NEurope
Ashley

Hyrule Warriors

Mine works perfectly, came home and it was already downloaded and installed, didn't have to do anything. Now only if I could've downloaded DKC SNES directly to my machine too...

Mine works perfectly, came home and it was already downloaded and installed, didn't have to do anything. Now only if I could've downloaded DKC SNES directly to my machine too...
Lucky you.

BTW, is your Hyrule Warriors save data on the Wii U system memory, or on an external hard drive? :hmm:

Nuts, I hit a wall in Adventure Mode DLC. Need to level up Lana and Agatha

Fucking hell, Nintendo. Not impressed at all. :mad:

First of all, Standby functions on the Wii U simply do not work. icon13.gif Or at least not on my system.

I thought it was strange how I've had to manually update software ever since the introduction of standby connection, but heard it was due to it not being compatible with older titles that predate the feature. Well, this isn't an older title, yet it still doesn't update automatically. :indeed:

So, I go to update manually, and what happens? This happens:

XHsYLah.jpg

And not once, but twice! :shakehead

The error message said "The USB storage device has been disconnected", interesting I thought, seeing as it hadn't. But even more so because the destination of the update was the bloody System memory!:

R1KbWIC.jpg

Eventually I realised that my external hard drive was shutting down while the update was installing, and this was (for some inexplicable reason ::shrug:) causing the Wii U to crash.

In the end (and after some Googling) I had to disable the sleep feature of the hard drive by going into a hidden option (and God only knows why this is hidden) in the Wii U system settings (accessed by holding down on the D-Pad and the +/- buttons) and then on the third attempt the update installed correctly. :zzz:

But yeah, if the hard drive wasn't being used for shit, why in the hell was it effecting this update? :blank:

Absolutely ridiculous. icon13.gif

I almost didn't feel like even playing after spending so long trying to update, but I just gave it a go, and yeah... Epona is mental. :laughing:

So twitchy. I did one of the defeat 300 enemy levels, and it was a piece of piss. :hehe:

Didn't they recommend to turn off the hard drive sleep features?

How big is the Update? I started doenloading an hour ago... watching some TV go to check the update and saying 9 hours left right now..... WTF??????

and I just remembered I left my Wii U on standbye all day today.....why didnt auto download the thing?

and I just remembered I left my Wii U on standbye all day today.....why didnt auto download the thing?

Didn't they recommend to turn off the hard drive sleep features?
Dunno, I never heard about it before. :blank:

How big is the Update? I started doenloading an hour ago... watching some TV go to check the update and saying 9 hours left right now..... WTF??????
309 MB.

Because the feature is borked.

Lucky you.

BTW, is your Hyrule Warriors save data on the Wii U system memory, or on an external hard drive? :hmm:

External drive.

God I love this game, I dont k le what it is, I can button mash for hours and not get bored... Online would be perfect on this... It's so depressing!

And not once, but twice! :shakehead

The error message said "The USB storage device has been disconnected", interesting I thought, seeing as it hadn't. But even more so because the destination of the update was the bloody System memory!:

Sounds more like an issue with your HDD. Is is mains powered or are you using a Y Cable?

Downloads should go straight to your HDD if one is present but if it's going to sleep maybe the Wii U is falling back to the system memory. Doesn't explain why it still didn't download though. ::shrug:

Did you power it on before hand?

Downloaded the patch via sleep mode fine for me. ::shrug:

Sounds more like an issue with your HDD. Is is mains powered or are you using a Y Cable?

Downloads should go straight to your HDD if one is present but if it's going to sleep maybe the Wii U is falling back to the system memory. Doesn't explain why it still didn't download though. ::shrug:

Hard drive is connected via a Y Cable, but it's definitely not an issue with the drive.

Like I said before, my Hyrule Warriors save data is on the Wii U system memory, so the download should be, and was, going to that location. The problem came about because it was taking quite a while to download/instal, and in that time my external HDD was going to sleep. Which again, shouldn't have caused a problem because it wasn't even being used for this update. :blank:

I'm now getting the feeling that standby connection actually works better with external storage than with the Wii U's own system memory. :indeed: Dazzybee's was on external HDD (and I'm assuming yours is as well) and downloaded without a problem. Mine is on system memory (and perhaps Mokong's) and it didn't download. :hmm:

Maybe I should just move all of my save data over to the HDD then. ::shrug:

Like I said before, my Hyrule Warriors save data is on the Wii U system memory.

Ah, I missed that part.

Mines the digital version so everything is on my external drive.

Wii U - Hyrule Warriors - Master Quest Pack (English Trailer)

Cheers.

@Mokong, how about you, what's your Hyrule Warriors data saved on?

saved on system. not using an external HDD yet... i dont d/l much

The DLC is amazing, I love the new characters and the new story mode levels are great.

The only thing is, this game was massive before the update, now it is even bigger, double the size in Adventure mode! This is the kind of game you could put months into.

I never thought I would have enjoyed this so much, but it's really worth it and the DLC is a total bargain and adds an incredible amount of value.

Does anyone know how you get all the costumes - ie Ocarina and Twilight Princess?

ok WTF now? i just checked my game, update in my game. the new characters are there but thats all? eShop confirms i bought the DLC but I have no Epona weapon, no new adventure mode map (not finished original mind) , no alt costumes and no new levels showing in Legend mode....WHERE THE FRAK IS MY CONTENT :mad:

My standby light is orange now...my new content better ne there when i get home from work

saved on system. not using an external HDD yet... i dont d/l much
Cheers.

Just as I suspected then, it seems like the standby functions of Wii U don't work very well (or even at all) with the system memory. :hmm:

Think I'm going to move my Hyrule Warriors data to my HDD, see what happens when the next DLC update gets released.

My standby light is orange now...my new content better ne there when i get home from work
Fingers crossed that it is, keep us posted. :)

I had to (manually) download the first update which gave me Cia, Volga and Wizzrobe, but nothing else. Was very confused, went to the eshop and checked that it registered my previous purchase (it had) and then had to stop and restart my game to get the add on content (which was another download and install). I only use the system memory as well but I guess it could just have been busy servers.

Love Epona, perfect for charging into battles but I guess I kind of agree with @Wii that this at least could have been in the actual game especially given links animation.

Found the first Cia level very hard with here at level 1. Died once and it took a long time. Fun though. :)

Taking out the final boss with Epona is pretty damn entertaining!: :D

Bucking Ganon right in the chops! :laughing:

Genius. :bowdown:

Man, I hate playing as Zant

Master Quest is forcing me to play as other characters. I don't like it :p

Man, I hate playing as Zant

Master Quest is forcing me to play as other characters. I don't like it :p

I kinda like that. Makes me glad I bothered to train all my characters evenly.

Zant I'm OK with, it's Ruto and Agitha I struggle with. I like Agitha, but she just sucks at taking out Dinolfos. So naturally, her Level 3 weapon mission is chock full of the buggers! She's Level 65 and I still can't get 1,200 KO's and finish up in less than 20 minutes, never mind 15!

Cia and Volga are both fantastic. Great, fluid attacks and are great at coping with many situations. Wizzro suffers from not being able to coax enemies into showing weak points. Far too easy to juggle enemies, making fights last too long for A ranks. I need to get his Level 2 weapon.

Speaking of, lovely nod with his weapon being the blue ring from Zelda 1.

Safe to say the red ring will show up soon.

EDIT: OK, this needs to be said. What masochistic nutjob thought it'd be a good idea to have "Don't get hit" as one of the Master Quest rules and then expects you to A rank a 15 minute mission while getting 1,200 KO's?

One hit! From any random enemy, and your chance at an A rank is kaput. There's hard and then there's just unfair! I'm not OK with that.

Edited by Glen-i

Why is there always a purple tunic available for Link? From which game does it come from and whats its use?

isn't it a throwback to the many outfits you get in A link to the past?

You two need to play Four Swords / Four Swords Adventures.

Great little gems, especially with friends.