NEurope
Retro_Link

Splatoon

Didn't we already know that?!?!

And yey, they've fixed Splatfests point multiplyer like we wanted!

Didn't we already know that?!?!

And yey, they've fixed Splatfests point multiplyer like we wanted!

Yep I'm happy with that myself! Although...

- If your rank changes while playing in Ranked Battle, you will automatically be returned to the lobby.

No! No no no! Luckily it isn't usually hard to find a ranked battle game so you can jump back in fairly quickly but it's still unneccessary imo. I'm also wondering - will this now affect the squad battles etc too?

In fact...can you not team up for a squad battle if you and a teammate are different ranks??

No! No no no! Luckily it isn't usually hard to find a ranked battle game so you can jump back in fairly quickly but it's still unneccessary imo. I'm also wondering - will this now affect the squad battles etc too?

In fact...can you not team up for a squad battle if you and a teammate are different ranks??

It only says you get returned to lobby in Ranked Battle, not Squad Battle.

Also, I think blocking progression for S/S+ for Squad Battles is to allow the mixture of ranks in that mode (so people can't "abuse" it by playing with low-ranked friends to get easier opponents).

I'll be up for some Splatting on Thursday. Will we make allowances for those in the MK league? So no Splatting between 8-9pm. Otherwise, I'll be playing as much as I can with you guys.

I'll be up for some Splatting on Thursday. Will we make allowances for those in the MK league? So no Splatting between 8-9pm. Otherwise, I'll be playing as much as I can with you guys.

I don't see any reason for a clash, just leave, join mk league then come back after? depends on how the set up is though... hopefully it allows for that flexibility.

In any case, I would imagine there will be enough of us to have several teams... if there are 2/4 people in the mk league then if they all set up a team that would seem the easiest work around? I guess it's all slightly hypothetical until we get hands on to see how it works out in the wild.

With the Splatfest this weekend, are they gonna lock off the potentially awesome new playlists on Saturday and Sunday? :(

Change of plan, I will probably be around tomorrow, may nto be around for thursday evening : /

With the Splatfest this weekend, are they gonna lock off the potentially awesome new playlists on Saturday and Sunday? :(

Y'kno, that's actually a very excellent question...it may be that they won't! Be interesting to see how popular everything is if they don't?

I'm with Pestneb as I don't play MK - so I'll just Splat on through with whoever wants to! I'll probably call it a night by 10 or half 10 myself - if I go past the 11pm map change it never works out well for me!

Are people up for splatoon Tuesdays from tomorrow? I presumed NEXT Tuesday after the update.

As for Thursday, what time shall we start? Let's get this organised - can't wait! I'll make a list of people confirmed as to be honest I'm sure more than 8 will be up for it. First come first serve!

I'm up for both Tuesdays and this Thursday :D

Tomorrow, I'll be on from 6.30-7pm ish

I can't say firmly yes for Thursday, but I will 80% say yes to it.

Tomorrow I should be around, got to level up my splatfest t-shirt (assuming I'll be using it!)

Are people up for splatoon Tuesdays from tomorrow? I presumed NEXT Tuesday after the update.

As for Thursday, what time shall we start? Let's get this organised - can't wait! I'll make a list of people confirmed as to be honest I'm sure more than 8 will be up for it. First come first serve!

I probably won't be in for tonight due to working til 9, but I reckon I'd be regular to semi-regular on Tuesdays going forwards. Thursday I can probably knock off early, so I'm really good for any time at all.

Forgot to mention earlier - but certainly interested by that gattling gun thingy!

Wish I could join you guys on Thursday, but currently in France until Friday night!

just played one of the most ineffective teams yet.

bluefin depot, I was just in front of their spawn point painting it under the watchful gaze of two snipers... who kept on missing :D it was quite funny, they just sat there trying to shoot me while the rest of my team were painting the whole map : /

I'm wishing they had those new levels unlocked already! just getting the last few slots unlocked on my current gear at the moment

I'm really enjoying the matches this evening!

Edited by Pestneb

I've been doing a lot of gear levelling, but its much quicker in ranked than TW

tbh I'm trying to pace myself a bit, waiting for those super sea snails to upgrade more equipment. Having said that, I do feel a little bad for the poor guys!

I'm really enjoying the matches this evening!

And me. Although I think we may have just slaughtered a group of children? :D

And me. Although I think we may have just slaughtered a group of children? :D

points are points!

Think I'll head off once I have 721 more points, call it a night before I look at the clock and realise it's wednesday!

1657p... 12 splats.. splatted.. yeah think you may have found a bunch of kids :P Have fun racking up those points though! (anyone wanting to upgrade their splatfest t-shirts is well advised to join DuD :P)

Haa. Good games :)

I've gone ranked now.. mix it up a bit

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wiiu/agmj/update/index.html

Splatfest changes

- At the conclusion of Splatfest, the win percentage contribution multiplier has been changed from 2x to 4x.

I did a quick check to see how this would have changed the past splatfest results. below I list every final score result that would have produced a different winner:

Yup. Every single one. No change. Most popular still wins with that same exception of roller coasters and water slides.