NEurope
Retro_Link

Splatoon

Felt pretty dirty grabbing four shells after contributing absolutely nothing to the win.

Anyone on tonight? Either set up a private lobby or form a squid army if there aren't many of us?

I may be later on in the evening.. like 10pm-ish.

I'll let you know later if that's any good for you?

Rainmaker looks fun, very similar to Tower Control, I do wonder how good it would be if the holder COULDN'T fire, almost like a body guard mode, so the rest of the team had to protect them, though I guess it'll still be like that anyway. Can't wait!!

Will it still be a 4 hour mode rotation?!

What's this rainmaker business??

new mode that comes out tomorrow:

http://splatoonus.tumblr.com/post/126588896567/news-flash-tomorrow-evening-at-7-pm-pt-a-new

NEWS FLASH! Tomorrow evening at 7 PM PT, a new mode will join Splat Zones and Tower Control in the Ranked Battle playlist!

Introducing…. Rainmaker! In Rainmaker, both teams compete to snag the, uhhh, Rainmaker. Once you’ve got it, the goal is to carry it into the other team’s base!

How’s it work, you ask? As soon as the battle begins, grab onto that Rainmaker! It’s guarded by a shield, though, so you’ll need to bust it out first. Once you snag it, head for the other team’s base. And be quick about it!

If you run out of time or get splatted, the Rainmaker will be dropped and its shield will also reactivate. The Rainmaker is crazy heavy, so you can’t Super Jump while carrying it. Hopefully your teammates will watch your back!

But don’t think the Rainmaker is just some shiny object - it can shoot ink like an Inkzooka. You can even hold to charge the Rainmaker up for an extra-powerful shot! The closer you get to the enemy base while holding the Rainmaker, the lower your goal distance will drop. If you retreat too far while holding the Rainmaker, it’ll explode sooner! If the battle ends without anyone carrying the Rainmaker to the goal, the team with the lowest goal distance will win.

tumblr_nszp5dJon81u3akyno5_1280.jpg

Edited by Helmsly

Will Rainmaker be available in Squad Battles?

Yeah of course, aren't squad battles for all ranked modes?

10 was too late for me yesterday, busy all day today, spurs game tomorrow, but tomorrow night. PRIVATE MATCHES!??!!? Try out this new mode? Who's up for that?

I must say, after the August update this game is starting to live up to it's potential a little. It still has niggles that don't quite elevate it to greatness in my eyes but it's finally a more well-rounded effort. I'd give it an 8/10 after a re-review.

Although I'll not be on much this weekend, hopefully I'll get on at some point for some more Private/Squad Battle shenanigans over Skype!

Yeah of course, aren't squad battles for all ranked modes?

10 was too late for me yesterday, busy all day today, spurs game tomorrow, but tomorrow night. PRIVATE MATCHES!??!!? Try out this new mode? Who's up for that?

Tomorrow's the N-E meet, so I won't be on! Get yourself down to that instead!

Tomorrow's the N-E meet, so I won't be on! Get yourself down to that instead!

Thought that was today! I'm at the Spurs game!

Thought that was today! I'm at the Spurs game!

We're hanging out at Zell's tonight, then tomorrow is Hyde Park in the day then going to Scenario gaming bar in Stoke Newington in the eve - get yourself down there after Spurs! We'll be there from 7:30 :)

We're hanging out at Zell's tonight, then tomorrow is Hyde Park in the day then going to Scenario gaming bar in Stoke Newington in the eve - get yourself down there after Spurs! We'll be there from 7:30 :)

Great bar. Did the FIFA tournament nights there for a while when I lived that way!

Just got back into the country and got my 4 sea snails, I didn't think they'd still be available this long after the splatfest.

Meat was fucking great.

However I am back to my house and splatoon and decidedly not working. Who's gonna carry on my n-e fix with some online??

Meat was fucking great.

However I am back to my house and splatoon and decidedly not working. Who's gonna carry on my n-e fix with some online??

I'll be on in a couple of minutes if anyone else fancies a few games

Edited by Pestneb

I'll be on in a couple of minutes if anyone else fancies a few games

Despite sleeping my way thru a lot of the meat i was napping again, sorry!

Been playing some TC since 7 tho and...kinda destroying it. Custom dual squelcher's rsnge/power makes an excellent choice. Tempts me to move to a charger at some point...

EDIT: Spoke too soon, just got absolutely merked -.-

Edited by Rummy

Anyone planning some Splatooning for tomorrow night? Wouldn't mind trying the rainmaker in privates if I can't get a bit on rotation this eve(not played it yet).

Also does anyone know if there was/is an English language equivalent of that Japanese site you can log into with your NNID? Expected we'd get an equivalent...