NEurope
Retro_Link

Splatoon

Game is so good. So so good. Really wish the maps weren't locked to 2 every four hours, and wish you could change weapons in a lobby, but minor niggles that surely be patched soon, right? Right? Please...

Going to try single player now then hop back online around midnight for an hour.

I could just keep playing turf wars for a long time, don't even mind the friends situation, love being with neuropers, virtual high fiving you all when we win :) Also love beating you! But that happens very rarely, I'm generally on the losing side. Dammit.

I really think the regular release of content will keep the game "fresh" for a long time. Just as I went off the stages changed, so tempted to stay on and play them. Already thinking what splat zones will be like. Every time a new map gets released everyone will dive back in, same with the modes, then August there'll be quite a bit of new stuff. Think it'll really play in the games favour.

Edited by dazzybee

Great games just now guys. : peace:

Noticed something weird on the last one though... I was shooting blanks for a while! :shakehead:heh:

Yeah, none of my ink was painting anything, then after a few seconds it all suddenly appeared. Lag I guess, hopefully it'll be a rare occurrence.

Anyway, looooving this game. It's jaw droppingly gorgeous and just so much fun to play! :love:

Yeah, when you start shooting blanks it means either your gonna get disconnected or someone else is.

Great games tonight. The match where me, RedShell, Glen-i and dazzybee were on the same team was amazing. We butchered the opposition. :D

@Mr\-Paul Yeah, the last boss had me smiling throughout the fight. Completely insane. :)

I really like this neat little touch for replaying story missions.

X770b90.jpg

Also:

UGy4DYp.jpg

Also:

UGy4DYp.jpg

Yeah, Miiverse graffiti is awesome. :awesome:

Love it. :grin:

Not many games get me to stay up this late these days :heh: but Splatoon is something very special indeed.:bowdown:

Not many games get me to stay up this late these days :heh: but Splatoon is something very special indeed.:bowdown:

Same for me. Usually i'm in bed by just after 10 but for the past two days i've been going to sleep close to midnight. I'm knackered when getting up for work. It has that just one more go factor. Last night I figured I would level some gear up and then call it a night but then I was close to rank 10, so I stayed on to reach that. I had to drag myself away from the game. :D

I had a crack at the Squid Amiibo levels yesterday and am happy to report they are a lot more challenging than the actual story stages. Even the earlier ones were pushing me to the limit.

The online is such a laugh. I have yet to switch weapons from the standard gun due to me loving the bubble shield. Using it at just the right time has saved me and netted me some kills plenty of times already. I also like how it surrounds a nearby player as well. There were a few times where I seen RedShell near me, so I swam to him, used my shield and we were both protected. Very handy.

The gear system is great. Leveling it up and then hoping you hit the jackpot to get an ability you want feels great. I also found myself walking around the city, looking at recently met players to see if they had any good gear to order. I found one guy who had a decent hat, so I slammed in an order for it and it should arrive when I fire the game back up.

Sadly, I won't be able to play on the game much today. I've got work, then dentist and then the cinema. Freaking social life. :heh:

Same for me. Usually i'm in bed by just after 10 but for the past two days i've been going to sleep close to midnight. I'm knackered when getting up for work. It has that just one more go factor. Last night I figured I would level some gear up and then call it a night but then I was close to rank 10, so I stayed on to reach that. I had to drag myself away from the game. :D

I had a crack at the Squid Amiibo levels yesterday and am happy to report they are a lot more challenging than the actual story stages. Even the earlier ones were pushing me to the limit.

The online is such a laugh. I have yet to switch weapons from the standard gun due to me loving the bubble shield. Using it at just the right time has saved me and netted me some kills plenty of times already. I also like how it surrounds a nearby player as well. There were a few times where I seen RedShell near me, so I swam to him, used my shield and we were both protected. Very handy.

The gear system is great. Leveling it up and then hoping you hit the jackpot to get an ability you want feels great. I also found myself walking around the city, looking at recently met players to see if they had any good gear to order. I found one guy who had a decent hat, so I slammed in an order for it and it should arrive when I fire the game back up.

Sadly, I won't be able to play on the game much today. I've got work, then dentist and then the cinema. Freaking social life. :heh:

So glad you changed your tune about this :)

I'll be back on it on Monday. Off to Manchester for the weekend!

So glad you changed your tune about this :)

I'll happily admit when i'm wrong about something and this is certainly the case with this. I didn't expect to enjoy it this much. It's still early days but i've loved the time i've spent on it already.

My special edition is waiting for me for pickup at local store. Too bad I have "work" to od until 16.00, but after that, I'm free to go. Even better, my GF went to visit her mom this weekend, so I can play all the time.

Yeah I loved the fact if you're next to someone with the shield they get it too, great idea. The little touches to this game are just incredible. This will be great with a group of us on Skype though, a few tactical changes, but mainly the fun of winning with, or destroying each other! Have a bit of work this morning, but hoping to blitz the single player before online madness tonight!

Was gonna say - H-o-T has both figuratively and literally just sold me on the game. I'm in Wales next week then working Sunday so won't be on this weekend or next, but I'll be cracking on in the evenings once I can.

Was gonna say - H-o-T has both figuratively and literally just sold me on the game. I'm in Wales next week then working Sunday so won't be on this weekend or next, but I'll be cracking on in the evenings once I can.

Same for me tbh! Great job H-o-T..do you work for Nintendo?!

I had a fantastic few matches on this last night, I ended up getting on late last night at around midnight after finishing some reviews but I had some excellent games with some of you including @RedShell who seemed proficient with his weapon of choice, @VsPhoenix you were lethal with that paint roller :D plus I'm sure I saw a couple of other N-E players on there too, I'm sure I saw Dazzy and Mike in the games as well. (I'm pretty sure it was all of you I played with, going by your screen names)

Either way it was really fun, I think at around 1:30am I decided to call it a night - or morning - after I'd nearly levelled up, I can't wait to play some more games with - or against - you all again tonight though, I'll probably be on at a similar time tonight if I'm not too tired from work. : peace:

Also unpacked my amiibo figures last night while watching the bonus round podcast, they are all so detailed and I'm so glad that I decided to go for them, I may start using them tonight... for anyone who has scanned them in, are the bonus arcade games any good? Plus can you choose which one you want to play while you're in the lobbies?

Same for me tbh! Great job H-o-T..do you work for Nintendo?!

Just don't come blaming me if you don't like the game. :D

God this is good.

Had a few disconnects but apart from that, it's just so much fun! Found the ink roller really suits me early on, gone from around 400/500p to around 1000p per match with it, outrageously satisfying rolling someone!!

Only down side has been I went with the eshop version, and I can't find my 10% off amiibo code :(

I had a fantastic few matches on this last night, I ended up getting on late last night at around midnight after finishing some reviews but I had some excellent games with some of you including @RedShell who seemed proficient with his weapon of choice, @VsPhoenix you were lethal with that paint roller :D plus I'm sure I saw a couple of other N-E players on there too, I'm sure I saw Dazzy and Mike in the games as well. (I'm pretty sure it was all of you I played with, going by your screen names)

Either way it was really fun, I think at around 1:30am I decided to call it a night - or morning - after I'd nearly levelled up, I can't wait to play some more games with - or against - you all again tonight though, I'll probably be on at a similar time tonight if I'm not too tired from work. : peace:

Also unpacked my amiibo figures last night while watching the bonus round podcast, they are all so detailed and I'm so glad that I decided to go for them, I may start using them tonight... for anyone who has scanned them in, are the bonus arcade games any good? Plus can you choose which one you want to play while you're in the lobbies?

Yeah we had quite a few games together (Sam isn't it?). So who's on tonight?! And does anyone fancy setting up a Skype group? Said it a few times now with no reply so I presume no :)

God this is good.

Had a few disconnects but apart from that, it's just so much fun! Found the ink roller really suits me early on, gone from around 400/500p to around 1000p per match with it, outrageously satisfying rolling someone!!

Only down side has been I went with the eshop version, and I can't find my 10% off amiibo code :(

I used the roller most of the time during the demo but have yet to touch it on the main game. I haven't really used any other weapon yet as I enjoy the benefits of the bubble shield too much. :D

It seems a lot less people are using the roller online, as well. During the demo you would see teams made up over rollers but now they seem to be few and far between. The most i've seen them used so far is when playing with/against DCubed and Glen-i.

Yeah we had quite a few games together (Sam isn't it?). So who's on tonight?! And does anyone fancy setting up a Skype group? Said it a few times now with no reply so I presume no :)

I've just signed up to Skype ( never used the thing before ) so I will need to add you. Can I plug a normal headset into my phone and use that?

Some pictures of upcoming stages...

Port Mackerel

gS8VaCG.png

Bluefin Depot

REW7n6Z.png

Kelp Dome

ezSj9eY.png

Camp Triggerfish

3gWnxJ3.png

Supposedly Kelp Dome actually appears in the single player mode, so I guess that means that these stages are actually already on the disc and are just being made available as time goes on; rather than them being added later on as DLC...

... So the game hasn't been released as unfinished as I thought! :D

The Summer Update probably will be all stuff that isn't on the disc though.

Edited by Dcubed

Bluefin Depot is in the single player too, as is Port Mackerel. I don't recognise Camp Triggerfish though, but my memory might just be bad!

Been playing online this morning, but sadly is time for work.

Very fun game. Just got to level 4 so bought some new gear and bought the charge weapon.

Started to get used to the hybrid control although i still start every match staring at the floor :D

Can't wait to get back on it.

So it's more that Nintendo have some strange "release schedule" for different parts? These maps are in the game and are finished, but will be released later as free "DLC".

I think Nintendo are doing this in an attempt to get "casual" gamers used to the game. Ranked battles aren't opening until enough people are "ready" for it, and this seems to be the same thing - get people used to the maps before giving them access to more.

Hopefully they eventually remove the two map rotation at some point, too. Actually, the box looks like it could be bumped up to three.

OK peeps how is the single player and is it any good?

Also, can you play using Pro controller?

Answer yes to both of these and i'll probably be taking myself off somewhere to purchase! :heh:

Walking around the city I see Inklings with speech bubbles above them. How do you write something for your Inkling to say? I wanna advertise this place. :D

OK peeps how is the single player and is it any good?

Also, can you play using Pro controller?

Answer yes to both of these and i'll probably be taking myself off somewhere to purchase! :heh:

Single player is pretty short ( about 5-6 hours ) but fun. The Amiibo stuff looks to be more promising.

Pro Controller can't be used in single player.

Walking around the city I see Inklings with speech bubbles above them. How do you write something for your Inkling to say? I wanna advertise this place. :D

I'm guessing it's your latest non-screenshot Splatoon Miiverse post.