NEurope
Ashley

Hyrule Warriors

14th August release date for Japan it seems.

Impa (SS version ) is seen in a new magazine scan.

I'm interested in seeing what DW fans end up thinking of this game, with it possibly being their first point of contact with the Zelda series (rather than the other way around...)

They'll probably buy Majora's Mask immediately and then think "How the f**k do I play this?!!"

What if it's actually Zelda?

Haha. Plot twist right there.

I dunno if its the scarf or the hair but something about this design just doesn't sit right with me.

Haha. Plot twist right there.

I dunno if its the scarf or the hair but something about this design just doesn't sit right with me.

Probably the lipstick

I dunno, I like the look of this. Should be good.

The character art looks slightly feminine. It is a Japanese magazine though. They'll furrow link's brows when he hits the EU and America. :heh:

More importantly, Link looks awesome in-game and Impa indicates variety. Woot!

ω-Force & Team NINJA are the specific developers of Hyrule Warriors.

Download copy will be cheaper than the retail copy, but at around 10,000 yen, there's apparently a premium box to be for sale. (Prices aren't clear. Retail starts with a 7, Download with a 6 and Premium with a 10. I doubt it's a round number)

The magazine has an interview with producers Koinuma Hisashi & Hayashi Yosuke and the supervisor, Eiji Aonuma.

Link sets off to rescue Princess Zelda, who has been kidnapped by the evil witch Shia.

The magazine introduces Link, Impa, Shia, and some of her minions.

Location includes Hyrule Field

Says there's some unexpected playable characters.

My good friend StreetsAhead covered translation of part of the story:

Link sets off to rescue Princess Zelda, who has been kidnapped by the evil witch Shia.

Come on Tingle. :bouncy:

That would be simply amazing. :D

The DW games have always had a crazy amount of characters, both available at the start and unlockable, and i'm expecting this to be no different.

I wonder how long this was in production for? The trailer we got was pretty rough and then it's out in August. Then again, the DW series has never been about production values.

That would be simply amazing. :D
Sure would.

Perhaps get Barkle into the mix as well. :grin:

The DW games have always had a crazy amount of characters, both available at the start and unlockable, and i'm expecting this to be no different.

I wonder how long this was in production for? The trailer we got was pretty rough and then it's out in August. Then again, the DW series has never been about production values.

I was contemplating picking up one of the PS3 versions of Dynasty Warriors at some point before this game releases, any idea which is the best version out of 6, 7, or 8?

I was contemplating picking up one of the PS3 versions of Dynasty Warriors at some point before this game releases, any idea which is the best version out of 6, 7, or 8?

I can't remember which one I played last on the 360. It was a few years ago now and it had strategy elements to it. It may have been one of the Empire ones.

To be honest you can't really go wrong with any of them. I played DW2 on the PS2 and the ones on the 360 played exactly like them but with better graphics.

Basically, go in expecting hack and slash gameplay and that's what you are going to get. :D

I like hack and slash to an extent.

One of my favourite Skyward Sword moments is towards the end, when you're running down the mountain with hordes of bokoblins coming at you, just swiping them away as I run down. It was glorious

Edited by Serebii

Even with that utterly terrible zombie game, I'm slightly more optimistic about this knowing that Team Ninja are helping.

My good friend StreetsAhead covered translation of part of the story:

Interresting.

In OoT, at least, Impa seemed to be a cool character. Hope they pick that design over the anorectic from Skyward Sword.

I like the sound of that.

zelda-skyward-sword-groose.jpg

Playable Groose, anyone?

ω-Force & Team NINJA are the specific developers of Hyrule Warriors.

Is that a first? Pretty sure that all the previous DW games were made by Omega Force on their own weren't they?

Now I DO like the sound of this :) Playable Linebeck (who wins fights by cowering away until Jolene kills everyone) confirmed! ;)

I played Dynasty Warriors AGES ago and really didn't like it, but this was back in the PS2 era, it'd be interesting to see how this one plays out. Other than Wind Waker, I haven't been a fan of Zelda for years, so perhaps a fast paced, no block pushing bullshit spin will be more up my alley, I guess we'll see!

Even if it does get a good reception though, I can't see it breaking a million. Very few Wii U games have and they've mostly had Mario behind them. Heck, Wind Waker only just broke a million and that's a main entry (though admittedly a remake)

We'll see, maybe if Wii U sales pick up after Mario Kart it will be possible. I really don't know how well Dynasty games sell usually! I just feel as though the market for that series wouldn't be on Wii U.

They'll probably buy Majora's Mask immediately and then think "How the f**k do I play this?!!"

ha! thats a good one! : peace:

Man, if you didn't know anything about MM, I can imagine the player being stressed out with the constant cycle of 'death in three days'... Still an ingenious concept.

So my question from that new screenshot is does Dynasty Warriors have that "thing" where there are hundreds of enemies on screen but those other than the ones immediately attacking just stand idling? It's one thing that bothered me with Dead Rising 3 zombies not moving until you were close to them and then they activate...takes you right out of the experience.

So my question from that new screenshot is does Dynasty Warriors have that "thing" where there are hundreds of enemies on screen but those other than the ones immediately attacking just stand idling? It's one thing that bothered me with Dead Rising 3 zombies not moving until you were close to them and then they activate...takes you right out of the experience.

Increase the difficulty and that doesn't happen