Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Wii Sports Club

Dcubed

Red is there maybe other sources of IR light near you that the wiimotes think is a sensor bar? Don't they auto recalibrate when they "see" a sensor bar?

In other news just finished my trail with the most EPIC of bowling games. Must check the Wii games but pretty sure this was my best ever game

Never got 5 strikes in a row before either i'm sure

zlCfzRLntLIVXL8Blc

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Controls work perfectly for me. No calibration problems at all (well, except for that time I left the curtain open - DAMN YOU SUN AND YOUR IR LIGHT POLLUTION!)

Still haven't quite gotten the hang of slice and top-spin shots though...

my thoughts on this from playing last night...

online is bad in that you don't know if any of your friends are online, so a league would have to be very well organised. Finding games with randoms is easy enough, but let's face it we want to play with friends.

I was having real issues with the tennis, but I never played Wii Sports resort so I think this may just be down to me not being used to motion controls (probably need to do the practise games) The calibration was an issue though, quite often my player was holding the racket in backhand position even though I was holding in forehand. In a 6 point game, missing a couple of shots due to poor calibration can cost you the match, Actually just realised that I spent a lot of time on Grand Slam Tennis and starting to think I have been trying to use those swing mechanics. Will have a good play around tonight, but I've gone from a definite buyer to a not so sure and coming from an avid tennis fan this really shows just how badly Nintendo have messed this up. I know @dazzybee been bemoaning this for a while, but a 6 point game is a complete joke.

Yeah I agree; the friends matchmaking system is pure crap. Both Nintendo AND Namco have had much better systems in their past games, going back to Mario Kart DS style matchmaking is just absurd!

I suppose it's possible that it might've originally been designed to allow players to jump in directly from Miiverse (since joining players games from Miiverse posts is a feature that is due in an upcoming update), but with Wii Sports Club being pushed out the door before that update is ready; that feature is currently unavailable, making friends matchmaking much more barebones than planned...

I suppose we'll see soon enough though...

Hang on what!? 6 point game? What's that about?

Is this just online?

Yeah, only online. When in local play mode it uses a normal tennis scoring system. I'm totally confused as to why they have a 1 to 7 points based scoring system for the online mode. (first to 7 iirc).

Downloading now. :grin:

Exciting.

Found my wii remote plus too just before I downloaded. Batteries were dead so took the back cover off - battery had exploded inside... Crusty inside battery-ness galore. :blush:

After a mad panic, swift clean up and one set of new batteries later, i can confirm all is now working! Now to get my tennis on! :hehe:

So just had a quick go of this.

Blasted through a single player session to get to grips with the controls - had a few air swings on the forehand side... :blush: but the backhand was as sweet as the wii one!

Jumped into the online battered some lad who was level 1 then got pitted against a level 10 dude. Battered him an all. :laughing:

Love how I can finally play this game online rather than against the comp all the time!

Still need to get used to playing with motion plus before I feel totally comfortable with it, but for now I am loving what I've played so far! Definitely gonna purchase!

Edited by Aneres11
Automerged Doublepost

Had my first laggy Tennis game earlier... playing a chap from Noth West Italy (or the Mars Rover... not sure which). Took 5 mins to get to 1 point (including an excruciating replay. Had to quit out before I went to bed tonight at 1am!

Other than that I really recommend the mini games as stated above, really help you to get your Motion+ eye in.

Found my wii remote plus too just before I downloaded. Batteries were dead so took the back cover off - battery had exploded inside... Crusty inside battery-ness galore. :blush:

After a mad panic, swift clean up and one set of new batteries later, i can confirm all is now working! Now to get my tennis on! :hehe:

I had that same problem when I started my balanceboard up for Wii Fit U :blush:

There are some dirty cheats online , I beat people in tennis they DC after I win the last point , I checked my record and the match was not registered . I have met the same person 3 times and he does it every time .

I also wish there was an option just to select the entire uk region to play rather than picking a club and hoping someone's online. Lag wise it's great playing uk players but as you get further afield you can expect more lag .

Oh seriously? Why do people do that. So retarded.

That's why I couldn't give a shit about online in most games. Doesn't matter how amazing your online servers are, if knob heads are just gonna disconnect and be sore losers I'd rather not bother and carry on multiplaying the old fashioned way. More fun than sat huddled with a headset on your own anyway. ;)

There are some dirty cheats online , I beat people in tennis they DC after I win the last point , I checked my record and the match was not registered . I have met the same person 3 times and he does it every time .

Rage quitters already....damn

I also wish there was an option just to select the entire uk region to play rather than picking a club and hoping someone's online. Lag wise it's great playing uk players but as you get further afield you can expect more lag .

That's another thing I thought of. I only searched by Club once (tried for the "Rival Club" but it just timed out finding nobody and only searched "Everyone" from then on.

It's a nice idea but what they should have done was allow you see how many people are online (and potentially searching for a game) from each club (even if they are searching in "Everyone").

That was you'd know which clubs to select to search from and would know you aren't searching an "empty" club. WIth the clubs being a "big thing" in the games make up you think they would have foreseen an issue with people potentially searching clubs that had nobody online....oh wait Nintendo....explains everything :heh:

"Lets give them online but not make it in anyway intuitive....we strive for intuitive gameplay but Online....meh"

I've made a video of one of my matches online.

Just thought I'd do it for those who didn't know whether it was gonna be worth getting hold of the game or not or of they were still on the fence!

As you can see, I had zero slow down and haven't had any in all the matches I've played online - and I've played loads now.

The guy I was matched with here was level *6! So obviously played a lot! Still won though! :D

Feel like I've totally got to grips with the controls now too. Got the forehand down just about ;).

Really enjoying this. Got 2 hours left of my pass but definitely gonna be purchasing it.

My 24 hours are probably up now :indeed:

I didn't get to play it that much due to work and other commitments but I enjoyed it, for the most part! The first 2 games I had online were unplayable due to the connection beinig as low as it could possibly be (leading me to question whether it was just because I have relatively slow internet due to living out in the country) but the following 3 games were much better, thankfully :smile: When it worked, it was so much more fun! I crushed someone 7-0 and it felt brilliant, even if it doesn't quite play how I want a tennis game to play..

The main problem I have is whether it is superior enough to the versions I have had available to me since Wii Sports in 2006. I'm honestly not convinced they are :hmm: I'd certainly love to have them there on the Wii U Menu at my convenience but when I can't guarantee a strong internet connection at all times and the fact that all of the training modes that were in the original game aren't even present and I'm struggling to justify the fee, much like several others.

It very much feels like a game Nintendo got Namco to throw together before Christmas in an attempt to get more people interested in the console. Ultimately, those of us who have the console will get to vote with our credit cards and a lot of us seem to have decided that Nintendo will have to do better!

If a day comes when you can buy all 5 sports together at a discounted price, I'll more than likely be involved. For now, though, I'm likely to wait..

No one bothering with this then?

Woulda been nice to play with some of you guys! I downloaded the full version earlier this evening.

Still loving it!

I'm still on the fence.... while I did have fun playing the online setup especially for playing with Friends is horrid.

On the one hand I'm hoping if more people hold out (and complain on Miiverse bout the online) then things might change in a patch/update that really makes the game a must have.

On the other I do want to play it again :heh:

For now I still have Deus Ex to finish which I'm taking my time with at the mo, and Zelda Link Between Worlds coming soon. So who knows.

If Golf comes out before Xmas/soon then my thoughts might change

No one bothering with this then?

Woulda been nice to play with some of you guys! I downloaded the full version earlier this evening.

Still loving it!

I haven't downloaded this yet, but will. I'll be up for games of tennis and bowling.

Sad how quickly this faded, Nintendo really did fuck up.

I'm on now if you are!!

Ah sorry @dazzybee just seen this and come off now.

Had some fun in the single player anyway - as my level has gotten higher the stronger AI opponents are such a blast to play against! They move really quickly, they smash nearly every shot, it's great fun! :D

I will be playing some more tomorrow no doubt so when I am on I will be sure to post in here in case anyone is up for a game!

I kinda wish there was more stamps to collect too. The ones I have collected so far have been good to get and the ones remaining look quite challenging but I'm determined to get them all!

Sad how quickly this faded, Nintendo really did fuck up.
It really is sad, yeah. I mean this could've been huge, and a great way to start turning things around for the Wii U. :blank:

In a way it's also a shame that so many people are picking it up regardless of the inadequate online, because doing so will only give Nintendo the impression that they can get away with that level of functionality. ::shrug:

That said, I can't blame anyone for getting this, what with all of us Wii U owners being so damn starved of games. :hehe:

I'm on now if you are!!
Good luck meeting up for a game. :heh:

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!