NEurope
Ashley

Hyrule Warriors

I've helped @RedShell twice in Adventure Mode since my last post in this thread (that guy is so useless). Still not received any bonus myself from other players. Ah well.

I feel like showing off a couple of things I unlocked today!

moY5vNJ.jpg?1

The Zora Tunic! If the game would let me swim, I could breathe underwater indefinitely!

bgGi0Dz.jpg?1

The Power Glove and Chain Chomp! Sadly, no Chain Chomp sound effects included.

He should probably hold that thing on the other, less toothy side...

I also tried doing the first stage of Legend Mode on the hardest difficulty. I just managed to succeed with my level 45 Link, but I think I'll not come back to that difficulty until I've levelled up my characters a lot more. Everything hits hard and takes a lot longer to take down. It took so long to beat King Dodongo that the monster managed to get into Hyrule Castle. A close finish, then!

How'd you get that tunic??

• First, you need to complete one of those illustrations (the ones you have to kill Skulltulas to collect pieces for). For the Zora Tunic in particular, you have to collect the Skulltulas from Legend Mode. I got each Skulltula on my first playthrough of Legend Mode, which unlocked a second batch of Skulltulas for Legend Mode. I then got the extra Skulltula from the first and second level to complete the picture.
  • Completing an illustration will unlock a Rewards Map in Adventure Mode. beat the mission available on that map to unlock the Zora Tunic! You don't even need to get an A Rank! Each completed illustration will give you an additional mission, so there's got to be a few more recolours available, too.

Good luck!

Mother of Arceus. The completionist in me is going to be busy.

Thanks

How do you know where secret bits are in Adventure Mode?

A square has a symbol which I assume is the item card you need, and when you go on to search there's no twinkle like there was in the introduction.

How do you know where secret bits are in Adventure Mode?

A square has a symbol which I assume is the item card you need, and when you go on to search there's no twinkle like there was in the introduction.

The item you see on the square is the item you can get from that level, you need to use the compass item to show you the twinkle, then use certain items to unlock the bonuses on that level.

zlCfzSet96wwdmYtmt

Hello to everyone in the Americas. This is Eiji Aonuma, the Supervisor of Hyrule Warriors. The game is finally available in North America! Did you get a chance to play it yet? Hyrule Warriors is a fast-paced Dynasty Warriors game filled with unique elements from The Legend of Zelda series. This game was crafted by the developers at Koei Tecmo Games, who are also fans of the Zelda series, so Zelda fans should have a fun time playing this too. In addition to our hero, Link, you can play as a variety of characters like Princess Zelda, Impa, and Midna, who makes an appearance in The Legend of Zelda:Twilight Princess, so I hope you'll try them out. Beyond that, additional downloadable content will become available in Hyrule Warriors after the game launches. The first DLC pack, Master Quest Pack, will be released on October 16. The details of that pack will be revealed soon, but today, let me give you a sneak peak at an additional weapon. The new weapon added through the Master Quest Pack is...Epona! Some of you may be surprised to hear that Epona is a "weapon", but in Hyrule Warriors, she can team up with Link to attack enemies! I already had a chance to try out Epona in the game. By riding Epona, I was able to blow heards of enemies away and gallop swiftly through the fields, and I had a lot of fun trying out this re-imagined version of her in Hyrule Warriors. In the Zelda series, players never had a chance to tackle bosses by galloping around them with Epona like in Hyrule Warriors, so I hope fans will enjoy playing as Zelda characters in a game with a different type of action than you typically find in the original series. In addition to Epona, the DLC will include other content as well, like new scenarios and costumes that will further expand your gaming experience. If you're interested, please check it out in the Nintendo eShop. I hope these download packs will help deepen and expand your adventures in Hyrule Warriors.

Jesus. They sure are delivering the goods with the DLC for this game so far.

Hehehe! :grin:

Glad I decided to get the DLC now. That is quality. :hehe:

I wasn't sure if I'd still be playing, but Adventure Mode keeps kicking my ass due to being underlevelled.

Nintendo and Koei Tecmo doing DLC the right way. Can't help but think Nintendo made sure it was substantial and cheap.

Nintendo and Koei Tecmo doing DLC the right way. Can't help but think Nintendo made sure it was substantial and cheap.

Highly questionable and debatable.

Highly questionable and debatable.

Not really.

It's substantial

And there's a clear difference in cost between where Koei Tecmo publishes it (Japan - 3000 Yen/$30/£18) and where Nintendo publishes it (NA/EU - £13.49/€14.99/$19.99)...all for four packs

So yeah, no trashing material here. Try again next time you come out from under your bridge :)

Not really.

It's substantial

And there's a clear difference in cost between where Koei Tecmo publishes it (Japan - 3000 Yen/$30/£18) and where Nintendo publishes it (NA/EU - £13.49/€14.99/$19.99)...all for four packs

So yeah, no trashing material here. Try again next time you come out from under your bridge :)

It's pointless "debating" with you. You only see one side EVER. This game had a short and rushed development cycle. It had DLC and patches from day one. It wasn't even out here yet and Japan had DLC. Didn't Japan get the Wooden Sword on the day it released here? The alternate costumes. You mean the ones we seen months ago and were forced to buy from certain retailers or else buy as DLC? You know they could have given this game proper development time instead of releasing patches to fix bugs straight away and DLC that was already ready and releasing as they go along.

As an aside to this there was an article I read a while back that said the Wii U was in an irreversible position and what Nintendo now have to try and do is convince their loyal existing customers to fork out money for DLC to keep them going. I'm seeing this happen. If anyone remembers it can they post the link please. We've had it with MK8(paying months in advance which was bizarre) and Hyrule Warriors. You know Smash Bros. is next, GUARANTEED! They might do that with Bayonetta 2 but no complaints as that game is really fleshed out. I'm very sceptical of DLC. If it is free fine but I wouldn't trust every developer or when it was created.

It's pointless "debating" with you. You only see one side EVER. This game had a short and rushed development cycle. It had DLC and patches from day one. It wasn't even out here yet and Japan had DLC. Didn't Japan get the Wooden Sword on the day it released here? The alternate costumes. You mean the ones we seen months ago and were forced to buy from certain retailers or else buy as DLC? You know they could have given this game proper development time instead of releasing patches to fix bugs straight away and DLC that was already ready and releasing as they go along.

As an aside to this there was an article I read a while back that said the Wii U was in an irreversible position and what Nintendo now have to try and do is convince their loyal existing customers to fork out money for DLC to keep them going. I'm seeing this happen. If anyone remembers it can they post the link please. We've had it with MK8(paying months in advance which was bizarre) and Hyrule Warriors. You know Smash Bros. is next, GUARANTEED! They might do that with Bayonetta 2 but no complaints as that game is really fleshed out. I'm very sceptical of DLC. If it is free fine but I wouldn't trust every developer or when it was created.

Erm, sure, the patches are really relevant to the pricing and scope of these 4 DLC packs. There's no evidence this DLC was ready when the game was or anything.

You're bloody insane.

Yes, it had those costumes as pre-order DLC (unrelated to what I was discussing) and yes, it received a patch before it came out here. So what? It had been out elsewhere first, and thus minor faults were found that required patches. Get over it.

Prepaying for DLC is nothing new, it's called Season Passes. It's nothing new, and it's not Nintendo "depending on it to survive". This game is fleshed out. Mario Kart 8 was fleshed out. Smash Bros. is fleshed out. These DLC packs are all extras done after development of the main game finished.

I swear, all you do these days is troll.

Edited by Serebii

Erm, sure, the patches are really relevant to the pricing and scope of these 4 DLC packs. There's no evidence this DLC was ready when the game was or anything.

You're bloody insane.

Yes, it had those costumes as pre-order DLC (unrelated to what I was discussing) and yes, it received a patch before it came out here. So what? It had been out elsewhere first, and thus minor faults were found that required patches. Get over it.

Prepaying for DLC is nothing new, it's called Season Passes. It's nothing new, and it's not Nintendo "depending on it to survive". This game is fleshed out. Mario Kart 8 was fleshed out. Smash Bros. is fleshed out. These DLC packs are all extras done after development of the main game finished.

I swear, all you do these days is troll.

That's a blatant lie and well you know it.

Dunno how anyone can accuse this game of not being fleshed out. There is so much content even without DLC!

Plus it's a lot of fun! Finally unlocked all the characters!

So, got through a pain in the arse of a level and just unlocked this weapon

zlCfzSe18IwFbO33Aj

Haha what an odd one.

Can we please have a civil discussion without resorting to Ad Hominem?

We can if Serebii stops with the lying name calling. Troll?

Has anyone tried out the 2 player co-op, what's it like?

I've not played it but it looks horrific. It's like playing through frosted glass.

Dunno how anyone can accuse this game of not being fleshed out. There is so much content even without DLC!

Plus it's a lot of fun! Finally unlocked all the characters!

I never said it wasn't fleshed out, obviously it is. That's Serebii misinterpretting my post. I just said Bayonetta 2 was fleshed out, meaning you've a free game, tonnes of fan service, they've taken their time, it looks beautiful, 60 FPS, it has online multiplayer, etc., etc. So if Nintendo and Platinum decide to do DLC, good luck to them, I don't mind. I haven't heard Platinum bleating on and showing us the paid for DLC that'll be out on day 1. I haven't heard of this game needing a patch.

There's a reason, several reasons why Hyrule Warriors has a Metacritic score of 74.

We can if people stop with the lying name calling. Troll?

I've not played it but it looks horrific. It's like playing through frosted glass.

I never said it wasn't fleshed out, obviously it is. That's Serebii misinterpretting my post. I just said Bayonetta 2 was fleshed out, meaning you've a free game, tonnes of fan service, they've taken their time, it looks beautiful, 60 FPS, it has online multiplayer, etc., etc. So if Nintendo and Platinum decide to do DLC, good luck to them, I don't mind. I haven't heard Platinum bleating on and showing us the paid for DLC that'll be out on day 1. I haven't heard of this game needing a patch.

There's a reason, several reasons why Hyrule Warriors has a Metacritic score of 74.

Paid for DLC is not out day one for this game either. Your entire argument is based on inaccurate information.

Why do you have an issue with them patching out small glitches, too? At least they gave us new content with each patch so it's not like it's just them fixing things.

Edited by Serebii

Paid for DLC is not out day one for this game either. Your entire argument is based on inaccurate information.

Oh sorry, it's not day 1. Better throw the whole statement in the bin.

Oh but look at your statement, "Your entire argument is based on inaccurate information". Into the bin goes your rubbish too.

Oh sorry, it's not day 1. Better throw the whole statement in the bin.

Oh but look at your statement, "Your entire argument is based on inaccurate information". Into the bin goes your rubbish too.

I'm not ruining this thread by engaging with you anymore. Take your crap elsewhere.

The biggest of which is because quite a few people don't like the Dynasty Warriors style of game.

It's high scoring for the series.

The biggest of which is because quite a few people don't like the Dynasty Warriors style of game.

It's high scoring for the series.

Perhaps you're right, it could be a West v East thing. Famitsu did give it 36/40. But then again it's Famitsu. Still pixelly multiplayer, no online multiplayer and a buggy game stands out in any language. The bugs at least can and have been fixed.