Twist: Konami buys them and locks all of their franchises in the vault of no return.

The Twist: Konami buys them and locks all of their franchises in the vault of no return.

That's a red herring designed to deflect the attention from the real perpetrators. The real twist is that Microsoft are buying them to create new Kinect games, a la Rare.

I'd be pretty sad to see Capcom games going exclusively to some platform that I don't have though.