NEurope
Ashley

Hyrule Warriors

... On another note, I'm going to assume that depending on how closely this game follows the Dynasty Warriors formula, this game might have voice acting.

They should get Jonathan Potts (voiced Link in the cartoon) to come back.

Well exuuuuse me, Princess!

Have I ever played Dynasty Warriors? No.

Am I interested in this? Hell yeah!

The fact that they only gave out a tentative title means the game is still far off, maybe even almost a year off.

Anyway, good showing. This is the way to surprise people. I coulndn't expect this even in my wildest dreams. Me Gusta.

Have I ever played Dynasty Warriors? No.

Am I interested in this? Hell yeah!

The fact that they only gave out a tentative title means the game is still far off, maybe even almost a year off.

Anyway, good showing. This is the way to surprise people. I coulndn't expect this even in my wildest dreams. Me Gusta.

Japan's title isn't tentative, even has a logo!

JUyF9WF.jpg

You've been spending too much time smoking Bellsprout's stun-spore, brah. It looks very basic.

It's very early and it could be decent when finished. But, gah, the depressing thing for me is that there are a field full of enemies who don't seem to attack or react to Link being there (except by looking at him). I wonder if Nintendo should have kept this under wraps, just released screens and waited until it was a bit smarter looking before showing off any more.

A quotefrom GAF

Here is what you need to know about Musou games:

1) Always play on a fairly high difficulty. The game is on baby mode for like the first three difficulties. Enemies barely attack, they all stand in circles and send one guy at you at a time like a dance battle, and there's never any pressure between two choices or how fast you can get somewhere with that level of AI.

2) Every trailer is always on an easy difficulty. It's impossible to get a feel for the AI without actually playing it or seeing the game LPed on Youtube. Everyone just gathers around Link here because it's probably on easy,

3) They are ultimately high-score games. Yeah, I suppose you can just put it on easy and press the attack button three times, but you're going to get a shitty score by doing so. By making the most efficient route, using combos and area attacks, and fighting smartly, you maximize your score. It's okay to still not like that genre, but recognize the genre for what it is before you dislike it.

They should get Jonathan Potts (voiced Link in the cartoon) to come back.

Well exuuuuse me, Princess!

Either him or Jeffrey Rath.

hyrulewarriorsdodongo.png

Dynasty Warriors always been one of those series I like in practice but never found this that enthalling to play. This is a reskinned Zelda version of that?! I mean cool enough but can't help but feel this is a filler title for 2014 to keep fans happy which means no new Zelda till 2015?!

I have to say Nintendo's bullish attitude that Directs are now the way forward is fascinating. They release it at arguably the latest time possible in 2013....it's a real slow news week. People starting to wind down for work but not away for Xmas. However imagine the fanfare if they didn't announce it in the manner they did (saying it was a crossover etc...) but left it hanging at the end of an E3 conference, insanity and explosive fan boyism would be guaranteed! It really shows they are out of the spectacle and the pantomime of this console wars.

Dynasty Warriors always been one of those series I like in practice but never found this that enthalling to play. This is a reskinned Zelda version of that?! I mean cool enough but can't help but feel this is a filler title for 2014 to keep fans happy which means no new Zelda till 2015?!

I have to say Nintendo's bullish attitude that Directs are now the way forward is fascinating. They release it at arguably the latest time possible in 2013....it's a real slow news week. People starting to wind down for work but not away for Xmas. However imagine the fanfare if they didn't announce it in the manner they did (saying it was a crossover etc...) but left it hanging at the end of an E3 conference, insanity and explosive fan boyism would be guaranteed! It really shows they are out of the spectacle and the pantomime of this console wars.

It's not really that bullish. No matter what they do, mainstream press ignores a lot of what they do so their stuff doesn't get out, seldom covering things unless it's huge. As such, the Nintendo Direct is the best way to get things out to people, in addition to the standard press releases to media

Adds credence to the idea that Nintendo still aren't aware the 90s have ended.

It's not really that bullish. No matter what they do, mainstream press ignores a lot of what they do so their stuff doesn't get out, seldom covering things unless it's huge. As such, the Nintendo Direct is the best way to get things out to people, in addition to the standard press releases to media

Jesus you really have to disagree/argue with everything I post I wasn't even overly negative yet you still pounce at a chance to have a dig. Bullish wasn't usedas a derogatory term I even said it was fascinating! The format of Directs has been criticized by gaming press culminating in some to even label their E3 Direct showing as outright bizarre I didn't say any of that. I even was saying how they timed it perfectly! It's no more different to say Ubisoft are bullish about having celebrity hosts at E3 or Microsoft always wheeling out at least one celebrity to say something about Xbox. Hell google bullish definition and look at the synonyms it lists:

confident, positive, assertive, self-assertive, assured, self-assured, bold, determined

Plenty of these words can be taken as extremely positive!

Fucking sick of this bullshit don't know why I even bother to try and join in conversations...

Unexpected. That's all I can say, never been a fan of this type of game. I might be interested if they have other playable Zelda characters and some kind of online co-op.

Oh and Link looks female.

Unexpected. That's all I can say, never been a fan of this type of game. I might be interested if they have other playable Zelda characters and some kind of online co-op.

Oh and Link looks female.

They did have Sheikah in the video at various points, so I think it might be hinted at. Maybe.

The idea of it could work. The execution is where I'm worried it'll be let down. I can see this type of thing becoming repetitive very quickly. Although, the possibility of being able to add your scores onto MiiVerse or something, that would be nice.

How does Dynasty Warriors compare to Ninja Gaiden? I've not actually heard of it before today.

How does Dynasty Warriors compare to Ninja Gaiden? I've not actually heard of it before today.

Nothing alike imo.

So is the gameplay of Dynasty warriors still just running around large battlefields, killing hundreds of enemies and targeting high ranking officers?

If so, this seems like an absolutely awful combination with Zelda?

That would suggest that the game has roughly as much depth as this trailer suggests, hacking and slashing at waves in generic and relatively shitty looking environments.

I guess maybe they'll stick a named character/boss from the series somewhere and you'll have to fight them. Wooh.

The trailer actually reminded me of that 3D Soul Calibur game on the Wii. Soulcalibur Legends was it? Yeah, not a good thing. The game looks something like a 10 year old's conception of a good Zelda game "Link looks really cool and realistic and fights loads of bad guys and kills them all".

Edited by James McGeachie

Someone just pointed out, about Link's scarf. Seems like this Link could be the one from the Skyward Sword manga. Maybe Nintendo are trying to squeeze this one into the official timeline after all?

Maybe not, though.

That's funny, I was thinking it was this generation's Link's Crossbow Training.

It won't be that shit. Hoepfully.

I loved Samurai Warriors Chronicles on the 3DS, if this is anything like that I shall be most pleased.

I don't really like Zelda and I've never played Dynasty Warriors before but this looks pretty cool, he has all his moves from Smash Bros Brawl and more. I think I'll buy this :D

yeah.. they may as well have been grass from WW, they were just sword fodder. Which is fine in some games, but at least make them pretend to be more!

Just got home to see today's announcements... was excited as to what this might be!!

... What utter shit.

Youtube 'waste of time' and this will be the first video you get.

Urggh, no thanks. This will sit alongside the CD-I games as non-playable in my books.

This game really is splitting opinions across the Internet. We really need to see more.

Wouldn't sell anywhere near as well without Link at the helm, but this game might have been better if they had themed it around the Sheikah and their speed, ninja and magic like moves.

Adds credence to the idea that Nintendo still aren't aware the 90s have ended.

I think you've gotten things backwards.

If Nintendo could release more games in the vein of what they had (and the fans asked them for) in the N64, I believe everyone would love Nintendo indefinitely more than now.

I may be the only one who didn't weep when he saw this. It has potential, I've always wanted Nintendo to create a more action-oriented game featuring the excellent combat mechanics from the 3D Zelda games. And if you look closely, you'll see that there seems to be something similar to Z-targeting (and correct me if I'm wrong, but the other warriors-games don't have this, do they?).

If the developers manage to mimick the Zelda combat system well enough (reduce the range of Link's sword, it seems completely retarded in the trailer and then make Link not machinegun out bombs out of his chest), this could be great. What I'd want from the game is refinement.

I'm hoping that the game is in an early stage of development, because given enough love, talent and money, this could be one of my so-far top Wii U games.

Let's be honest, Zelda hasn't been the premium franchise it once was in over 10 years. Making yet another quick cash-in won't really hurt the franchise any more than Aounuma has done on his own. Atless Iwata/Miyamoto have lost their god damned minds, they won't allow a sub-par Zelda to reach the shelves. Remember that Nintendo forced Retro to completely redo the combat system in Metroid Prime.