NEurope
Retro_Link

No Man's Sky

Someone grabbed a pic of this.

g4wi7bwx50fz.jpg

Someone else has been doing a bit of data mining and found this.

- Updated combat
- New exploration mechanics
- Interstellar trading
- New ships
- New story 
- New worlds 
- Portals
- New/updated Terrain
- Updated user interface
- new/updated "Visor"
- Visual improvements
- "No tint"
- Update to freighters
- Joint exploration

The new additional features and improved features are looking great.  Ooh the portal is a Stargate now lol. 7th Chevron locked! 

Edited by DriftKaiser
  • Like 1

I just hope MGM/Stargate don't sue them as those Stargates look very Atlantis. Update seems great so far. 

I'm playing on my nephews original PS4 and it is looking a lot better. Can't wait to see what it looks like on my Pro. 

• Like 1

Not sure how the portals work yet, but if you input the chevrons below in your portal, will you be able to visit my planet?

20770282_10211874046700273_2649938832533

My planet also got a makeover, it used be lush and green, but is now an ice planet :p

Edited by Tales
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DriftKaiser said:

The new additional features and improved features are looking great.  Ooh the portal is a Stargate now lol. 7th Chevron locked! 

What's your point of origin? :D

I'm downloading the update now. For all of the criticism regarding the launch and buildup to the game, Hello Games' post-game DLC has been great. I very much enjoyed participating in the ARG and you can see the lore of the game and its backstory coming together. 

Might give it a try later, but I have so much work to do and am off to Wales for the weekend. So, it may be better to just wait til Monday and start then. 

I definitely think and hope that there will be even more content added to the game. The pieces are starting to fall into place. Would be awesome to get more story content in the future. 

• Like 1

Oh my, I think it's time to get the game again. It's 15€ at the moment on the PSN store. Veeeeeryyy tempted.

Will check some impressions and make my decision later.

Edit: Downloading now :D

Edited by drahkon
  • Like 2

Iv actually started again, this feels like the game we wanted last year and I couldn't be happier. Thrown away my old save with money, resources, ships etc all to start again and get the full experience!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Esequiel said:

Iv actually started again, this feels like the game we wanted last year and I couldn't be happier. Thrown away my old save with money, resources, ships etc all to start again and get the full experience!

What are the biggest improvements that you've seen? What's different now to last year for you?

I'm looking forward to getting back into it. 

@Fierce_LiNk There is a new character based on a 4th race and it comes with a whole new story line.

The atlas path is now worth doing (although no idea what happens at the centre anymore).

Every system now has a different economy meaning you can actually be a trader now. Ships, freighters ground vehicles all seem better, planets are more 'alive' barren planets seems more barren!

It feels like the game we were promised, I'm excited to explore the galaxy now and with portals activated we could actually pick a system and all meet up and chat over PSN with our headsets (16 people in the same area).

Played for a bit.

It was a little overwhelming at first. A lot of new ways to do what I did when I first played the game :D

Still working on the missions I already knew from before (fuel for the Warp Drive).

Hello!

On July 24th No Man’s Sky NEXT will launch as a free update for PlayStation, PC, as well as launching on Xbox for the first time. We are focused on development, but we know people are hungry for details.

Nearly two years ago our small team of friends, with a shared love of sci-fi, opened up the universe of No Man’s Sky for the first time. It was an innovative, weird and at times lonely game. I loved that, it reminded me of the science fiction books I grew up with. It was broad in a way that almost no other game is, but with four updates it has become broader and so much deeper too.

That will be even more true with the launch of NEXT, bringing a full Multiplayer experience. We can’t wait for you to play, but hopefully you can see from the trailer this is a very new experience.

Here are a few things you might notice from the trailer…

Multiplayer

• Team up a small team of friends and explore the universe together, or be joined by random travelers.
  • You can help friends to stay alive, or prey on others to survive.
  • Tiny shelters or complex colonies that you build as a team are shared for all players.
  • Fight as a pirate or a wingman in epic space battles with friends and enemies.
  • Race exocraft across weird alien terrains, creating race tracks and trails to share online.
  • Character customisation allows you to personalise your appearance.

Visual Overhaul

• The game is fully playable in third or first person, both on-foot and in ship.
  • Planetary rings and improved space visuals make space more beautiful than ever.
  • Dramatically improved planetary terrain generation, ground textures, water and clouds bring the environment to life.
  • Significantly more detail added to ships, NPCs and buildings.

Unlimited Base Building

• Bases can now be built anywhere on any planet.
  • Dramatically increased base building complexity and size limits.
  • Hundreds of new base parts.
  • Own multiple bases.

Command Freighters

• Assemble and upgrade a fleet of frigates and command them from the bridge of your freighter.
  • Send your fleet out to into the universe, or deploy them to help you as you explore a specific system.
  • Improved freighter base building allows a truly custom capital ship.
  • Invite your friends aboard and take on challenging multiplayer missions from the Galactic Commision Station on your bridge.

This is an incredibly important update for us, but it’s also just another step in a longer journey, and we’ll continue to support No Man’s Sky in this way for the foreseeable future.

On behalf of myself, and the team at Hello Games I just want to say – Thank you. We are so excited to have made NEXT, and to continue to improve and develop No Man’s Sky, because of you, the community who play, explore and share this universe with us. It means so much to us.

We hope you enjoy this and what follows – and we look forward to meeting you out there! Our journey continues.

Sean

Edited by somme
  • Like 2

I've been following the No Man's Sky news on Reddit for months, shortly before the Foundation Update. As each update has arrived, it has made the game better each time, clearly. I've been waiting for that moment to jump back in, which looks like right about now. Curious to see where they take the game from here because clearly the longterm goal has been towards making this more multiplayer orientated, so it'll be interesting to see what happens now that they've finally got that up and running. 

1 minute ago, Fierce_LiNk said:

I've been following the No Man's Sky news on Reddit for months, shortly before the Foundation Update. As each update has arrived, it has made the game better each time, clearly. I've been waiting for that moment to jump back in, which looks like right about now. Curious to see where they take the game from here because clearly the longterm goal has been towards making this more multiplayer orientated, so it'll be interesting to see what happens now that they've finally got that up and running. 

Yeah, whilst I really enjoyed the game at launch - even with the bugs and without some features I was expecting, it was still the game I'd always wanted - it's significantly improved. 

The only major things I'd say I want in the future would be gas giants, more things to do in space (which may be coming NEXT week - sorry) and more interesting creature and biome variations. The latter of which I think is something that will be tweaked and improved upon with every update, as they've already proven. 

I'm actually a lot more excited for third person than I thought I'd be. I guess after three hundred hours of first person it's nice to change it up. And I have always wanted to see my ship as I fly it and adding visual exosuit upgrades and customisation just adds to the plethora of upgrade possibility and progression trees already in-game. 

And as fun as it's been to play solo for three hundred hours - it's about time I showed off my freighter! Though that is going to seem pretty lame now we can have our own fleets. Playing with others is going to be a lot of fun. :D

Just now, somme said:

Yeah, whilst I really enjoyed the game at launch - even with the bugs and without some features I was expecting, it was still the game I'd always wanted - it's significantly improved. 

The only major things I'd say I want in the future would be gas giants, more things to do in space (which may be coming NEXT week - sorry) and more interesting creature and biome variations. The latter of which I think is something that will be tweaked and improved upon with every update, as they've already proven. 

I'm actually a lot more excited for third person than I thought I'd be. I guess after three hundred hours of first person it's nice to change it up. And I have always wanted to see my ship as I fly it and adding visual exosuit upgrades and customisation just adds to the plethora of upgrade possibility and progression trees already in-game. 

And as fun as it's been to play solo for three hundred hours - it's about time I showed off my freighter! Though that is going to seem pretty lame now we can have our own fleets. Playing with others is going to be a lot of fun. :D

One thing that I'd like is to be able to terraform planets. So, maybe have more dead systems, but you can build a base on a planet and then help life to flourish there. Maybe there could be a whole mechanic there to do with splicing lifeforms together to make new species or something to that effect. Would be quite fun to build colonies and maybe even a small city in the future. Who knows. :D

There are definitely more options available now than at launch. The whole base building aspect seems interesting and I like that there are missions within the game. Definitely excited about jumping back in and exploring the universe. :D 

Just now, Fierce_LiNk said:

One thing that I'd like is to be able to terraform planets. So, maybe have more dead systems, but you can build a base on a planet and then help life to flourish there. Maybe there could be a whole mechanic there to do with splicing lifeforms together to make new species or something to that effect. Would be quite fun to build colonies and maybe even a small city in the future. Who knows. :D

There are definitely more options available now than at launch. The whole base building aspect seems interesting and I like that there are missions within the game. Definitely excited about jumping back in and exploring the universe. :D 

There's also a thirty-hour story now. If you like classic sci-fi novels then you'll enjoy it - gets pretty meta. I had a sort-of game breaking bug happen through my playthrough, which they've fixed now. I teleported from a space station too many times and lost a mission planet across the other side of the galaxy. Had to fly there the old-fashioned way. Took me a week! Most people probably would've hated that but I rather enjoyed it. 

And terraforming planets is a great idea. You should email them the idea. They love community feedback (as long as its not death threats) and a couple of things I suggested were changed. It's very likely others suggested the changes too but good nonetheless.

Sounds great. Spent around 120 hours on the game so far. The last 10-20 hours was spent grinding for money so I could afford a freighter and more ships which I've yet to actually buy. Had to spend every part of my base for the farm to get the most of it, so it's nice to hear I can actually build an actual base in addition to the farm now, or just make a bigger farm I guess. In any case, I look forward to get back into the game and also continue the story.

Edited by Tales

This looks really tempting. I played through the original game, and liked it, but was happy to shelve it and forget about it after that. This is making me want to check it out again though. I have too many other games to play!

Hello Games could have given up with No Man's Sky, but continued at it and have delivered all this content for no extra cost.  I still venture in and out of the universe, and this update will certainly pull me back in. 

On 7/18/2018 at 12:31 PM, Jimbob said:

Hello Games could have given up with No Man's Sky, but continued at it and have delivered all this content for no extra cost.  I still venture in and out of the universe, and this update will certainly pull me back in. 

Yeah they could've given up... and had nobody ever trust them or give them a penny ever again and be done in the business forever.

Also tempted to pick this up, saw it for £10 second hand in Game the other day, is there anything significant I'd miss out on by buying it pre-owned? 

Also tempted to pick this up, saw it for £10 second hand in Game the other day, is there anything significant I'd miss out on by buying it pre-owned? 
I don't think so...

3 hours ago, killthenet said:

Nope, you won't miss out. The update that is coming is free to all users and there has been no paid DLC thus far. So, it should all be fine for you to get it preowned. I've noticed that it has been pretty cheap on PSN in the past, so it's worth looking on there, too. 
Also, in case any of you don't know already, the soundtrack for the game is available on Spotify and it's by 65daysofstatic, who are just completely fucking awesome. The soundtrack for the game is excellent and I still regularly listen to it now. Monolith and Outlier/EOTWS_Variation1 are two of my favourite tracks. Pure brilliance. It's just a really good album anyway, but the fact that the music is in the game too is another plus. 

• Like 2