N-Europe

3DS 2014 and beyond upcoming releases

Ike

Due to “popular” demand, I bring you the 3DS 2014 thread, the sequel to the Wii U upcoming releases thread!

Mario Party Island Tour

17/01/2014

There’s no party like a Mario Party and the second handheld game in the series. With 7 new boards to play in Party Mode, 80 mini games, a new “Bowser’s Tower” mode as well as StreetPass features to unlock extra collectables.

Features local multiplayer with full download play, but no online play. Friends sold separately.

Inazuma Eleven 3: Team Ogre Attacks

14/02/2014

The final game in the Inazuma Eleven 3 series. Team Ogre have travelled back in time 80 years and defeat the Inazuma National to change the course history and it’s up to the main series hero Mark Evans and his great grandson from the future to stop them. My head hurts. Link up with the previous Inazuma Eleven 3 games to unlock extra characters and items.

Senran Kagura Burst

28/02/14

In this game you play as Schoolgirl ninjas who lose their clothes when they take damage. Erm. Yeah.

*preorders*

It's a side scroller beat-em-up in case you couldn't tell. Apparently the gameplay is pretty good and seems to been reviewed well in the US.

Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney

28/03/2014

“Objection!”

“It’s not gentlemanly to point, Mr. Wright”

A mysterious book transports Professor Layton, Luke, Phoenix Wright and Maya Fey to the strange Labyrinth City where Witches are said to live.

Each chapter plays like the respective characters own series gameplay style, with Layton exploring the city and solving the puzzles while Pheonix must defend Espella in the courtroom who has been accused of being a witch and save her from being burned at the stake.

The main story was handled by Shu Takumi, the main director of the Ace Attorney series.

Kirby Triple Deluxe

Q1 2014

Want a side of fries with that order? Kirby jumps in to 3D on the 3DS for the first time, enemy attacks and environmental hazards will fly out of the screen! If only real life was 3D! Kirby has also copied DKCR’s ability to move into the foreground and background. Of course it being a Kirby game, it also comes with a selection of mini games; Kirby Fighters, think Smash Bros. but the only playable character is Kirby and Dedede's Drum Dash, play as King Dedede and bounce off drums in time to the music and collect coins.

The Kirby series is notorious for it’s game difficulty, good luck completing this game.

Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millenium Girl

Q2/Q3 2014

A remake of the original Etrian Odyssey games originally released on the DS but this version introduces a story mode with fixed characters, anime cut scenes and voice acting as well as a classic mode that plays like the original.

Super Smash Bros.

Q2/Q4 2014

The 3DS features a slightly different look to the console big brother in order to make it easier to see what’s going on on a smaller screen and things tend to get pretty hectic. The handheld version features levels based off other series’ handheld titles which is a pretty nice touch. Character customisations are transferable between the 2 version.

Mario Golf World Tour

Q2/Q3 2014

A “Year-of-Luigi-but-not-really” title. Not much known about this, but i suspect it involves golf in some way. Online mutiplayer has been confirmed as well as scoreboards and will also use similar community features as seen in Mario Kart.

Yoshi’s New Island

Q2 2014

The first Yoshi’s Island since 2006, and unfortunately named under the “New” moniker, where you play as Yoshi in order to get Baby Mario to the end of the level safely. The “gimmick” this time is the ability to eat oversized enemies to produce giant eggs which will allow Yoshi to destroy objects he wouldn’t normally and gain access to new areas and secrets.

Levels so far seem to be based on previous games level, but it’s not a remake. The original game director is on also on board.

Shantae and the Pirate's Curse

Q1 2014 (eShop)

Help Shantae find the One Piece become King of the Pirates, wait wrong series. Follow up to the DSiWare title, Shantae has lost her genie powers and Sequin Land is under attack by pirates! Shantae must use items used by the Pirates themselves in order to help her defeat the enemy while trying to restore her own powers.

Chibi-Robo! Let's Go, Photo!

Q1 2014? (eShop)

Sadly, the DS game never made it to Europe but hopefully he will make it thanks to the eShop. Help “Mr. Curator” fill out his museum by taking photos of objects from the “real world” (whatever that means, I’m just a kid!). And by objects I mean toilet roll. What kind of museum is this anyway?

Weapon Shop De Omsasse

Q1/Q2 2014 (eShop)

Originally part of Level-5’s Guild 01 series, the game was originally never localised when brought over to English, possible due to the voice work. Play as the unsung hero of the RPG, the weapon blacksmith, and forge weapons in rhythm based mini games to sell to Adventurers.

Nintendo Pocket Football Club

2014 (eShop)

Known as Culchopit in Japan, it's a football management sim with some pretty nice 8-bit pixel style sprites. Features local and online multiplayer modes.

The rest…

The Lego Movie Videogame (14/02/14), Pac Man and the Ghostly Adventures (07/03/14), Mario and Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games (What happened to this?), Scribblenauts Unmasked (Q3/Q4 2014).

If we’re lucky…

Monster Hunter 4, Dragon Quest VII…

A lot of games due in the next 2 quarters but not much is known about what's in store for Q3/Q4 at the moment.

Make sure to check out Redshell’s Release Dates thread for the latest release dates (though I’ll try to keep this up to date).

Edited by Ike

Thanks for doing this, Ike. I was wondering what 3DS releases there were this year (genuinely wondering, not necessarily thinking there weren't any). Personally, I'm looking forward to:

Senran Kagura Burst - I'm not sure how good it'll be, but want to support it.

Etrian Odyssey Untold - Oh man! I've still to finish IV, which is a good game but I can't find the time at the moment.

Weapon Shop De Omsasse - Not sure about this one, but I actually like the idea more than any of the the other Guild 01 games.

Dragon Quest VII - If it's out.

Shantae and the Pirate's Curse - At the moment, this is the game I'm looking forward to most this year.

Shantae and the Pirate's Curse - At the moment, this is the game I'm looking forward to most this year.

Ah, forgot about Shantae. I'm looking forward to that as well (and the other one). Seems to have been in development forever though.

Senran Kagura Burst

28/02/14

In this game you play as Schoolgirl ninjas who lose their clothes when they take damage. Erm. Yeah.

*preorders*

It's a side scroller beat-em-up in case you couldn't tell. Apparently the gameplay is pretty good and seems to been reviewed well in the US.

I hadn't heard of this game before reading this thread, but it looks a bit similar to Muramasa: The Demon Blade, enough so that I now want it.

Some delicious looking games coming up.

I reallllllly want Mario Party but I just know it'll be shit playing it on my own :(

Also really looking forward to Yoshi, Kirby, Mario Golf, Smash Bros and Prof Layton / Phoenix Wright.

Maybe if Sega could throw in some more 3d Classics this year too that'd make it an even sexier line line up. :heh:

Senran Kagura Burst - I'm not sure how good it'll be, but want to support it.

I hadn't heard of this game before reading this thread, but it looks a bit similar to Muramasa: The Demon Blade, enough so that I now want it.

Yeah, same here.

And let's face it, the characters in this game could do with some support. :laughing:

Probably not a game you'll want to buy from your local store though. ;)

Added Shantae and Nintendo Pocket Football Club.

Yeah, same here.

And let's face it, the characters in this game could do with some support. :laughing:

Can't believe I missed that one. :laughing:

Probably not a game you'll want to buy from your local store though. ;)

No, it's fine. I'm perfectly happy to...

SKB_PEGI_PS_3D-e1389862343862.png

...flipping heck! :o:eek:

Senran Kagura Burst is about the only game I'm looking forward to. Should be fun gameplay (and y'know).

^For more scrolling beaters there's a PS3 game called Dragon's Crown, which is just all swooshin' awesome. It's out of course but I haven't got it yet. The Witch and the Hundred Knights also looks awesome (not out) but it's got no bloody co-op. There's a bit of ARPG swish to them.

I'd look forward to the main console games more if my setup was more accessible (main room...ALWAYS someone watching TV, or someone else playing games. Usually I only play on the big screen if it's co-op now). Which unfortunately, is my only real good option at the moment. My portables have been my main gaming source for years now.

I enjoyed the first Inazuma 11, but sold my copy of 11-2 when I heard about the trilogy copy and rumours of a UK release...which then never happened. I may play catch-up. Undecided.

Kirby's look fun, but I'm like 3-4 Kirby's behind. I know there's no story issue, but with gameplay improvements, playing past games after will make them seem "less".

I enjoyed Shantae on the eShop, so will probably get that sequel (huge backlog of eShop games withstanding).

2013 was great for 3DS but this year the only 3DS game I'm getting is Mario Golf, and Monster Hunter 4 if Capcom decide to bring it here. Whatever happened to Devilish Brain Training? I was really looking forward to buying that last year but they suddenly decided to postpone the release and haven't mentioned it since.

SKB_PEGI_PS_3D-e1389862343862.png

I wanted to sell my 3DS...now I won't :D

I sooooo want to buy it in store ( boxart is awesome ), just to see the reactions I get, especially if it's a female worker.

Either do that:

barney-stinson.gif

or creepily stare into her eyes during the whole transaction. And then say: "Yeah, it's for my 3DS...XL - if you know what I mean."

67037-Christian-Bale-oh-kiss-reactio-NZEo.gif

tumblr_mhy99gFYve1rg8ypco1_400.gif

I know, this is not the Love? Relationships? Boy girl stuff? Complaints and appraisals! Gifs be welcome. thread.

Anyway, line-up looks fine. Probably won't sell my 3DS for real now. :)