Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Mario Kart 8 |OT| [SPOILERS]

RedShell

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It somewhat saddens me that this borrows F-Zero's anti-gravity and track design elements that would otherwise feel at home in that series such as 90 degree hairpins and inverted sections. It just feels like the two series have been merged and F-Zero has been phased out. The hang gliders, bikes and underwater sections have been retained from previous Mario Karts, there's nothing to say anti-gravity sections aren't here to stay in the series too.

They say they won't do a new F-Zero because they can't think of the next 'gimmick', well is this the gimmick Mario Kart needed? It's Mario Kart... would anyone really have said anything if Karts had driven sideways/upside-down on tracks normally.

So excited for this game, but I just don't understand what's happening with F-Zero as a series.

Edited by Retro_Link

Oh I think it's a fun addition for Mario Kart too!... just one that seems to weaken F-Zero even more. Now F-Zero is 'more anti-gravity' within Nintendo and one that didn't have the pulling power of Mario Kart to begin with.

But yeah, it is what it is, this will be great and F-Zero is just kind of lost/not even close to being a priority.

I'd take and love that GX HD online remake too! Or an HD online remake of F-Zero X :)

God that looks painfully slow. Even for 100cc...
Looks about right to me. :blank:

We're obviously not seeing it at 60fps either (far from it with that vid :hehe:) but yeah, don't be expecting MK8 to be any slower/faster than previous games in the series.

There seemed to be lots of options there for multiplayer, but nothing to suggest deeper item customisation.
It's unlikely that's the final build of the game. We're probably not going to be seeing any of that kind of stuff until just before the game gets released, or if Nintendo do a MK8 Direct.

Looks about right to me. :blank:

We're obviously not seeing it at 60fps either (far from it with that vid :hehe:) but yeah, don't be expecting MK8 to be any slower/faster than previous games in the series.

It's unlikely that's the final build of the game. We're probably not going to be seeing any of that kind of stuff until just before the game gets released, or if Nintendo do a MK8 Direct.

Yeah maybe. Hopefully. The fact they were AWFUL at the game probably didn't help :)

I have such a busy month ahead of me now. Perfect. It calms down a few days before this comes out!

Really disappointed by the speed of the racing in that video...100cc was it? Really hope 150cc is a step up because MK:Wii and MK7 were too slow for me..I'd struggle to stay interested, particularly on the really wide tracks where there is no sense of speed.

Hopefully 150cc will feel fast, tight and responsive...hoping to see more footage soon!

Do games like Wii sports and such say GAME CHAT? And what about games with actual voice chat, how's it described there?

Wii Sports Club lists:

Supports Internet Play

• Online Multiplayer
  • Online Multiplayer
  • Leaderboards
  • Miiverse

Call of Duty Ghosts lists nothing, just that it supports online

Need for Speed: Most Wanted U lists

Supports Internet Play

• Online Multiplayer
  • Leaderboards
  • Miiverse
  • Game Chat

Monster Hunter 3 also lists it as Game Chat.

So, it's happening!

Mario Kart with voice chat... GAME OVER!

Anybody want to buy 20+ Wii U games, I don't think I'll be playing them anymore.

For the love of God! Nintendo will you just confirm this once and for all.

If it's voice-chat, colour me (finally) hyped!

Please God let it be true. It must be game chat, it would seem bizarre to mention it otherwise.

I have a feeling this Gif will come in handy when we get to see this 'game chat' in action.

Peter-Griffin-Puts-on-Graduate-Hat.gif

I have a feeling this Gif will come in handy when we get to see this 'game chat' in action.

Peter-Griffin-Puts-on-Graduate-Hat.gif

Given how it's Nintendo we're talking about, I'd never feel ridiculous doubting they'd have full-fledged voice chat in a game. Never at all.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!