NEurope
Retro_Link

Captain Toad: Treasure Trackers

I was thinking about posting that trailer but it looked incredibly lame so meh...

I was thinking about posting that trailer but it looked incredibly lame so meh...

Well you think this entire game looks lame so what do you know :p

Well you think this entire game looks lame so what do you know :p

The game looks fine. But this is really boring amiibo integration. A pixel hunt? Yay!? Eh, no thanks.

I think this is awful amiibo integration too. We were all chatting about character themed levels and such and we get this. Even the other ambit stuff is terrible. Extra lives?! The last thing you need in this game is an extra life!

Wait, I don't understand how the treasure hunt works. So you just have to have the pixel Toad on camera for the countdown to begin? That seems like the game would almost find it for you.

Hopefully you'll also have to be in some vicinity of it. Otherwise you could just pan the camera around from the start.

I'd also hope it moves around a bit :D

if they made a level editor unlockable once you use your amiibo 10 times in a row, or something silly like that.. you can save upto 10 levels. Once you have successfully completed your level it is findable by your friends.. and you can put in pixel art from any amiibo you scan in (while creating the level).

There, simple way of them creating content that uses amiibo, next to no work for Nintendo (Yes Serebii I know a level editor would be tricky-ish to program.. but less so than creating a million unique levels)

Maybe even make it link to the mario series amiibo more directly, so each amiibo unlocks a terrain type, or a device, or an enemy. So for those who invest in lots of amiibo get a bunch of tools in their editor, those without (or without friends with the whole series between them) have a more simplistic level creator.

There, simple way of them creating content that uses amiibo, next to no work for Nintendo (Yes Serebii I know a level editor would be tricky-ish to program.. but less so than creating a million unique levels)

They used a level editor to create this game from SM3DW just like they made NSLU from NSMBU. :p

What is your objection to this game again @Wii? Is it just the fact it was a full game made out of 'bonus levels' from SM3DW and thus deemed a bit lazy?

You surely can't deny the visuals, characters, and quality of the levels themselves as puzzles.

What is your objection to this game again @Wii? Is it just the fact it was a full game made out of 'bonus levels' from SM3DW and thus deemed a bit lazy?

You surely can't deny the visuals, characters, and quality of the levels themselves as puzzles.

Yes and I'm not sure about the word "full" either. I don't think Toad is a very interesting character. Just because he's been around since the start doesn't make him any more compelling as a lead character. I don't like his diaper or his annoying voice but yes some of the gameplay seems enjoyable and yes the graphics are very nice. There's other silly stuff like Toadette who looks like a girl yet isn't.

They should broaden their characters rather than Toad, Toadette. Wario, Waluigi. Mario, Luigi. Etc. I know why they do it as it's the market they aim at. I just find some of it fairly infantile.

Edited by Wii

@Wii You could say the same about Luigi though until they gave him great characterisation through the Luigi's Mansion series, and now look at him go! It'd just be intriguing for you to give this game a go, or a rent or something and see if you enjoy it.

They should broaden their characters

You mean like

Splatoon1-625x468.jpg

Stop being so stubborn, open your eyes and give a game that we all love a go.

I was talking about within the Mario Universe and no I'll get games that I find interesting and when I'm good and ready. No way I'd pay €45 for something I don't find that outstanding or compelling to begin with. When it's €20 or less I might bite.

[Captain Toad] Early Hide-and-seek Gameplay

:blank::hmm::wtf::hmm::blank:

Love it!

The fact that you get a little mark in your book means I need to find them all. :D

Oh no, there's a mark?

Well, if @Dcubed gets a Toad Amiibo, I'll have no choice but to find them all...

Edited by Glen-i
Automerged Doublepost

Love it!

The fact that you get a little mark in your book means I need to find them all. :D

You and me both.

It's not a huge thing, sure, but it's a cute little mini-game that'll be worth doing.

Would I have preferred something more substantial? Sure, though people do seem to forget that Nintendo don't want to lock lots of content behind amiibo.

Frankly, a tenner for an awesome little Toad figurine is more than enough for me. This is just bonus content.

Oh no, there's a mark?

Well, if @Dcubed gets a Toad Amiibo, I'll have no choice but to find them all...

Funny you should say that...

265BB3F1-B0A5-495A-9F27-A30D126453C1_zps2qfonowx.png

;)

Well, I'm gonna be replaying this sooner than I thought I would then.

How am I supposed to finish FF8 with you buying Amiibos!?

How!?

I just bought this today :yay:

I decided to treat myself as I have a few £8 off vouchers for Sainsburys over the next couple of weeks when you spend £40. As this was £29.99, I effectively got it for £22.. and I can't wait to play it :grin:

Unfortunately, I'm off to work in 5 minutes so I'll have to wait until tomorrow to try it out. I'm contemplating Majora's Mask 3D with next week's voucher :heh:

I just bought this today :yay:

I decided to treat myself as I have a few £8 off vouchers for Sainsburys over the next couple of weeks when you spend £40. As this was £29.99, I effectively got it for £22.. and I can't wait to play it :grin:

Unfortunately, I'm off to work in 5 minutes so I'll have to wait until tomorrow to try it out. I'm contemplating Majora's Mask 3D with next week's voucher :heh:

Good man.

I can't wait to delve back into it. I think i'm gonna have a bit of a Nintendo binge over the weekend, with this and Mario Party 10 leading the way.

@Serebii I take it we haven't got the update for the Amiibo stuff yet? Just fired the game up and got nothing. :(

Edited by Hero-of-Time
Automerged Doublepost

Good man.

I can't wait to delve back into it. I think i'm gonna have a bit of a Nintendo binge over the weekend, with this and Mario Party 10 leading the way.

@Serebii I take it we haven't got the update for the Amiibo stuff yet? Just fired the game up and got nothing. :(

Not yet. Seems it'll come Friday